Fans of Grand Theft Auto Online finally enjoying the recent major update, which sends them off to a sun-drenched island. But, what about Festive Surprise? Here’s what we know so far.
Ever since releasing back in 2013, GTA Online has been chock full of updates – be it to celebrate a real-life holiday, the game’s anniversary, or to bring a whole host of new content.
With the recent major title update, we saw the launch of the Cayo Perico heist. Along with the titular new island locale, we saw new guns, cars, and tweaks to the online experience.
Now, players are looking forward to Rockstar’s seasonally Festive Surprise winter update. Here’s everything that we know so far.
When is GTA Online’s Winter update?
Up to this point, Rockstar had been pretty cryptic about when the Winter update would be released. Fans were beginning to get concerned that there would be no new features or rewards added over the Christmas period. However, out of blue, Rockstar added a set of rewards for players to pick up over the festive period.
In an unlikely move, Rockstar released this year’s Festive Surprise on December 22. You can read about all of the incredible additions added to this year’s surprise in our dedicated holiday piece.
GTA Online Christmas Gifts
With Christmas being the time for giving, Rockstar also hands out gifts to players simply for logging in and playing a few moments.
This year, to receive GTA Online’s holiday gifts, simply login to the game. You’ll receive:
- Vibrant Stitch Emissive Mask
- Red Bleeder Festive Sweater
- Green Cluckin’ Festive Sweater
- Tartan Livery for Ardent, Akula, Technical Custom
- Candy Cane Livery for Comet Safari, APC, Insurgent Pick-Up Custom
- A care package containing the Firework Launcher, 20 Firework Rockets, a full supply of Snacks and Armor, 25 Sticky Bombs, 25 Grenades, 10 Proximity Mines, and 10 Molotovs
- Head over to Southern San Andreas Super Autos before December 30 to nab yourself a free Grotti Brioso 300
Keep in mind these rewards are only available between now and December 30th.
What’re you waiting for? The snow-covered hills of Los Santos await – get out there and enjoy some holiday spirit!