Treyarch has released another update for Black Ops 4 during what has to be the busiest week in the game’s short history.
The Black Ops 4 update train has continued with the fourth update in as many days as Treyarch continues improving every game mode over time.
The December 21 update contains a few more important fixes for Blackout, including looting glitches and the overabundance of Level 3 Armor in the loot tables.
Treyarch’s efforts to balance Armor in Blackout continues with the latest update as Level 3 Armor has been removed from Zombies Stashes in certain locations on the map to further decrease the likelihood of finding the coveted item.
Keeping with Blackout, Treyarch also dropped another tease at something special coming to the mode by mentioning the curious absence of zombies in Blackout for the second time in the span of a few hours.
Outside of these changes, the December 21 update also contains a number of important stability and bug fixes in all three game modes.
While this is another smaller patch than players are no doubt used to, Treyarch continues to point towards something bigger coming next week that could give players even more to look forward to as we head towards the end of 2018.
You can read the full December 21 patch notes below:
Dec. 21 Update: Armor and Zombies Updates in Blackout, Stash Looting Fixes, Other Minor Changes/Fixes
We’ve released a minor update today as we head into the holidays, with changes to Armor and zombies in Blackout, plus fixes for the Paladin Valkyrie Mastercraft and “The Numbers” outfit in MP, exploit fixes in Zombies, and more.
As we continue to monitor Armor’s performance in Blackout, we’ve reduced the abundance of Level 3 Armor in the game by removing it from Zombies Stashes (AKA Mystery Boxes) in Zombies-themed locations. And speaking of the zombies in Blackout, where did they all go…? Are they planning something for the holidays?
We’ve also addressed an issue with death stashes in Blackout, where the looting navigation UI would often dismiss when taking items out of a Stash. Another update is incoming later today which addresses the remaining issue of Death Stash icons sometimes flickering, along with a couple of additional stability improvements. Thanks for your patience!
See below for the full list of changes, and play nice out there this holiday season… we might have some goodies in our sleigh for next week!
Here’s what’s new in today’s game update:
- Removed Level 3 Armor from Zombies Stashes in Blackout
- Zombies mysteriously missing in Blackout…
- Fix for optics on the Paladin Valkyrie Mastercraft
- Additional crash fixes for Zero’s Ice Pick
- Map exploit fixes for Morocco in MP and Dead of the Night in Zombies
- Fix for “The Numbers” outfits not showing up in MP (PS4)
- Slay Bell and camo fixes (PC)
- Blackout Stash looting fixes incoming
- Removed Level 3 Armor from Zombies Stashes (AKA Mystery Boxes).
- Addressed some previous issues with looting Stashes; additional fixes incoming later today.
- Zombies in Blackout have mysteriously vanished…
- Addressed an issue with the Paladin weapon model when using the Sniper Scope.
- Addressed an issue with optics on the Paladin Valkyrie Mastercraft.
- Addressed an issue that prevented “The Numbers” outfits from being used in MP (PS4).
- Fixed additional crashes related to Zero’s Ice Pick.
- Closed an exploit where players could grapple on top of a rooftop in the southern corner of the map.
- Closed an exploit that allowed players to use Mule Kick to equip multiple Wonder Weapons.
- Dead of the Night
- Closed an exploit that caused the Stake Knife to deal too much damage.
- Closed an exploit in the Music Room that allowed players to avoid damage.
In addition to the updates above, we’ve also made the following updates to PC:
- Addressed an issue where the Slay Bell melee weapon’s lights could be seen through walls.
- Addressed an issue where the player could not properly unequip a camo.
Source – Reddit