Best MG42 Warzone loadout: Class setup, Attachments, Perks
The best MG42 Warzone loadout comes packed with high damage, huge amounts of ammo, and a fast rate of fire. This makes it a fantastic pick for those looking to claim plenty of kills in Season 1 on Caldera.
Vanguard’s MG42 is a great choice for Warzone players looking for a dominant LMG class. In fact, this beefy gun can shred through multiple enemies, particularly when it’s kitted out with the best attachments. While LMGs may not be as popular as the game’s best Assault Rifles and SMGs, the MG42 has quickly risen up the ranks.
This high-damage LMG can barrage enemies with a constant stream of bullets, which makes it a great pick for those that enjoy gunning for squad wipes. Whether you’re bored of the meta Automaton and STG44 loadouts or just want to try another powerful Vanguard gun, then this MG42 build will do just that.
- Best MG42 Warzone loadout
- Best MG42 setup (Perks & equipment)
- How to unlock the MG42 in Warzone
- Best MG42 loadout Warzone tips
- Alternatives to the MG42 Warzone loadout
Best MG42 Warzone loadout
- Muzzle: MX Silencer
- Barrel: VDD 890mm 32M Luftschutz
- Optic: G16 2.5X
- Stock: VDD 64M
- Underbarrel: M1941 Hand Stop
- Magazine: 6.5 Sakura 125 Round Drums
- Ammo Type: Lengthened
- Rear Grip: Polymer Grip
- Proficiency: Sleight of Hand
- Kit: Tight Grip
The best MG42 Warzone loadout boosts the gun’s damage and accuracy, which enables you to effortlessly beam down your foes without having to wrestle for control. First up is the VDD 890mm 32M Luftschutz barrel, Polymer Grip, VDD 64M, and Tight Grip.
All these attachments drastically reduce the MG42’s recoil, enabling you to hit those mid to long-range shots with ease. This is made even easier thanks to the 2.5x magnification from the G16 optic. In order to stay competitive against ARs, we’ve attached the M1941 Hand Stop.
- Read More: Best STG44 Warzone loadout
This underbarrel helps alleviate the ADS penalty and makes the MG42 a little more reactive. Sleight of Hand has also been chosen for this reason as it speeds up the gun’s sluggish reload times. Fortunately, the 6.5 Sakura 125 Round Drums ensure that you have enough ammo to cut through multiple targets.
Lastly, the Lengthened ammo type increases the MG42’s bullet velocity, while the MX Silencer keeps you from appearing on the minimap when firing.
Best MG42 setup (Perks & equipment)
Perks & Equipment
- Perk 1: E.O.D.
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Amped
- Secondary: Top Break
- Lethal: Semtex
- Tactical: Stim
Our MG42 Warzone loadout utilizes all the standard meta perks. Both EOD and Amped keep you safe from any explosive blasts, while also giving increased speed when swapping to your secondary weapon. This enables you to quickly switch to the Top Break in close-quarter firefights.
Meanwhile, Ghost also enables you to stay hidden from enemy UAVs – an area that is incredibly important in late-game circles. Once you have Ghost, you can run through Caldera without the fear of being spotted on the map by enemy squads.
Lastly, both the Semtex and Stim will give you the tools needed to flush out pesky campers and the ability to quickly heal yourself when you take damage.
How to unlock the MG42 in Warzone
In order to unlock the MG42 in CoD Warzone, you’ll need to reach player rank 4. This means that most Warzone players will have the deadly LMG unlocked. Even if you don’t, you can simply play a few games of Vanguard or Warzone, and you’ll unlock the MG42 in no time.
Once you have access to this iconic LMG, then you’ll be able to start grinding out all the best attachments outlined above.
In Warzone Pacific Season 1, the MG42 has been dominating as one of the best LMGs currently in the game. If you’re interested in giving our MG42 loadout a go, we’ve got you covered with some tips that you’ll to need to know.
- Being that the MG42 is a LMG, it comes with a very large magazine capacity. This means you don’t necessarily have to reload that often. When fighting a squad, trio or even duo, use this to your advantage and you will be able to take out multiple enemies at once.
- While this weapon can handle its own in medium to long range engagements, the slow handling speeds mean that its not the most efficient up close. Supplement this loadout class by having a SMG like the OTs9 or MP40 as a secondary.
- Even though the handling speeds on this LMG can’t compare to that of the best SMGs in Warzone, the MG42’s fire rate will down enemies with ease at close range. In the event you don’t have an optimal close range weapon, the MG42 can still hold its own.
Alternatives to the MG42 Warzone loadout
Despite the recent nerfs, the Automaton is still an incredibly powerful weapon in Warzone. Not only does it have great accuracy, but the gun’s damage range also makes it an extremely versatile option in Caldera.
If the low mobility and sluggish reload of the MG42 is causing you trouble, then the Automaton will likely be a more preferable option. Be sure to check out our best Automaton Warzone loadout to give you the edge needed to beat the competition.
So, there you have it, the best MG42 loadout that can reward you with plenty of kills in Warzone. If you want to keep updated with all the latest Warzone and Vanguard news and updates, then be sure to check out our Call of Duty page.