All MW3 equipment & Field Upgrades: Every confirmed Lethal & Tactical
Modern Warfare 3‘s battlefield is enriched with an array of new Lethal, Tactical, and Field upgrades. Here’s a comprehensive list of these essential tools.
Remember, Lethal and Tactical grenades aren’t just accessories; they can be game-changers, whether you’re flushing enemies out with a Flash Grenade or using Smoke Grenades for strategic cover.
And it’s just as important to know when and where to use Field Upgrades in the game. Whether that be putting a Trophy System down on an objective to protect teammates or putting down a Munitions Box to refill ammo, they are great for helping you in a pinch.
With that being said, let’s jump right into which equipment items players can expect to see in MW3.
All Lethal, Tactical, and Field Upgrade equipment items in MW3
Here is the full list of Lethal and Tacticals in Modern Warfare 3.
- Flash Grenade: Blinds and deafens targets.
- Battle Rage: Experimental stimulant that gives you an adrenaline rush. Health regenerates quickly and Tactical Equipment is resisted.
- EMD Grenade: Applies a tracking device to enemies hit, revealing them on your team’s minimap.
- Smoke Grenade: Deploys a smoke screen that blocks vision and automated targeting systems.
- Scatter Mine: Throw a field of mines across a wide area that detonates when enemies come within range.
- Decoy Grenade: Counter-intel grenade that simulates gunfire, movement, and radar signatures to confuse the enemy.
- Snapshot Grenade: Provides a momentary glimpse of enemies within the blast radius for your team or squad.
- Shock Stick: Electrical device that sticks to surfaces. Electrocutes enemies, destroys equipment, and causes vehicles to go haywire.
- Stim: Military stimulant that promotes clotting to close wounds quickly and refreshes Tactical Sprint.
- Tear Gas: Explodes on impact with the ground, releasing a lingering cloud of tear gas that causes slowed movement, blurred vision, and coughing.
- Frag Grenade: Cookable fragmentation grendade.
- Breacher Drone: Explosive drone that explodes in proximity to an enemy or impact.
- Semtex: Timed sticky grenade.
- Thermobaric Grenade: Cookable grenade. Creates a large explosion that stuns, leaves a fiery residue, and increases the lethality of explosives for a period of time.
- Claymore: Proximity-activated explosive mine.
- Throwing Knife: Retrievable throwing knife that is lethal on impact in Core MP.
- Thermite: Explosive incendiary device that sticks to all surfaces.
- Proximity Mine: Proximity-triggered explosive that launches in the air, and deals heavy damage to the surrounding area.
- Drill Charge: Charge with a thermal lance that can burrow into surfaces before exploding.
- C4: Large explosive that sticks to surfaces and can be detonated remotely using a “use Lethal Equipment” button when the equipment is deployed. Double-tapping the “Interact/Reload” button always detonates the explosives.
- Molotov Cocktail: Improvised incendiary device that explodes on impact.
- Throwing Star: A swift and deadly throwing star that inflicts a wounding effect on the target.
- Trophy System: Deployable autonomous defense system that destroys up to three nearby pieces of equipment and projectiles.
- Comm Scrambler: Disables communication with intel within its radius. Enemies will not be able to activate Killstreaks.
- Med Box: Deploy a box of medical supplies for you and your teammates.
- Munitions Box: Deploys a box of ammo and equipment for you and your teammates.
- A.C.S.: The Automated Computer Spike slowly captures points and temporarily hacks nearby enemy devices.
- Heartbeat Sensor: A limited use tablet that displays rough information about nearby enemies.
- Med Box: Deploy a box of medical supplies for you and your teammates to reduce healing delay.
- Inflatable Decoy: Proximity activated decoy mine. Upon activation the reinforced fiber target is violently deployed to confuse and distract. Press the ‘Tactical and Lethal’ buttons together a second time for manual activation.
- Tactical Insertion: Marks a location as your next spawn point. Tactical Insertion doesn’t have an effect in one-life modes, such as Search & Destroy.
- Tactical Camera: Remote-controlled camera that marks enemies. Press the ‘Tactical and Lethal Buttons’ to throw it, and press again to connect to it. When left on its own, the camera will monitor the area and warn players of nearby enemies by sound.
- DDoS: Activates a device that deactivates electronics, and disrupts enemy sensors in the immediate area for a short time.
- Deployable Cover: Portable, rapidly deployable ballistic cover.
- Recon Drone: Remote-controlled drone that has manual and auto marking capabilities.
- Dead Silence: Temporarily makes your footsteps silent. Gun, melee, and throwing knife kills refresh duration.
- Loadout Drop: Call in a team-based loadout crate with limited uses. Each player can only use it once.
- Portable Radar: Emits a periodic radar ping to detect nearby enemies.
- Smoke Airdrop: Call in a line of drones to deploy a smoke wall at a targeted location.
- Suppression Mine: Trip mine that when triggered, emits a constant sound wave that disrupts enemy vision and slows their movement.
- Anti-Armor Rounds: Gives weapon ammo that applies bonus damage against armored targets; this includes vehicles, equipment, body armor, and targets behind penetrable cover.
That’s everything we know about equipment items. For more, check out our latest coverage.
Best Modern Warfare 3 AR class loadouts | How to slide cancel in Modern Warfare 3 | Best controller settings in Modern Warfare 3 | All maps & modes | How to play Modern Warfare 3 at 120 FPS on PS5 | Modern Warfare 3 TTK | How long is the Modern Warfare 3 campaign? | Campaign mission list | How to fix packet burst | How to play MW3 Zombies in third person