Across the Spider-Verse box office: How much has it made?
Here’s the current box office performance of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse and how much it’s made so far.
While recent Marvel movies have underperformed in their theatrical runs – Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania failed to break $500 million and Black Panther 2 didn’t live up to its billion-busting predecessor – the friendly neighborhood web-slinger is a fool-proof route to profit.
While Into the Spider-Verse wasn’t a massive performer, it was heralded as one of the greatest movies in the hero’s big-screen library – and that appears to have boosted its sequel, so here’s how Across the Spider-Verse is doing at the box office.
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse box office
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse has grossed around $400 million worldwide so far.
Meaning, just over twelve days into its cinematic run, Across the Spider-verse has already beaten its predecessor – which made $383 million – at the box office.
Though it still has yet to beat the highest-earning Spider-Man movie so far, that being Spider-Man: No Way Home, which brought in $1.92 billion globally.
Following ATSV’s first weekend, it became Sony’s biggest animated film launch in its history, the third-best opening weekend for any Spider-Man feature, and the second-biggest opening of 2023, behind The Super Mario Bros Movie’s $375 million haul.
Over the course of that weekend, its domestic box office total amounted to $120.5 million, while it grossed just over $88 million overseas. To put this into context, Into the Spider-Verse opened to $35.6 million in the US in 2018 – that’s a 338% jump.
While Across the Spider-Verse has some competition over the next few weeks, such as Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Elemental, and The Flash, this success could keep going.
Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Comscore, told CNBC: “As a PG animated film, Across The Spider-Verse is able to capture a younger audience beyond the core fans of the live-action PG-13 films and thus ensures the long-term cross-generational appeal of the character and the movies. This is money in the bank for the studio and movie theaters.”
Spider-Man movies at the box office
Below you’ll find a list of every Spider-Man movie and their worldwide box office totals:
- Spider-Man (2002) — $821.7 million
- Spider-Man 2 (2004) — $794.7 million
- Spider-Man 3 (2007) — $894.8 million
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) — $757.9 million
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) — $709 million
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) — $878.2 million
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) — $377 million
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) — $1.13 billion
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) — $1.91 billion
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023) — $390 million (so far)
We’ll update this article over the coming weeks with updated box office figures.
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is in cinemas now. Check out our other coverage below:
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse review
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse ending explained
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse soundtrack and songs
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse cast & characters
- Is there an Across the Spider-Verse post-credits scene?
- Best Easter Eggs
- Beyond the Spider-Verse release date and more
- Across the Spider-Verse box office
- Is Tobey Maguire in Spider-Verse 2?
- Is Tom Holland in Spider-Verse 2?
- Is Andrew Garfield in Spider-Verse 2?
- Is Gwen Stacy transgender in Across the Spider-Verse?