Niantic has announced Sustainability Week in Pokemon Go. The special event celebrates Earth Day and will mark the debut of Gen VI ‘mon, Binacle. Here is everything you need to know.
In April of every year, people around the world celebrate the earth with various environmental initiatives. Niantic is bringing the eco-friendly festivities to Pokemon Go with Sustainability Week.
Players will not only be rewarded with in-game goodies for sustainable actions in the real world, they can also catch Alola’s Binacle for the very first time. Here is a breakdown of the unique celebration.
Pokemon Go Sustainability Week date & time
In 2020, Niantic revealed their sustainability campaign. As a part of that, Go is holding its very own Sustainability Week to coincide with Earth Day and other environmental celebrations in April.
The week-long event officially kicks off on Tuesday April 20 at 1o:00 AM and will run until Sunday April 25 at 8:00 PM local time. Appropriately, barnacle-like ‘mon Binacle will make its debut in raids and exclusive Research.
- Read More: Best Dragalge moveset in Pokemon Go
Other environmental-themed ‘mon will be spawning across the map with boosted rates. Trainers will also be able to work together to unlock some in-game bonuses.
Pokemon Go Sustainability Week features
- Pokemon Debut: Binacle & Barbaracle
- Shiny Debut: Trubbish & Garbodor
- Exclusive Research: Cottonee, Chespin, Binacle, and more through exclusive Research
- Event-exclusive Timed Research
- A free Sustainability Week T-shirt avatar item in the shop
|Diglett||5km / Shiny Available|
|Tangela||5km / Shiny Available|
|Goldeen||5km / Shiny Available|
|Budew||5km / Shiny Available|
|Cherubi||5km / No Shiny|
|Finneon||5km / No Shiny|
|Drilbur||5km / No Shiny|
|Alolan Exeggutor||Shiny Available|
Pokemon Go Sustainability Week unlockable Rewards / Bonuses
- Tier 1 (2,500 activations): Five-star raids will appear more often
- Tier 2 (5,000 activations): A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop. The rewards from Tier 1 will remain active.
- Tier 3 (10,000 activations): 2x Catch XP bonus. The rewards from Tiers 1 and 2 will remain active.
According to Niantic’s blog post, Pokemon Go players can work together to unlock bonuses during the event. Trainers who complete real-world sustainable activities will earn the community points that will go towards triggering the rewards.
There will be a total of three tiers that users can reach, with the first one boosting the spawn rates of 5-star raids. The final tier will give everyone 2x Catch XP bonus. At the time of writing, the real-life activities have yet to be revealed.