How to get coins in Pokemon Go: Earn free PokeCoins
Pokemon Go players can get their hands on valuable and exclusive items in the shop by spending Pokecoins, however, the currency is a scarce commodity in the game. Thankfully, there are some easy ways to collect PokeCoins, so here they are.
Of course, we’re talking about PokeCoins, and as Trainers may not want to part with their cash in exchange for the premium currency, it can seem impossible to collect enough to buy an item in the shop.
Fortunately, there is a method of collecting coins completely free of charge. So, let’s take a look at the best way to earn free coins in Pokemon Go regularly, without having to spend any money on the game.
How to get free PokeCoins
Taking over gyms
At this point in time, there’s only one way to consistently earn free coins in Pokemon Go and it involves taking over and defending gyms so that they remain in your team’s color.
By doing this, you can earn up to six PokeCoins an hour, although there is a maximum limit of 50 free Pokemon Go coins that can be earned every day. Follow the steps below to start collecting them:
- Find a gym in your area that’s the same color as your team.
- If a gym isn’t in your team’s color, you can battle the Pokemon in it to take over it.
- Once a gym is in your team’s color, place a Pokemon inside it.
- When your Pokemon is defeated your PokeCoins will be delivered automatically.
- Save up and buy your desired item from the shop!
If you repeat this method over multiple days, you could be earning quite a lot of Coins considering 100 PokeCoins costs $0.99 in the Pokemon Go Shop. Keep in mind that you can only put one Pokemon in each gym at a time, and you can take over a maximum of 20 gyms at once.
Using Google Play credit
The most obvious way to get Pokecoins is to buy them, and of course, that’s not free. However, players can use Google Play credit to purchase the Pokecoins in the game’s shop, and we have the perfect way to get free Google Play credit right here.
- Download Google Opinions Rewards
- Open the app and follow the instructions to set everything properly.
- Take the introductory survey and close the app.
- Go back to the Pokemon Go app and play as usual.
- During the following weeks you’ll get notifications from the Google Opinions Rewards program asking you to complete surveys in the app.
- Do so and you’ll earn Google Play credit in exchange. (Each survey only takes a few minutes but keep in mind not all of them will get you a reward)
- Use the Google Play credit to buy Pokecoins.
What can I buy with Pokemon Go Coins?
The Pokemon Go shop is filled with supplies and exclusive items for Trainers to buy with PokeCoins. If you’re curious about what the premium currency can unlock, check out the list below:
- Lucky Eggs
- Poke Balls
- Bag Upgrades
- Pokemon Storage Upgrade
- Egg Incubators
- Lure Modules
- Raid Passes
- Star Pieces
- Max Potions
- Max Revives
Hopefully, you now know how to earn these for free without having to spend real money.
There’s no doubt it can be tough defending a set of gyms, but it’s well worth the effort for the items you can buy and the money you’ll save in the long run.
That’s everything you need to know about how to earn free Pokemon Go coins in 2023. For more tips and tricks to becoming a Pokemon Master, check out more of our guides below: