There are two new champions in Wild Rift thanks to patch 3.5: Kayn and Aatrox. The Wild Rift patch also debuts a brand new game mode, champion balances, and quality-of-life changes targeted toward improving the game.
The previous patch 3.4b debuted on Wild Rift on November 2, bringing some minor changes. This particular update had no nerfs, making minimal impact on the meta.
As for Wild Rift patch 3.5, this update brings a new game mode alongside two new champions: Kayn and Aatrox. There are also huge gameplay changes including a massive Jungle update.
Here is everything to know regarding Wild Rift patch 3.5, including a rundown on basic champion information, and other gameplay elements.
Wild Rift new champions for patch 3.5
RiftGuides teased the release of Kayn and Aatrox a while ago, and the news was then confirmed in the official dev update. In addition to these two champions, Lilia was announced as well, who is a four-legged deer-like champion.
Riot loves to release champions two at a time for the game, with the two celebrating big events. Kayn and Aatrox release together, and share a release event. Lilia releases separately, likely a couple of weeks after Kayn and Aatrox drop.
Kayn in Wild Rift
This champion is a jungler assassin, who has two build paths laid out for him: Blue or Red Kayn. These dictate his play style alongside utility, increasing Kayn’s versatility in scaling.
Kayn has the ability to walk through walls, which may be a huge problem in Wild Rift. The maps are smaller, and gameplay is fast-paced. The scythe-using champion could break the game with his obstacle-ignoring plays.
Aatrox dives into the game
The other new champion is Aatrox, who functions best in the Baron lane. He’s a melee bruiser, who utilizes area-of-effect abilities and crowd control to bully the enemy.
Check out Dexerto’s build and guide on the champion.
Lilia joins Wild Rift
The third champion is Lilia. This champion utilizes her four hooves to roam around the map – using movement speed alongside her sleep ability to catch out-of-position targets.
New Game Mode: One for all
There’s a brand new game mode for Wild Rift, One for all! This is actually a game mode taken from League of Legends PC, so it’s not completely new, but it’s the first time it’s debuted in the mobile MOBA.
One for All has each team lock in a single champion, forcing all players within the team to play the same pick. This makes for hilarious team fights, where you can see five Blitzcranks against five Sorakas.
Check out the official Wild Rift patch 3.5 preview for more information regarding the event.
During the cycle of 3.4, Wild Rift developers prioritized the support role. New support items were implemented, and Riot focused on balancing the items, helping the role feel far better.
For the patch 3.5 cycle, Riot is looking to make the jungle role easier.
They have removed Red Smite, making buffs shareable, rebalancing many of the jungle camps, and implemented a new jungle-exclusive rune.
Wild Rift patch 3.5 champion changes
Mystic Shot (1)
- Base Damage: 20/55/90/125 → 30/65/100/135
- Dash no longer follows enemy Flashes and similar effects.
Howling Gale (1)
- Bonus damage per second charged: 20/25/30/35 + 15% Ability Power → 15/20/25/30 + 15% Ability Power
- Passive movement speed bonus: 6/8/10/12% → 6/7/8/9%
- Base health 570 → 600
Force Pulse (3)
- After 6 spells are cast nearby, 60% Damage amplification → 40% Damage amplification
Prismatic Barrier (2)
- Shield: 50/70/90/110 + 20% Ability Power → 40/70/100/130 + 15% Ability Power
- Double shield: 100/140/180/220 + 40% Ability Power → 80/140/200/260 + 30% Ability Power
Final Spark (4)
- Ability Power ratio: 85% → 75%
Gleaming Quill (1)
- Range: 700/800/900/1000 → 800
- Base damage: 70/130/190/250 → 80/140/200/260
Last Embrace (2)
- Damage: 70/130/190/250 → 90/155/220/285
Curse of the Black Mist (3)
- Cooldown: 26/24/22/20 → 22/20/18/16
- Base mana regeneration: 12 → 16
Twilight Assault (1)
- [NEW] Bonus damage will apply at 50% effect to attack splash damage.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Base mana: 435 → 460
- Base mana regeneration: 12 → 16
Looming Darkness (3)
- Cooldown: 12s → 13s
- Mana cost: 70/80/90/100 → 80/90/100/110
Spirit Cleave (2)
- Base damage: 20/30/40/50 → 10/20/30/40
Soul Unbound (3)
- Cooldown: 20/17/14/11s → 20/18/16/14s
Wild Rift patch 3.5 gameplay changes
[New] Horizon Focus
- Fiendish Codex + Haunting Guise + 700g
- Total Cost: 2800g
- 80 Ability Power
- 150 Health
- 15 Haste
Passive – Hypershot:
- When a non-targeted ability hits a champion at least 500 range away*, it applies one stack, and when you immobilize a champion, add 2 stacks.
- Stacks last for 5 seconds.
- After reaching 3 stacks, consume the stacks to deal 80 + 20% Ability Power magic damage and apply another stack.
[New] Lord Dominik’s Regard
- Last Whisper (1100g) + Cloak of Agility (1000g) + 1000g
- Total cost: 3100g
- 35 Attack Damage
- 25% Crit chance
Passive – Last Whisper:
- 16 – 30% Armor Penetration
Passive – Adrenaline:
- Your first attack on a champion after being out of combat with champions has 80% increased Attack Speed.
[Reworked] Awakened Soulstealer
[New] Build path:
- Prophet’s Pendant (1250g) + Fiendish Codex (1000g) + 750g
- Total cost: 3000g
- Ability Power: 65
- Haste: 20
- Health: 150
[New] Unique Passive – Death Touch: 15 Magic penetration
[New] Unique Passive – Soulflare: Takedowns on enemy champions within 3 seconds of dealing damage to them reduce the remaining cooldowns of your abilities (including ultimates) by 20%.
- Attack Damage: 20 → 25
- Ability Haste: 20 → 25
[New] Build path:
- Fiendish Codex (1000g) + Oblivion Orb (800g) + 700g
- Total cost: 2500g
- Ability Power: 70
- Haste: 20
[Unchanged] Passive – Affliction:
- Dealing magic damage applies 40% Grievous Wounds to enemy champions for 3 seconds. If the target is below 50% health, this effect is increased to 60% Grievous Wounds instead.
- Magic penetration
- Gold cost: 3000g → 2900g
Champion rune replaced by [new] Sudden Impact
[New] Domination: Sudden Impact:
After exiting stealth or using a dash, leap, blink or teleport effect, damaging an enemy champion grants 10 Armor Penetration and 10 Magic penetration for 3 seconds (4 second cooldown).
[Reworked] Inspiration: Pathfinder
- Gain 20 bonus movement speed in the river. When in the river while out of combat, restore 0.6% missing health or 0.6% missing mana (based on the lowest value) every 1 seconds and gain an additional 10 bonus movement speed.
[Reworked] Inspiration: Phase Rush
Effect: Hitting champions 3 times with separate attacks or abilities within 3 seconds,
- Grants: (Melee 40% − 60% / Ranged 30% − 50%) Movement speed and 75% Slow resistance → (Melee 40% − 60% / Ranged 30% − 50%) Movement speed, 10 Ability Haste and reduces and reduces your current basic ability cooldowns by 20%.
- Duration: 3 seconds
- Cooldown: 12 seconds
- On-hit adaptive damage: 7 – 14 → 12 – 19
- Cooldown: 20s → 20~13s
- Cooldown: 10s → 8s
- Damage: 24~38 → 28~42
- Deal 5% bonus damage to targets lower than 35% health → Deal 5% bonus damage to champions lower than 35% health
Resolve: Adaptative Carapace
- Resistance Bonus: 12 Armor // 12 Magic resistance → 16 Armor // 16 Magic resistance
Resolve: Bone Plating
- Effect: Blocks damage from 3 attacks after the initial hit → Blocks damage from the triggering attack and 2 more attacks
Adjustments to smite, challenger smite, and chilling smite
- Active: Deal 600 true damage to a large or epic monster or minion and restore 70 (+10% total Health) health. Upgrade to Chilling Smite after 3 uses.
Passive – Jungle Expertise:
- 20% Gold / XP from jungle monsters but temporarily earn 60% less Gold / XP from minions
- 15% damage and 15% additional ability damage to jungle monsters
- Restore 40 health over 5 seconds while fighting jungle monsters
- Restore 4 mana every second while in the jungle or river
- Against monsters or minions: Deal 800 true damage and restore 70 (+10% total Health) health.
- Against champions: Deal 38-184 true damage and steal 25% of their Movement Speed for 2 seconds.
Passive – Jungle Expertise: Same as Smite passive
[New] Jungle conservation
Smite & chilling smite now grant their user the Conservation Buff:
- Every 5 seconds, the player gains 12 or 6 stacks toward their Conservation buff. The number of stacks earned is based on the gold income of the player and the player’s team.
- If the player’s team gold is lower than the enemy team’s gold by 10% or more and if the player’s gold income is lower than their allies by 5% or more, gain 12 stacks per 5 seconds.
- In any other state, gain 6 stacks per 5 seconds.
When you kill a large monster or epic Monster, you will consume all current stacks of the Conversation Buff, granting you 1 gold per stack (Max 150 Charges).
Jungle camp leashing
Attack range adjustments:
- Crimson Raptor: 3 → 1
- Gromp: 1.8 → 0.9
- Blue Sentinel: 1.8 → 0.9
- Red Brambleback: 2.2 → 1.5
Jungle monster camps
- Non-epic jungle camp level cap: 10 → 12
- Camps begin to level up every 60s after the first 30s of a game
- Non-epic monster camps Armor and magic resist reduced to 0
- Non-epic jungle monster health
- Red Brambleback: 2500 Health + 140 Health per level → 2200 Health + 180 Health per level
- Evolved Red Brambleback: 3400 Health + 150 Health per level → 3000 Health + 200 Health per level
- Blue Sentinel: 2500 Health + 140 Health per level → 2200 Health + 180 Health per level
- Evolved Blue Sentinel: 3400 Health + 150 Health per level → 3000 Health + 200 Health per level
- Murk Wolf: 550 Health + 38 Health per level → 450 Health + 50 Health per level
- Greater Murk Wolf: 1800 Health + 30 Health per level → 1600 Health + 100 Health per level
- Krug: 500 Health + 50 Health per level → 450 Health + 50 Health
- Ancient Krug: 1200 Health + 60 Health per level → 1100 Health + 90 Health per level
- Raptors: 550 Health + 35 Health per level → 450 Health + 50 Health per level
- Crimson Raptor: 1500 Health + 20 Health per level → 1500 Health + 100 Health per level
- Gromp: 2000 Health + 100 Health per level → 1800 Health + 145 Health per level
- Rift Scuttler: 1850 Health + 100 Health per level → 1700 Health + 110 Health per level
- Non-epic jungle camp respawn cooldown 105s → 110s
- Murk Wolf Camp
- Krug Camp
- Raptor Camp
- Gromp Camps
- Non-epic jungle monster gold changes
- Red Brambleback: 130 Gold → 100 Gold + 3 Gold per level
- Evolved Red Brambleback: 180 Gold → 135 Gold + 4 Gold per level
- Blue Sentinel: 130 Gold → 100 Gold + 3 Gold per level
- Evolved Blue Sentinel: 180 Gold → 135 Gold + 4 Gold per level
- Murk Wolf: 20 Gold → 20 Gold + 1 Gold per level
- Greater Murk Wolf: 90 Gold → 65 Gold + 1 Gold per level
- Krug: 20 Gold → 22 Gold + 1 Gold per level
- Ancient Krug: 60 Gold → 45 Gold + 1 Gold per level
- Raptors: 25 Gold → 20 Gold + 1 Gold per level
- Crimson Raptor: 60 Gold → 45 Gold + 1 Gold per level
- Gromp: 130 Gold → 100 Gold + 4 Gold per level
- Rift Scuttler: 100 Gold → 85 Gold + 3 Gold per level
- Jungle monster XP Changes
- Red Brambleback: 2000 XP → 1800 XP + 72 XP per level
- Evolved Red Brambleback: 2800 XP → 2240 XP + 90 XP per level
- Blue Sentinel: 2000 XP → 1800 XP + 72 XP per level
- Evolved Blue Sentinel: 2800 XP → 2240 XP + 90 XP per level
- Murk Wolf: 500 XP → 450 XP + 18 XP per level
- Greater Murk Wolf: 1000 XP → 800 XP + 32 XP per level
- Krug: 250 XP → 340 XP + 14 XP per level
- Ancient Krug: 750 XP → 700 XP + 28 XP per level
- Raptors: 333 XP → 300 XP + 12 XP per level
- Crimson Raptor: 1000 XP → 800 XP + 32 XP per level
- Gromp: 2000 XP → 1800 XP + 72 XP per level
- Rift Scuttler: 1200 XP → 1000 XP + 40 XP per level
- Jungle Monster Attack Range Changes
- Red Brambleback: 2.2 Range → 1.5 Range
- Evolved Red Brambleback: 2.2 Range → 1.5 Range
- Blue Sentinel: 1.8 Range → 0.9 Range
- Evolved Blue Sentinel: 1.8 Range → 0.9 Range
- Crimson Raptor: 3 Range → 1 Range
- Gromp: 1.8 Range → 0.9 Range
- Krug Camp
- Krugs no longer split to mini Krugs
[New] Shareable Red Brambleback and Blue Sentinel
- Red Bramblebacks & Blue Sentinels that spawn after 7 minutes will drop a second Crest of Cinders/Insight for allies.
- This shared buff will only drop if the Jungler clears the camp.
- The second Crest will stay on the ground for 45 seconds before disappearing.
- Any ally except the Jungler can pick up the shared buff by sitting in range for 2.5 seconds.
- A second Crest will not drop if the enemy team slays your Red Brambleback or Blue Sentinel.
- Evolved Crest of Cinders & Crest of Insight:
- Total summoning animation duration: 7.6s → 4s
- Headbutt against Turrets dash cast time: 2.5s → 1.75s
- Maximum bounty a player can accrue: Uncapped → 1300 Gold
- Maximum bounty gold payment for one shutdown: Uncapped →1000 Gold
- Bounty that are not fully dropped in the first shutdown will be added to the next shutdown
Champion takedown experience
- Experience catch up activation time: 30s → 3 min
- Experience granted for champion takedown: