League of Legends Patch 10.16 is officially on its way, and this one is a doozy. The pro play playoffs are on the horizon, and Riot is shaking up the competitive meta in preparation for the annual mega-sized Worlds update next month.
Oh boy, where do we start? Riot is pulling out all stops this cycle, though dev Mark Yetter has confirmed most tweaks will be “small ones.” The aim, he continued, is to “diversify the playoffs meta” before the run-in to Worlds 2020.
“These Patch 10.16 changes aren’t 100% final [for live release], but getting close,” Yetter added in a Twitter post on July 28. “We have a good meta, so a lot of small changes is our approach, to hopefully diversify without destroying it.”
League Patch 10.16 nerfs
Right off the bat, there’s a hefty chunk of competitive champions coming under the hammer this fortnight. Syndra, Volibear, Ashe, Sett, and Karthus — who just got a mini-rework in Patch 10.14 — are all being nerfed in League Patch 10.16.
Nocturne, Kha’zix, Karma, Bard, and Nautilus, all of which have popped up in pro play at one time for another recently, are also being targeted. The Eternal Nightmare’s nerfs will only be focused on his mid lane pick, however.
League Patch 10.16 buffs
League Patch 10.16 boasts even more planned buffs than nerfs too, if you can believe it. The main champions getting a little lift will be Yasuo, Fiora, Akali, Neeko, Tristana, and early Season 10 must-pick ADC Miss Fortune.
Ziggs, Veigar, Jax, Hecarim, Lucian, Morgana, and Rakan will all also be buffed. Finally, jungle assassin Evelynn will have her “lane flex” potential upped in the big August update. The Agony’s Embrace could become a viable mid lane pick after the buffs.
Yone release date
League Patch 10.16 not big enough for you, even with all these balance changes on the way in the August 4 update? Good, cause we’ve also got Yasuo’s formerly-dead brother Yone on the way, after he was formally revealed last week.
Following the release of new Jungler Lillia in Patch 10.15, Yone has now been confirmed by Riot as the second champion who will join the League of Legends roster during the ongoing Summer Blossom event.
League players can expect Yone to arrive on live servers alongside the patch update. If not, he will arrive one day later on August 5. Here’s everything we know about the resurrected swordsman, including his abilities and more.
Sorcery rune Nimbus Cloak will also be getting looked at for small nerfs in LoL Patch 10.16, Yetter confirmed. The “Artefact” pick currently gives ghosting and 15-35% movement speed after casting a summoner spell, for 2.5 seconds.
League of Legends Patch 10.16 will be released alongside the usual Teamfight Tactics update on Tuesday, August 4. You can find the full preview below.
League of Legends Patch 10.16 preview notes
- E damage type physical → magical.
- Q attack speed 20-60 → 20-40%.
- Base HP 575 → 560; W full power heal 70-230 → 55-215.
- Q cooldown 8 → 4s; [Removed] Q refunds 50% of its cooldown when it hits a monster.
- Q cooldown 16-8 → 13-6s; Q refund on hitting an enemy 60% → 50%.
- E movement speed 25-75% → 25-100% over 3 seconds.
- E cooldown 16-8 → 14-8.
- Q mana cost 50-70 → 65; Q cooldown 7-5 → 9-7s.
- Q ability power ratio 35 → 30%.
- Q isolation bonus damage 120% → 110% total attack damage.
- Q damage 85-225 → 95-235; R shots 20-30 → 24-36.
- Base attack damage 50 → 52.
- Q cooldown 11 → 10s.
- W shield base 60-100 → 45-85.
- Q initial damage 70-250 → 80-260; Q bloom damage 35-115 → 45-125.
- Passive cooldown 10 → 14; Passive basic attacks against monsters and champs refund 2 → 3s.
- R movement speed 50 → 75%.
- W damage 80-180 → 80-160; E damage 50-170 → 50-130.
- Q mana cost 15 → 10; Q total attack damage ratio 0.15 → 0.20.
- Q damage 70-230 → 70-210.
- [NEW] E damage is increased by 1% per 2% crit chance.
- Base magic resist 30 → 32.
- Q movement speed 15-35 → 10-26%.
- Base magic resist 30 → 32; R bonus attack damage ratio 150 → 175%.
- Passive ability power ratio 30-50 → 50%; Passive damage to towers 200 → 250%.
- Movement speed 15-35% → 10-30% (based on Summoner Spell cooldown).