The League of Legends 10.21 patch notes has arrived, and we’ve got all the details, balance changes, and more for LoL fans to dig through ahead of the new October 14 update.
This time around, it’s spooky season! The Halloween season brings with it new “Bewitching” skins, as well as a new set of “Odyssey” variants to join the space-faring collection.
Ominous buffs have also been delivered to high-skill cap marksman Aphelios, while Graves and Nidalee are paying the price for their huge dominance at Worlds 2020. Here are all the details on League of Legends patch 10.21.
Graves, Nidalee pay price for Worlds dominance
Deadly jungle duo Graves and Nidalee are on the chopping block in patch 10.21, after the duo have run riot at Worlds 2020.
Nidalee, the Bestial Huntress, has had a 92% presence at the year-end tournament group stage so far. Nine of her fifteen games have been wins, and the jungle pick has averaged a huge 4.6 KDA. Graves comes close too with a 90% presence.
Their domination in Shanghai, which has warped the meta around the jungle role, won’t live for much longer in solo queue. All three will be nerfed in the next patch, Yetter revealed in his fortnightly LoL update.
Camille and Pantheon support are two more carry picks that have had a solid spin at Worlds so far. The pair have been played in nearly half the group stage games so far, with a ‘modest’ 75% win rate showing their potential.
Finally, new Season 10 bot lane champion Samira will be nerfed again too.
Aphelios, back from the dead
It seems to fit ‘spooky season’ well that Aphelios, the bane of many ADC’s existences in the bot lane, could rise from the dead in League of Legends patch 10.21.
The Weapon of the Faithful will be getting multiple buffs. His lethality passive, ultimate mark damage, and “Gravitum” root are all getting minor boosts this update.
He will be joined by fellow AD carry Corki, as well as Karma, Udyr, and Trundle.
- Read more: How to watch LoL Worlds 2020 Playoffs
High skill-cap jungler Lee Sin is also in line for boosts. He, alongside Udyr and Trundle, should spike back into LoL’s jungle meta with their Oct. 14 stat increases.
Patch 10.21 debuts new Halloween, Odyssey skins
League of Legends patch 10.21 is actually bringing two new sets of skins to the game. One is based around Halloween, and one is even more futuristic Odyssey cosmetics.
Fizz will be getting a “Little Devil” skin, similar to Teemo’s 2016 cosmetics. Amumu will be handed a “Pumpkin Prince” variant, and Elise will become the next League champ to get a “Bewitching” skin alongside Miss Fortune, Morgana, and more.
All three new Halloween skins will be available for 1350RP next patch.
Five champions will also be getting new Odyssey skins in patch 10.21.
This includes Kha’zix, Aatrox, Sivir, Twisted Fate, and Karma. The five cosmetics will be added to LoL’s already popular futuristic skin line during the Oct. 15 update.
The final new skin set to be added in patch 10.21 is a new ultra-rare Hextech skin. Kassadin will be given the new blue-steel cosmetic, which can be unlocked for rare Purple Gemstones in the League of Legends loot store at any time after release.
Here’s the full League patch 10.21 notes, courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends Patch 10.21 patch notes
Passive -The Hitman and The Seer
- Lethality 2/4/6/8/10/12 ⇒ 3/6/9/12/15/18
R – Moonlight Vigil
Calibrum Additional Mark Damage: 20/45/70 ⇒ 40/70/100
Severum Heal: 200/300/400 ⇒ 250/375/500
Gravitum Root Duration: Targets marked by Moonlight Vigil are rooted for 1 second ⇒ Targets marked by Moonlight Vigil are rooted for 1.25 seconds
Infernum Splash Damage Ration: 75% of initial damage ⇒ 85% of initial damage
Crescendum additional Chakrams returned 3 ⇒ 4
E – Hookshot
- Bonus Attack Speed 40/50/60/70/80% ⇒ 40/45/50/55/60%
Q – Phosphorus Bomb
- Bonus Damage Ratio: 0.5 attack damage ⇒ 0.7 attack damage
E – Quickdraw
- Bonus Armor: 8/11/14/17/20 ⇒ 6/9/12/15/18
E – Devastating Charge
- Base Damage: 45/75/105/135/165 (90/150/210/270/330) ⇒ 35/65/95/125/155 (70/130/190/250/310)
Passive – Gathering Fire
Mantra Cooldown Refund for Abilities: 2/3/4 (levels 1/7/13) ⇒ 2/3.5/5 (levels 1/6/11)
Mantra Cooldown Refund for Basic Attacks: 1/1.5/2 (levels 1/7/13) ⇒ 1 (at all ranks)
R – Mantra
- Cooldown: 45/42/39/36 seconds ⇒ 40/38/36/34 seconds
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.2 ⇒ 3.7
- Attack Damage: 61 ⇒ 58
Q – Comet Spear
- Damage: 75/110/145/180/215 (+1.0 bonus attack damage) ⇒ 70/100/130/160/190 (+1.15 bonus attack damage)
- Critical Damage: 155/235/315/395/475 (+2.0 bonus attack damage) ⇒ 155/230/305/380/455 (+2.3 bonus attack damage)
- Mortal Will Bonus Damage Ratio: 1.0 attack damage ⇒ 1.15 attack damage
E – Wild Rush
- Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds ⇒ 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
- Attack Speed: 30/35/40/45/50% ⇒ 20/25/30/35/40%
Passive – King’s Tribute
- Heal from Nearby Enemy Death: 2/3/4/5/6% (levels 1/5/9/12/15) ⇒ 2-7% (levels 1-18)
W – Frozen Domain
- Cooldown: 15 seconds at all ranks ⇒ 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
R – Phoenix Stance
- Aura Total Damage: 40/80/120/160/200/240 over 4 seconds ⇒ 50/100/150/200/250/300 over 4 seconds
Nimbus Cloak (Sorcery)
- Bonus Movement Speed: 10/20/30% ⇒ 5/20/35%
- Movement Buff Duration: 2.5 seconds ⇒ 2 seconds
ARAM Balance Changes
- Bard: +15% damage dealt & -15% damage taken ⇒ +15% damage dealt & -20% damage taken
- Camille: +6% damage dealt & -6% damage taken ⇒ +6% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- Katarina: +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- Nocturne: +10% damage dealt & -10% damage taken ⇒ +10% damage dealt & -15% damage taken
- Rek’Sai: +12% damage dealt & -12% damage taken ⇒ +12% damage dealt & -15% damage taken
- Samira: Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- Tahm Kench: -5% damage taken ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- Vi: +5% damage dealt ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- Volibear: Normal ⇒ -5% damage taken
- Yorick: -5% damage dealt ⇒ -3% damage dealt
- Ezreal: Normal ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- Jinx: -5% damage dealt ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- Nidalee: +12% damage dealt ⇒ +10% damage dealt
- Ryze: +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken ⇒ +3% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- Sona: -15% damage dealt, +15% damage taken, -20% healing, & -20% shielding ⇒ -20% damage dealt, +15% damage taken, -20% healing, & -20% shielding
- Vayne: -5% damage taken ⇒ -3% damage taken
URF Balance Changes
- BARD Fixed bug where the URF-specific bonuses to Chime collection and Meep respawning were not applying
- REK’SAI +10% damage dealt & -10% damage taken ⇒ +10% damage dealt & -15% damage taken
- YONE +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken ⇒ +10% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- Akali: +8% damage dealt & -10% damage taken ⇒ +8% damage dealt & -8% damage taken
- Ashe: +8% damage dealt & -5% damage taken ⇒ +5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
- Nunu: +10% damage dealt, -10% damage taken, & +10% healing ⇒ +8% damage dealt, -10% damage taken, & +10% healing
- Pantheon: +10% damage dealt & -10% damage taken ⇒ +8% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- Rammus: +10% damage dealt & -10% damage taken ⇒ +8% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
- Shen: Normal ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- Vi: Normal ⇒ -5% damage dealt
- Volibear: -5% damage dealt ⇒ -5% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
- Yuumi: -20% damage dealt, +10% damage taken -30% healing, & -100% E cooldown ⇒ -20% damage dealt, +20% damage taken -30% healing, & -100% E cooldown
- Zed: -10% damage dealt ⇒ -10% damage dealt & +5% damage taken
Bugfixes / QoL Changes
- League Client: Fixed an issue where the in-game settings menu was not loading if a game had not been played since the previous patch
- League Client: Debug text will no longer appear during promotion ceremonies
- League Client: Fixed an issue where gift notifications would appear even after being acknowledged or dismissed
- League Client: League taskbar icon should now light up when notifications/messages are pending
- League Client: Restoring Default Hotkeys out of game no longer unbinds “Area Is Warded Ping” in the Options Menu
- Changed how emotes are sized to make them more consistent across various resolutions and have fixed positions relative to the health bar
- Added an option in the in-game settings to change the size of emotes to “Normal” or “Small”, so players can choose how they appear
- Added an “incoming health” UX addition to health bars, so players can see how much health they will receive from delayed health recovery sources like Redemption’s active, ARAM healing packs, and Vladimir’s R – Hemoplague
- Fixed an issue where Mac players would see unusual fullscreen brightness when certain champions would appear on screen
- Fixed a bug where Amumu would not apply Passive – Cursed Touch through AoE damage abilities
- Corrected Nami’s W – Ebb and Flow‘s AP ratio in the tooltip from 1.5 AP to 0.5 AP
- PsyOps Sona now correctly plays her transformation animation even when moving while leveling up R – Crescendo
- Added a yellow ring under targets affected by Zed’s Passive – Contempt for the Weak to match similar passive indicators on Jarvan, Ekko, and Shaco.