Barn Finds are a staple of the Horizon franchise, and things are no different in Forza Horizon 5. Here is everything you need to know about these tucked-away car rewards and their locations.
The open-world of Forza Horizon 5 is incredibly vast, and tucked away in hidden areas of the game’s world are Barn Finds, hiding a wealth of vintage cars to discover and restore.
While the exact methods to unlock these Barn Find cars mostly comes down to random chance, our locations guide will show you just where you can get your hands on them.
- What are Barn Finds?
- Barn Finds locations in Forza Horizon 5
- How to use Barn Finds cars in Forza Horizon 5
- Forza Horizon 5 Barn Finds car list
- How to get Barn Find rumors
- How to gift free cars in Forza Horizon 5 Barn Finds
Just like in real life, a Barn Find means stumbling onto a classic where you least expect it. In Forza Horizon 5, these events allow you to find retro vehicles that have been stuffed away in storage for an undetermined amount of time.
Traveling to these places allows you to add the car you find to your inventory, serving as a collectible reward for your exploration of the map.
Finding the game’s Barn Find locations can be tricky, but here’s the general process you should follow:
- Once you’ve unlocked a rumor, locate the Barn Find icon on the map.
- Enter a vehicle and drive to the location.
- Once you’ve arrived, a circle will appear.
- Use your minimap to search around the vicinity to locate the car’s location.
- Drive up to the barn and a cutscene will trigger, showing you the vintage vehicle before it’s taken off to be fixed up.
It’s worth noting that, while you’ll unlock the vintage vehicle right away after triggering the cutscene, you won’t actually be able to use it straight away until it’s been fixed up. You are able to pay to mitigate this process, but you’ll need to have a decent stockpile of credits to do so.
Below is a map of all the known locations a Barn Find can be located at in Forza Horizon 5:
As mentioned before, you won’t be able to immediately use the vehicles once you stumble upon them as Barn Finds. This makes sense because when you first discover these cars, there are often in quite a battered state.
However, after a certain amount of time has passed , you will be prompted with a message informing you that the car is ready to use. Simple go the one of the unlocked homes on your mini-map and choose the Barn Finds option to reveal the unlocked cars.
If you wish to expedite this process though, you can pay using in-game credits.
|Barn Finds cars and locations|
|#1||1968 Renault 4L Export|
|#2||1973 BMW Turbo 2002|
|#3||1968 Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Flashback|
|#4||1962 Ferrari 250 GTO|
|#5||1967 Ford Racing Escort MK1|
|#6||1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS|
|#7||1956 Ford F-100|
|#8||1953 Chevrolet Corvette|
|#9||1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck|
|#10||1968 Dodge Dart Hemi Super Stock|
|#11||1991 Jaguar Sport XJR-15|
|#12||1970 GMC Jimmy|
|#13||1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR|
|#14||1959 Ferrari F40 Competizione|
While it seems like many of the Barn Find rumors themselves are unlocked randomly as you progress through the game, there are a few that need to be triggered through certain prerequisites:
- #1 – 1968 Renault 4L Export: Unlocking this vintage car requires you to complete the Baha Expedition. Once you’ve done this, purchase the La Cabaña house, and you’ll unlock this Barn Find rumor.
- #5 – 1967 Ford Racing Escort MK1: To unlock the rumor for this particular Barn Find, you’ll also need to reach the Baha Expedition, where you’ll be spending time around the map’s volcanic area. Here, you’ll get an Optional Accolade to ‘collect a sample from the hot spring lake’. Completing this to unlock the rumor is as simple as driving right through the body of water itself.
- #11 – 1991 Jaguar Sport XJR-15: This rumor will become available on your map during the Jungle Expedition, providing you complete the Optional Accolade to ‘Discover the lost Barn Find notes’.
- #12 – 1970 GMC Jimmy: You’ll be able to unlock this during the Tulum Expedition: part of the Horizon Apex Festival. During this, complete the Optional Accolade which tasks you with reaching the top of the central ruin. Upon doing so, the new rumor will unlock.
With Forza Horizon 5, a new gifting system has been introduced if you wish to give unwanted cars away for free. You are now able to simple place cars in barns and make them available to specific player types.
If you’re feeling generous and you wish to gift a car, you just need to have completed one Barn Find. Then, visit that barn, and you’ll have the option to place a gift in it — you can even include a short message to the recipient.
Subsequently, you can also receive free cars this way. Simply visit a barn than you’ve previously discovered and see what treasure awaits inside.
So, there you have it – everything you need to know about Barn Finds in Forza Horizon 5.
Make sure to check out our other tips and tricks for all the latest guides to help you throughout Mexico:
Cars list: All manufacturers and models | Fastest cars | Is Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Game Pass? | How to get free cars | How to buy and sell cars | How to make money fast | Is Forza Horizon 5 cross-platform?