Fortnite

Lazarbeam reveals why he’s been struggling to play Fortnite in Chapter 2

Published: 13/Jan/2020 4:37

by Isaac McIntyre

Share


YouTuber Lannan ‘Lazarbeam’ Eacott has long been a big supporter of Fortnite – he even has ‘code lazar’ tattooed on his arm – but the Australian star says he believes “until there’s new content,” the battle royale is all but dead.

Lazarbeam first built his YouTube following by playing Fortnite, and doubled-down on his following alongside Epic’s battle royale with memes about the game, all of which netted him more than 12 million subscribers.

So, of course, much of his fandom has been left a bit confused as the Aussie star uploaded video after video of meme reviews, monthly updates, and ClickCrew skit videos — all with not a single Fortnite gameplay video in sight.

YouTube: LazarbeamThe Aussie YouTube star first made his name playing Epic’s popular battle royale.

Now, the YouTuber has come clean with his fans about why he hasn’t been playing the battle royale. According to Eacott, who touched on the subject on January 12, a lack of content has left him disappointed with the game’s second chapter.

“People have been asking me about Fortnite… there is absolutely no content in that game, it doesn’t exist,” Lazarbeam admitted, and added that he hoped his thoughts on the dearth of “excitement” didn’t garner him the attention of Tyler ‘Ninja’ Blevins.

“I would love to make Fortnite videos, but there is straight-up nothing. I was trying to film a video the other day and I caught myself thinking ‘Damn, this would have been good, if there were launch-pads in the game’.”

Tennis Australia

For Lazarbeam, a lack of flowing content is the main reason he feels like Fortnite fans are “attending its funeral,” and admitted there’s only so many times you can drop into the title’s default modes before it gets stale for players and fans alike.

According to the Aussie YouTuber, the best way for Epic to fix this issue would be to bring more “cool items” into the game. As well as making it “a lot more fun for casual players,” interesting items can keep the title fresh for content creators.

“Cool items make such a huge difference, they allow you to expand your content, but if they never add anything how can you think outside the box?” he said.

“There’s only so far you can stretch it. I still love Fortnite, obviously, I have ‘code lazar’ tattooed on me, but I can’t really do much until there’s content in that game. I want some variety. I want to mix it up. I need something Fortnite.”

For mobile readers, the related segment in the video below begins at 1:24.

Lazarbeam’s wish may be on the horizon, if Epic founder Tim Sweeney’s recent teasers about “more powerful” Fortnite Creative tools are to be believed.

According to the company’s founder and chief executive Sweeney, there’s plenty more to come on the horizon “in the next twelve months,” starting with the introduction of “more powerful” Creative tools to kick-start a new era.

“We’re going to see a future world of games, where users are the primary creators of content,” he explained, and admitted the improved and accelerated social features arriving in the Fortnite Creative mode were also to meet that end.

Epic Games
Epic Games
Tim Sweeney has teased “powerful” new creative tools coming to Fortnite in the near future.

For now, Lazarbeam fans might have to wait a while before seeing their favorite YouTuber back in the game. Right now, he’s celebrating the ClickCrew’s charity drive for the Australian Bushfires, which saw them raise more than $300,000.

And just because the Aussie star has shelved Fortnite, and his need for his ‘code lazar’ tattoo, right now, doesn’t mean he won’t eventually return. Maybe Chapter 2’s fast-approaching second season will even lure him back in.

Entertainment

LS reveals how xQc reached out to him during T1 fans backlash

Published: 1/Dec/2020 19:57

by Alex Garton

Share


Nick ‘LS’ De Cesare has revealed that Felix ‘xQc’ Lengyel reached out to him during the T1 backlash offering his support and advice.

T1’s accidental leak that revealed LS was set to be the organization’s new League of Legends coach resulted in a wave of backlash against both parties.

Fans of the organization opted to send unjustifiable racial and homophobic abuse towards LS, as well as doxxing his grandmother and sending packages to her address. T1, from an outside perspective, did not handle the situation appropriately and seemingly offered little support to LS during this period.

This resulted in LS disabling his Twitter and going completely dark for a short period of time. This was no doubt due to the amount of hate and criticism he was receiving from T1 fans. One person who reached to support him was huge Twitch personality xQc.

xQc
xQc has over four million followers on Twitch.

xQc reached out to LS during T1 fans backlash

LS revealed on stream that the Twitch personality reached out to him in support. “Before I disabled my Twitter and went dark on everything, xQc was one of the very few people who reached out to me,” he said.

It was obvious LS was surprised he had reached out to him due to the streamer’s popularity: “Despite the fact that I’m like an insect compared to him, in terms of like brand and size and everything, it’s very nice.”

LS repeated multiple times that xQc is a “real one”, showing his appreciation for his support and care.

It’s clear that xQc reaching out to LS really meant a lot to him and helped him get through the difficult patch. Sometimes, just reaching out to somebody going through a hard time can make a world of difference.

Now, it’s just great to see LS back on track with the League of Legends content and streaming again.