PewDiePie speaks out on Logan Paul's “going gay” controversy - Dexerto
Entertainment

PewDiePie speaks out on Logan Paul’s “going gay” controversy

Published: 19/Jan/2019 23:30 Updated: 19/Jan/2019 23:35

by Virginia Glaze

Share


YouTube king Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg has spoken out on the controversy surrounding YouTuber Logan Paul, who claimed that he would be “going gay” for the month of March as part of his New Year’s resolution.

PewDiePie addressed the issue during an episode of Pew News on January 17, feeling that those angered by Paul’s statement were misunderstanding his intent.

“I get kinda why people are upset,” Pewds said of the debacle. “Yes, being homosexual is not a choice – but I also think that’s not what he was saying.”

Pewds went on to compare Paul’s statement to such challenges as “No Shave November” and decried the outrage around the incident, which he called a “stupid joke.”

“…I don’t know, man,” PewDiePie continued. “‘Male Only March.’ Was that it? It’s such a stupid joke. Is that really worth getting that upset about?”

Logan Paul responded to the backlash resulting from ‘Male Only March’ on Twitter shortly after the offending episode went live, claiming that he will further discuss the issue on his ‘imPaulsive’ podcast – as soon as he recovers from his recent tonsillectomy.

“Very poor choice of words… my fault,” Paul wrote. “Let’s get together and talk about it on my podcast next week?”

Logan isn’t the only Paul brother in hot water, either; Jake Paul has likewise been at the center of controversy, after uploading a contentious video participating in the ‘Bird Box Challenge,’ where he walked into oncoming traffic – and even drove a vehicle – while blindfolded.

Entertainment

TikTok star Zoe Laverne under fire for allegedly kissing underage fan

Published: 28/Oct/2020 1:28

by Alan Bernal

Share


TikTok star Zoe LaVerne is facing massive backlash after multiple videos surfaced of her allegedly kissing an underage fan. This comes days after leaked Instagram conversations from her ex-boyfriend Cody Orlove and Amber VanPelt raised concerns of “very intense” interactions with an underage influencer.

A video on the ‘Def Noodles’ account featured a short clip showing the two. It was apparently only a short form of a much longer video showing more instances of the same behavior.

According to Def Noodles, LaVerne previously denied allegations of having a relationship with an underage person. This was in direct response to the allegations brought by Orlove’s hacked messages.

The video comes at a sensitive time for LaVerne, who was already getting heat for Orlove’s Instagram messages with VanPelt.

Zoe LaVerne Instagram
Zoe LaVerne once again removed herself from Instagram after the latest allegations.

In them, Orlove’s leaked exchange shows that he “left (LaVerne) because of her interactions with Connor. They got very intense and it’s something I do not stand by whatsoever. It’s p**dophillia.”

Another message, this time from Orlove to LaVerne, shows he cut communication from her. “My lawyers will handle the rest,” he said in reference to the “toxic” breakup between the two TikTok personalities.

LaVerne, who deleted her Instagram in mid-September in response to a separate lip-syncing debacle, once again removed herself from the Facebook-owned social platform.

In a private fandom account known to be run by LaVerne, she gave a message to her fans for her renewed hiatus from Instagram after the videos came out.

zlpfandom0.2 Instagram
An Instagram message from a fan-account known to be run by LaVerne.

“Thank you for everything, really,” the account called ‘zlpfandom0.2’ wrote. “But for right now I don’t think I’ll be back on soial media again. I (still) have a lot to think about. I reall don’t wanna leave you guys but I’m tired of feeling this way. I’m tired of crying and hurting. It’s nothing but negativity to me anymore. I love you so much.”

LaVerne has over 17 million followers on TikTok and nearly 450,000 subscribers on YouTube. She’s been featured in TikToks and videos with other online celebrities ranging from Terin Sottile and ex-boyfriend Zephan Clark.

If the move offline is permanent, it’s not known if LaVerne will publicly respond to the latest videos that are surfacing.