How to get Thermal Katana (Errata) in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0
Introduced in the 2.0 update of Cyberpunk 2077, the Errata Thermal Katana is a slick weapon that not only cuts through opponents but also sets them ablaze. This guide will show you exactly where to find this fiery blade to enhance your combat tactics.
Since the 2.0 update, Cyberpunk 2077 has seen a resurgence, aligning more closely with its original 2020 vision. Among these enhancements is the early accessibility of the Errata Thermal Katana, a weapon that adds an exciting new dimension to melee combat in the game.
The Errata is a Tier 5 weapon or the ‘Iconic’ variant of the normal Katana and is a perfect addition to the arsenal for players who are aiming to Hack and Slash their way through enemies in Night City.
With that said, here’s a guide with everything you need to get the weapon.
How to get the Errata Thermal Katana in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0
Getting the Errata Thermal Katana in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 is fairly simple. Make sure the Disasterpiece job (the fourth main job from Act 2, where Judy and V have to find Evelyn Parker) is either activated or completed. Otherwise, the entrance to the building will be closed.
Once you’ve done that, simply follow the steps we’ve listed below:
- Open the map, and move towards the central-eastern segment.
- Mark the location under the bridge, between the ‘Republic East’ and ‘Longshore South’ fast travel points.
- Once you reach there, enter the building that says ‘Electric Corporation’ in red and white.
- After entering, continue towards the right until you come across ‘Sector-0’ with attached stairs.
- Keep moving down the stairs until you can see a door with a ‘No Entry’ sign. Open it and head right inside.
- Head towards the left of the sign that says ‘Sector-1’ and continue moving straight. You will come across a dark corridor with a door on the right at the very end.
- Continue moving further down and after a couple of dark rooms and doors with neon-pink lights, you will arrive at the room with the Errata.
- However, this room is locked and requires a massive 20 Technical Ability to get it open. You might have to respec your character or grind to get the required ability points.
- Once you’re near the furnace to grab the Katana, a warning saying ‘Enemies have been alerted’ will appear on top.
- Press ‘F’ on your keyboard, ‘X’ on your PlayStation controller, or ‘A’ on your Xbox controller to take the weapon.
Now, you can open your inventory and equip the new Thermal Katana from there.
There is another method to get the Errata but you must have the Phantom Liberty expansion. Players who have the DLC can purchase it from a Black Market vendor called Herold in Dogtown Stadium.
Errata Katana stats in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0
Here are the stats of the Errata in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0:
|Damage per Hit
|Sell Value (Eurodollars)
Being a Thermal Katana, the Errata burns anything it hits and also deals critical damage to enemies who are burning.
For more about the game and Phantom Liberty expansion, be sure to check our other content and guides:
How to defeat Chimera | All Phantom Liberty trophies | Best Cyberpunk 2077 builds for 2.0 update | How to get Thermal Katana | How to play Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty DLC | Can you play Phantom Liberty without owning base game? | Should you finish Cyberpunk 2077 before Phantom Liberty? | Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty PC requirements | Best builds | All Perks | All Relic Skills | Which parts of Phantom Liberty DLC are free? | All new weapons | How to claim Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Witcher rewards | Who is Solomon Reed in Phantom Liberty?