Raven Software has released a brand-new patch for Warzone that addresses a lot of complaints players have had recently, bringing a nerf to the Sykov pistol, a fix for the sniper glint issues, and a change to how the RC-XD can be earned.
While Raven previously promised that some major changes would be coming to Warzone in the very near future, but given how close the Season 3 update was, most assumed they’d have to wait until April 21.
Now, the developers have decided to drop some of those changes beforehand, and although it doesn’t address everything that players have been complaining about, it does change a fair amount.
Warzone April 19 update notable changes
Easily the biggest change with the update is the nerf to the Sykov pistol, which was just added officially on April 15th, 2021. The weapon was an absolute powerhouse due to its full-auto, akimbo, and 80-round magazine attachments, allowing it to dominate the battle royale.
After this new update, however, the hip fire spread with the full-auto attachment will be increased and the movement speed with the akimbo and 80-round drum mag attachments will be reduced. Finally, if players choose to use both the full-auto and akimbo attachments at the same time, they’ll see the overall weapon damage decreased by 25%.
The lack of a scope glint on certain Modern Warfare sniper rifles has also been fixed, while RC-XDs have been removed from the standard buy stations and can now only be purchase from the Containment Monitors.
❗️ To clarify, the 25% damage reduction to the Sykov applies when the Sorokin 140mm Auto and the 80 Round Drums are paired.
There is no damage reduction when using these attachments independently.
— Raven Software (@RavenSoftware) April 19, 2021
Unlike some previous updates that have come to Warzone, this one is a complete patch that you’ll have to download from your respective platform, meaning you’ll want to start the download as soon as possible so that you can jump in quickly. The sizes aren’t too big, only coming in at 2.3GB for PlayStation, 5GB for Xbox, and around 6GB for PC.
Raven’s official patch notes follow:
- The RC-XD has been removed from Buy Stations and is now only available via Containment Monitors.
- Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to equip Armor Plates after activating certain Killstreaks or Field Upgrades.
- The Containment Protocol missiles will no longer land in the Play Area.
- The Containment Protocol missiles have had their sound effects volume reduced.
- Fixed a bug causing Loadout Drops to block movement and projectiles after the crate collapses.
- King Slayer Trios – The Gas Circle will no longer move completely outside of the Play Area.
- The Swatt Master Blueprint now correctly displays the Electric Dismemberment icon.
- Fixed a bug with the Modern Warfare Sniper Scope and Variable Zoom Scope where they were not displaying glint.
- Fixed a bug with Modern Warfare weapon perks where they were not having their intended effects.
- Fixed a bug with the Bullseye Reticle where it would sometimes cause frame rate issues or the disappearance of UI elements.
- Sorokin 140mm Auto (Sykov)
- Hip spread increased
- Akimbo (Sykov)
- Movement speed reduced by 5%
- 80 Round Drums (Sykov)
- Movement speed reduced by 5%
- ADS movement speed reduced by 7%
- When equipping the Sykov with the Sorokin 140mm Auto and the 80 Round Drums, damage is reduced by 25%.