Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies Season 1 patch notes have been revealed and we’ve got all there is to know. From the new objective and area to the latest covenants and weapons, here’s a complate breakdown of the new Zombies update.
Season 1 of Vanguard Zombies aims to bring some fresh air to the mode as players have started to lose interest.
This content update brings a new objective, Purge, where players can take on this challenge in any Der Anfang arena to earn a new Sacrificial Heart.
Players also will have access to 14 new upgrades across five covenants including Dead Wire, Deadshot, and more. Later on this season, Der Anfang will also get a new area called Von List’s Office.
Below is a full overview of everything there is to know about the latest Zombies update.
CoD Vanguard Season 1 Zombies update: Release date & download size
The CoD Vanguard Season 1 update became available to download on December 6 at 9PM PT. Zombies content is yet to unlock, however, as all Season 1 features go live on December 8 at 9AM PT.
This allows Zombies fans to get in early and have the latest update installed ahead of time.
As soon as December 8 rolls around, everyone will be able to load up the new version of Der Anfang right away.
CoD Vanguard Season 1 Zombies update: New ‘Purge’ objective
When Der Anfang launched, it did so with just a few key objectives to keep things fresh. Now, one more challenge has entered the mix.
Throughout a Purge objective, your goal is to capture Control Runes. Doing so will stop enemies from spawning in. But along your path to these Runes will be Augmentors constantly throwing enemies your way.
As always, clearing a round of Purge will land your team with a Sacrificial Heart to spend on some upgrades.
CoD Vanguard Season 1 Zombies update: 14 new Covenant Upgrades
Speaking of upgrades, Season 1 introduces a staggering 14 new boosts to the Der Anfang experience.
Everything from increased damage based on your movement speed, to an aimbot buff that instantly locks you on target for easy headshots. There’s plenty of variation here to have you forming new builds in Zombies.
Below is an early list of some highlights:
- Brimstone: Deal damage to nearby enemies (Rare/Epic/Legendary Rarity).
- Deadshot: Aiming down sights snaps the crosshairs to headshot location on enemies. Bonus damage on first crit for each enemy. Removes weapon sway (Rare/Epic Rarity).
- Dead Wire: Stuns enemy (Rare/Epic Rarity). Stuns enemy and nearby enemies (Legendary Rarity).
- Scrapper: Gain more Salvage from pickups (Rare/Epic Rarity). Gain more Salvage from pickups and Objective rewards (Legendary Rarity).
- Swift Vengeance: Deal more damage the faster you move. Activates shortly after you start moving. Fire while sprinting (Rare/Epic Rarity). Activates immediately upon moving (Legendary Rarity).
CoD Vanguard Zombies Season 1 roadmap
In the roadmap, we can see that Zombies is getting five new weapons, killstreaks in the Warmachine and Deathmachine, and a revamped Mystery Box that will include launchers.
Also, the Tomb of Rituals is set to come sometime during Season 1 which will make your Artifacts even stronger.
There’s a lot to be excited about, however, there is still no word on the Main Easter Egg Quest and when that will be released but these events could be building up for that to come in a different season.
CoD Vanguard Zombies Season 1: Full patch notes
- Purge the Augmentors from existence by capturing powerful Control Runes throughout the area.
- Augmentors will spawn waves of enemies as a defense mechanism as players attempt to capture the Control Runes.
- Survive the enemy waves and successfully capture all Control Runes within the time limit for a perfect Objective completion and bonus rewards (Max Ammo, Max Armor, and Bonus Points power-ups).
- Fail to capture all Control Runes before the time limit expires, and a huge horde of zombies will spawn that must be taken down to complete the Objective with standard rewards.
Wield five new Covenants with 14 total rarity tiers at the Altar of Covenants.
- Deal damage to nearby enemies (Rare/Epic/Legendary).
- Aiming down sights snaps the crosshairs to headshot location on enemies. Bonus damage on the first critical attack for each enemy. Removes weapon sway (Rare/Epic).
- Dead Wire
- Stuns an enemy (Rare/Epic). Stuns an enemy and nearby enemies (Legendary).
- Gain more Salvage from pickups (Rare/Epic). Gain more Salvage from pickups and Objective rewards (Legendary).
- Swift Vengeance
- Deal more damage the faster you move. Activates shortly after you start moving. Fire while sprinting (Rare/Epic). Activates immediately upon moving (Legendary).
- Season One Weapons
- Once unlocked, players can bring in the all-new Cooper Carbine, Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle, and Sawtooth Melee weapon in their Zombies loadouts at the start of Season One.
- All Launchers will now be available in loadouts and in the Mystery Box in Zombies at the start of Season One.
- Added new Zombies Career Challenges to the Barracks with unique Calling Card and XP bonus rewards.
- Added 20 Zombies Season Challenges to the Barracks with unique Calling Card and XP bonus rewards to earn, including a Season One Master Calling Card for completing all 20 challenges.
- Addressed an issue which prevented players from unlocking the Dark Aether Completionist camo.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Pack-a-Punched Shotguns with 10 Round Drums from reloading all 10 rounds in a single reload animation.
- Addressed an issue that could incorrectly flag un-upgraded weapons as Pack-a-Punch Level 1.
- Closed various exploits including out-of-map exploits.
- Fixed a stability issue related to the Frost Blast Artifact.
- Fixed a stability issue related to multi-kills obtained via Equipment.