Since the Iron Crown update for Apex Legends, data miners have had a field day digging through the updated game files, uncovering all abilities for three unreleased legends: Crypto, Rosie, and Nomad – but who will be added to the game first?
Wattson was the latest character to arrive in Kings Canyon, at the launch of Season 2, succeeding Season 1’s Octane, and so history would suggest a new Legend will arrive for Season 3.
The trailer for Season 2 itself teased a new character that wasn’t Wattson however, showing a hacker who is believed to be Crypto, but developers Respawn have been quiet since.
Who’s the next Legend coming to Kings Canyon?
According to data miner That1MiningGuy, a reputable leaker responsible for finding the legend abilities in the game files, Crypto is by far the most ‘complete’ character.
Combined with the fact he was already teased in the Season 2 trailer, it does seem likely that Crypto is next up, but is it possible Respawn will release two legends for Season 3 in October?
On August 1, lead developer Tina Sanchez posted images from a motion capture session, and it is believed it could indicate that the mo-cap was for Rosie.
The final and most mysterious legend we know the abilities for is Nomad. Like Rosie and Crypto, Nomad was first found in the game files back when Apex Legends launched.
After the Iron Crown update, all of Nomad’s abilities were discovered alongside Rosie and Crypto, meaning his development is progressing along too.
All abilities for Crypto, Rosie and Nomad
Check out everything we know about Crypto here, expected to be the next legend to compete in Kings Canyon.
- Tactical: Aerial Drone – Surveillance camera drone, lasts for 40 seconds, 200 meter range. Can be destroyed. Can hack doors, loot bins and pick up banners with drone.
- Passive: Neuro Link – Crypto and teammates see what surveillance drone detect up to 30 meters away.
- Ultimate: Weapon Drone EMP – Charge up an EMP blast from your drone. Deals shield damage, slows enemies and disables all traps.
Check out everything we know about Rosie here, including her lore and backstory.
- Eye for quality: Loba (Rosie) can see through walls and can open up hidden compartments in loot bins.
- Supply for demand: Hold (button) to choose a type of loot. Reveal that type of loot in the area through walls.
- Burglar’s best friend: Throw a disc and teleport to that location.
- Black Market Boutique: Place a device that can steal all nearby loot.
- Passive: Packmule – “Nomad and his teammates have additional backpack space.”
- Tactical: Loot Compass – “Follow the loot compass to the nearest item.”
- Ultimate: Crafting Table – Place a crafting table down. Scrap salvageable material and purchase items.”
Just because these abilities have been found in the game files, doesn’t mean the characters are finished development just yet. There may still be voice lines to record, animations, and cosmetics to create plus more.
With Season 3 expected to launch in October, it’s expected that at least Crypto will be added, but if Rosie’s development is coming along too, perhaps we will see two added at once for the first time.
Nomad seems to be further off, and it’s unlikely all three will be added at the same time or close to each other, so Nomad could potentially be set for Season 4 or later.