Teamfight Tactics (TFT) Patch 10.14 is here, and there’s some major changes on the way. Star Guardians are being targeted for a mini-rework, and troublesome Battlecast champion Urgot is also being updated to “feel more fair” to play against.
TFT Patch 10.14 is a big one in helping introduce new compositions to the meta. Focusing on major buffs to some undervalued champions, as well as nerfing what’s popular, Riot are trying to shake up what’s possible in the League of Legends-inspired autobattler.
There are two major points to focus on in this update. Star Guardian is getting overhauled, while Urgot is also the target of major changes. That’s only the tip of the iceberg though, with over 20 more champions being altered.
Teamfight Tactics Patch 10.14 Highlights!
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) July 7, 2020
Star Guardian trait nerfed, six champions buffed
Star Guardian is getting an overhaul on Patch 10.14. While the trait overall has been really strong in later stages of the game, the champions associated with it have fallen flat. To fix this, Riot is redistributing power from the trait to the champions themselves.
Zoe, Poppy, Syndra, Neeko, Soraka, and Janna are all getting mana buffs, while Star Guardian’s mana restore is getting nerfed.
On top of these mana changes, Syndra is getting a damage buff, while Neeko’s armor is also being increased.
“Our goal with the Star Guardian changes that we’re testing is to keep the Star Guardian comp at a similar power level, but pull power out of the Trait and put it back into the Champions, so that they can succeed in other compositions,” said Matthew ‘Wittrock’ Wittrock, set designer for TFT.
Urgot changes to “feel more fair”
Urgot is arguably the most infuriating unit to play against in TFT history. His one-shot execute has been deemed “unfair” by players, who loathe every time their carry gets gobbled up by the five-cost Battlecast Protector.
In Patch 10.14, Riot are trying to introduce more counterplay and fairness to Urgot’s play. His ultimate will be easier to counter by positioning correctly, and Guardian Angel will now stop the execute.
Riot is also scaling the time-to-kill from a flat 1.5 seconds to three seconds at one-star down to one second at three-star to make Urgot worth investing in.
New Dwarf Planet galaxy reduces board size
As always, a new Teamfight Tactics patch equals a new galaxy. The Dwarf Planet galaxy will be joining the others on Patch 10.14, and it does basically as described — dwarfs each planet.
Everyone’s boards will shrink when you spawn onto a Dwarf Planet game. The back and front row will be removed, making each player’s board only two rows deep. This is even smaller than Set 1’s boards, which featured a three-row setup.
Players will also be saying farewell to the Littler Legends galaxy, which reduced players’ health at the start of a game. This is the last of the HP-altering galaxies, meaning every galaxy from here on out will have you starting with 100 HP.
On top of the aforementioned changes, a plethora of other balancing measures are being implemented. Ashe, Irelia, Jarvan IV, Jhin, Karma, Mordekaiser, Rakan, Shaco, Xayah, and Yasuo are all being buffed. Cybernetic, Sorcerer, Aurelion Sol, Ezreal, Fizz, Jinx, Riven, Vayne, Vi, and Viktor will be nerfed.
You can find the full TFT Patch 10.14 notes , courtesy of Riot Games.
TFT Patch 10.14 notes
Tier 1 Champions
- Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 55
- Mana: 50/100 ⇒ 40/80
- Ageless Standard Attack Speed Bonus: 0.65/0.75/0.85 ⇒ 0.75/0.85/0.95
- Xayah Attack Speed: 0.8 ⇒ 0.9
Tier 2 Champions
- Health: 650 ⇒ 700
Indestructible Damage: 50/75/125 ⇒ 75/100/200
- Health: 600 ⇒ 700
- Total Mana: 90 ⇒ 80
Tier 3 Champions
- Health: 600 ⇒ 650
- Attack Speed: 0.8 ⇒ 0.85
- Enchanted Crystal Arrow Damage: 200/275/550 ⇒ 200/300/600
- Enchanted Crystal Arrow Stun Duration: 2/2/2 ⇒ 2/3/4 seconds
- Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 50
- Starting Mana: 50 ⇒ 30
- Inspire Shield: 250/400/800 ⇒ 300/450/900
- Attack Speed Boost: 50/75/125% ⇒ 70/90/150%
- Health: 800 ⇒ 850
- Armor: 45 ⇒ 50
- Total Mana: 80 ⇒ 70
- Unleashed Power Damage (per orb): 100/125/200 ⇒ 100/140/220
- Health: 550 ⇒ 500
- Vayne Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 50
- Assault and Battery Damage: 400/600/1200 ⇒ 350/550/1100
Tier 4 Champions
- Chum the Waters Damage: 450/600/5000 ⇒ 400/550/4000
- Health: 800 ⇒ 900
- Attack Damage: 70 ⇒ 85
- Armor: 35 ⇒ 50
- Magic Resist: 20 ⇒ 40
- Bladesurge Damage: 175/250/500% ⇒ 225/250/500%
- Attack Damage: 80 ⇒ 85
- Attack Speed: 0.85/0.9/1.1 ⇒ 0.9/0.95/1.2
- 4th Shot Damage: 244/344/4444% ⇒ 350/500/4444%
- Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Shield: 225/375/1000 ⇒ 200/350/1000
- Death Ray damage (Second Part): 250/400/1500 ⇒ 200/325/1500
Tier 5 Champions
- Mana Drain: 15/25/50 ⇒ 10/15/50
Mobilize the Fleet Damage: 110/150/1000 ⇒ 90/150/1000
- Attack Speed Bonus: 100/150/500 ⇒ 80/125/500%
- Armor: 30 ⇒ 40
- Magic Resist: 20 ⇒ 40
- Attack Range: 660 ⇒ 420
- Starting/Total Mana: 40/90 ⇒ 50/100
- Fear Beyond Death Targeting: Farthest within Attack Range ⇒ Farthest
- Fear Beyond Death now hits the first enemy it collides with instead of always hitting its intended target.
- Damage is now preventable (a unit with Guardian Angel will revive).
- Mana Reduction per cast: 10/20/90 ⇒ 20/30/100
- Time to reel the enemy in now scales with Star Level.
- Reel Duration: 1.5 sec ⇒ 3/2/1 second(s)
- Healing: 15/40/99% ⇒ 20/45/150%
- Bonus Health and Attack Damage: 350&40/600&75 ⇒ 300&35/550&70
- Spell Power: 20/45/75 ⇒ 20/40/70
- Mana share: 25/40/55 ⇒ 15/25/45
- Poppy Starting/Total Mana: 60/100 ⇒ 50/90
- Zoe Starting/Total Mana: 70/100 ⇒ 40/80
- Neeko Starting/Total Mana: 75/150 ⇒ 25/100
- Syndra Starting/Total Mana: 0/60 ⇒ 0/40
- Soraka Starting/Total Mana: 50/125 ⇒ 50/120
- Janna Starting/Total Mana: 50/130 ⇒ 30/100
- Blue Box: Neeko ⇒ Neeko + 2 Coins
- Gold Box: Neeko + 3 Coins ⇒ Neeko + 5 Coins
Your final position in the standings will now be determined once all combat has ended, instead of immediately upon taking lethal damage. Lethal damage will now take players into negative health. Players who are eliminated in the same round will finish in order of:
- Least negative health total.
- If negative health is tied, most health in the round prior to elimination.
- In the unlikely event that both of the previous measures are tied (!), the final standings for those tied players will be determined randomly.
- New Galaxy: Dwarf Planet – The first and last row of every board is disabled.
- Removed Galaxy: Little Little Legends.
- Magic Resist shred: 50% ⇒ 40%
- Ekko’s slow is now displayed as a percentage instead of a decimal on his Tooltip.
- Champions pulled in by Thresh’s Temporal Passage can no longer be used to star-up other units
- Vayne’s bonus damage attacks during Final Hour can now properly proc Blademaster
- Lulu Polymorphed units will no longer hop around while Stunned
- Fixed an issue where Shaco could occasionally not receive Dark Star stacks if Stealthed when an ally would die
- Aurelion Sol can no longer cast while being reeled in by Urgot
- Buy XP and Shop buttons now animate when you zoom in and out!.