TFT Patch 10.14 is live on the PBE, and there’s some major changes coming. Star Guardian is getting an overhaul, while pesky Urgot will also be facing Riot’s wrath in the next autobattler update.
TFT Patch 10.13 is in the rearview mirror, with all eyes looking forward to what the next update will bring.
After Battlecast was buffed in the first patch since the Mid-Set update, the trait’s strongest champion — Urgot — will be getting a much-needed change in Patch 10.14. Also on the hit list is Star Guardian, specifically how much power is invested into the trait itself.
That’s on top of over a dozen smaller balance changes to keep others in check while Riot tries to patch up some of the more pressing issues.
Star Guardian power shifting from trait to champions
Star Guardians have been a popular composition to run since the release of TFT Galaxies, but individually, some of the champions have fallen flat. Outside of the likes of Janna, who can thrive individually, the rest don’t really have a place unless you go all in on the trait.
That’s changing in Patch 10.14, as Riot redistributes the trait’s power towards the champions instead.
Zoe, Poppy, Syndra, Neeko, Soraka, and Janna are all getting mana buffs, while Star Guardian’s overall mana restore is going down. Syndra is also getting a small damage buff to power her up even more.
“Our goal with the Star Guardian changes that we’re testing is to keep the Star Guardian comp at a similar power level, but pull power out of the Trait and put it back into the Champions, so that they can succeed in other compositions,” said Matthew ‘Wittrock’ Wittrock, set designer for TFT.
Urgot changes target champion’s “fairness”
Urgot is one of Set 3’s most controversial champions. Since being added in the Mid-Set update, players have loathed to play against the five-cost Battlecast Protector because of his one-shot ultimate.
However, in Patch 10.14, Riot are trying to make him “feel more fair” to play against. While they believe his balance is in a good spot, they are changing some of his mechanics to introduce a bit more counterplay.
Guardian Angel will now stop his execute, leaving the champion targeted to die on the spot and revive. His ultimate will now also target the farthest unit away from Urgot, but will no longer pass through enemies, giving players a chance to position allies to protect their carries.
- Read more: TFT Galaxies Battle Pass II details
Riot are also making it worthwhile investing into Urgot beyond one-star by scaling the time to kill from 1.5 seconds flat to three seconds at one-star, to one second at three-star.
TFT Patch 10.14 preview notes
- Health increased from 600 to 650
- Attack speed increased from 0.8 to 0.85
- Spell power increased from 200/275/550 to 200/300/600
- Stun duration changed from 2/2/2 to 2/3/4
- Mana drained lowered from 15/25/50 to 10/15/50
- Damage changed from 110/150/750 to 90/150/1000
- AD reduced from 60 to 50
- Mana changed from 50/80 to 30/80
- Damage lowered from 450/600/5000 to 400/550/4000
- Health increased from 800 to 900
- AD increased from 70 to 85
- Armor increased from 35 to 50
- Magic resist increased from 20 to 40
- Spell AD increased from 175/250/500% to 225/250/500%
- Mana changed from 50/130 to 50/120
- Attack speed bonus reduced from 100/150/500% to 80/125/500%
- Health increased from 650 to 700
- AD increased from 50 to 55
- Mana changed from 50/100 to 40/80
- Attack speed increased from 65/75/85% to 75/85/95%
- AD increased from 80 to 85
- Attack speed increased from 0.85/0.9/1.1 to 0.9/0.95/1.2
- AD on fourth shot increased from 244/344/4444% to 350/500/4444%
- Attack speed reduced from 0.75 to 0.7
- Shield value increased from 250/400/800 to 300/450/900
- Attack speed increased from 50/75/125% to 70/90/150%
- Health up from 650 to 700
- Spell Damage increased from 50/75/125 to 75/100/200
- Health increased from 800 to 850
- Armor increased from 45 to 50
- Mana changed from 75/150 to 50/120
- Mana changed from 60/100 to 50/90
- Health up from 600 to 700
- Spell shield reduced from 225/375/1000 to 200/350/1000
- Mana changed from 30/80 to 30/70
- Mana changed from 50/125 to 50/120
- Mana changed from 0/60 to 0/40
- Spell Damage increased from 100/125/200 to 100/140/220
- Spell Targeting changed from Farthest in Attack Range to Farthest
- Spell now hits the first enemy it collides with instead of always hitting the intended target
- Attack Range changed from 660 (3 Hexes) to 420 (2 Hexes)
- Execute is now preventable with Guardian’s Angel
- Time to reel in enemy now scales with Star Level. 1.5 sec to 3/2/1 sec
- Mana changed from 40/90 to 50/100
- Mana Reduction Per Cast changed from 10/20/90 to 20/30/100
- Health decreased from 550 to 500
- AD decreased from 60 to 50
- Spell Damage decreased from 400/600/1200 to 350/550/1500
- Spell damage decreased from 250/400/1500 to 200/325/1500
- Attack speed increased from 0.8 to 0.9
- Mana changed from 0/90 to 0/80
- Mana changed from 70/100 to 40/80
- 2 unit healing increased from 15% to 20%
- 4 unit healing increased from 40% to 50%
- 6 unit healing increased from 99% to 150%
- 3 unit health lowered from 350 to 300
- 6 unit health lowered from 600 to 550
- 6 unit AD lowered from 75 to 70
- 4 unit spell power lowered from 45% to 40%
- 6 unit spell power lowered from 75% to 70%
- 3 unit mana lowered from 25 to 15
- 6 unit mana lowered from 40 to 25
- 9 unit mana lowered from 55 to 40
- Changed to a damage boost instead of true damage
- Magic resist reduction reduced from 50% to 40%
Gold and item boxes
- Blue box with Neeko now grants additional 2 coins (now 2)
- Gold box with Neeko now grants additional 2 coins (now 5)
Final position changes
Players eliminated in the same round will finish in order of:
- Least negative health total
- If tied, most health in the round prior to elimination
- If then tied, the final standings will be determined randomly
- Ekko’s slow is now displayed as a percentage instead of a decimal on his tooltip
- Champions pulled in by Thresh’s Temporal Passage can no longer be used to star up other units
- Vayne’s bonus damage attacks during Final Hour can now properly proc Blademaster
- Lulu Polymorphed units will no longer hop around while stunned
- Fixed an issue where Shaco could occasionally not receive Dark Star stacks if stealthed when an ally dies
- Aurelion Sol can no longer cast while being reeled in by Urgot