The classic Sword and Shield combination is devastating in PvE and PvP within New World, so this build’s skills and passives are the best choices if you’re looking to dominate on the battlefield.
We’re going to run through the best skills you should spec into when building your Sword and Shield mastery tree, along with what passives to run.
- New World Sword and Shield build
- Sword and Shield build Mastery Trees
- Best skills for Sword and Shield
- Best Sword and Shield passives
The Sword and Shield dual-wield combo go hand-in-hand with one another, and they’re considered to be widely powerful for PvP action. This is mainly due to the fact that you’re able to block incoming attacks while dealing hard damage with your Sword.
- Read More: Factions guide
Utilizing the Sword within your build is perfect for combat up close, and adding a shield into the mix allows you to sustain this while continuing to protect yourself from incoming attacks.
After deciding to run with a Sword and Shield build, you’ll then need to pick which of the two different Mastery Trees to focus on. While each still specializes in close combat alongside the added defense of a shield, they both approach it slightly differently.
|Defender||A defensive style of play focusing on utilizing your shield, boosting overall armor to reduce any incoming damage.|
|Swordmaster||This is a mobility-focused build, increasing offensive damage and utilizing stuns.|
|Skill||What it Does|
|Leaping Strike||Leap 6 meters and deal 135% weapon damage|
|Reverse Stab||A stab attack that deals 175% weapon damage.|
|Shield Rush||Rush forward 5 meters, knocking back foes and dealing 125% weapon damage.|
- Leaping Strike: This can be great for a sneak attack out of the bushes, or when you’re charging onto the battlefield and want to get a quick hit off right away.
- Reverse Stab: Turning your character around to slice them with your sword, this ability will do a great chunk of damage. While the cooldown is slightly longer at 25 seconds, you’ll be able to decimate your opponent’s health with this move.
- Shield Rush: This ability is great for stunning enemies and knocking them back while your Mages or other players clear them out.
To make the most of the epic Sword and Shield combo and its skills, we’d recommend taking passives such as Counter Attack, Empowered Stab, and Freeing Justice. Coupled with the above skills, these will provide a cushion to provide you with Empower, Fortify, and debuffs.
- Empowered Stab: Successful Heavy Attack grants you 30% Empower for 5 seconds, increasing damage.
- Freeing Justice: Landing a Heavy Attack causes you to lose all current debuffs.
- Defensive Training: When blocking an attack, you gain 10% Fortify for 5 seconds.
So, there you have it. That’s everything you need to know about the best Sword and Shield build and Mastery Tree in New World.
Looking to become the best adventurer the island of Aeternum has seen? Check out our guides and tips:
New World faction guide | How to get the Waning Crescent staff | Life Staff mastery tree | Fiber and Linen guide | Fishing guide | Where to find sheep | Candied Strawberries | AoE Mage guide | Ice Gauntlet build