Epic Games have now rolled out their latest v11.20 update for Fortnite Chapter 2, bringing a selection of changes to the battle royale game mode.
Unlike last week’s v11.11 update, many fans might have been expecting a bigger and bolder patch with the v11.20 update. The Bandage Bazooka was expected to make its return after spending a brief amount of time in the vault. It had previously been removed due to some recurring issues.
While Epic are remaining tight-lipped on all the changes, they have released a small patch notes article describing some technical improvements and bug fixes. As for gameplay changes, we don’t really know all of the specific changes made right off the bat, so players will need to jump into the game to discover tweaks themselves.
Let’s take a look at everything we know that has changed in the game following this patch’s release…
Fortnite v11.20 update: What’s changed?
After going live on Wednesday, November 10 at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM GMT, the Fortnite v11.20 update has addressed a number of issues that fans had made aware to developers.
The Bandage Bazooka is back and takes center-stage as possibly the biggest announcement from the update, allowing players to once again fire bandages across battlefields and heal up either themselves or teammates on the fly. There are actually several challenges in-game which require the use of this item as well, so players can now start grinding their way back through those.
This isn’t the only change, though, so let’s take a look at the official (and unofficial) patch notes below – using information from Fortnite’s official Trello page.
Fortnite v11.20 update: patch notes
Epic has provided an overview of improvements and bug fixes in the v11.20 update.
v11.20 includes enhancements to the Battle Royale experience:
Daily Challenges are back and can be completed for XP!
Up to three at a time are available, and once a day you can replace a Challenge for another.
In the Locker, you can now filter your items by the Season they were introduced in.
To filter your items by Season, enter the Season name in the search bar. Use terms like “season 5,” “season x,” “chapter 2 season 1,” etc.
You can now adjust the UI contrast.
To adjust the UI contrast, use the User Interface Contrast setting in the Graphics section of the Video settings.
Added a Tutorial playlist for the mobile version of Fortnite.
- To use Microsoft DirectX 12, select it in the Advanced Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Adjusted the headshot multiplier of the Tactical Shotgun so it’s now in line with the headshot multiplier of the Pump Shotgun.
- Increased the Effective Health (sum of Health + Shield) given from Slurp Tankers.
Resolved syncing issues involving the Bandage Bazooka. (Because these have been resolved, the Bandage Bazooka has been re-enabled.)
Addressed reports of hitching on mobile devices.
Resolved the equipped item slot being the selection slot when players open the inventory.
Addressed reports of buildings sometimes appearing low-detailed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as players land on the map.
The hair of the Devastator Outfit now appears the intended color.
The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol no longer appears larger than intended.
The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on everything except the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
It will appear correctly on these weapons in a future release.
Fortnite v11.20 unofficial patch notes:
In addition to these official patch notes, here’s what else we know.
- Bandage Bazooka enabled again in the core, competitive, and Playground playlists.
- Fixed issue causing low-detailed buildings on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One upon landing on the map.
- The Magma wrap, which looks differently to what was intended, now appears correctly for most weapons in the game mode – except the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol. Further fixes will be announced in a future update.
- The equipped item slot will be the selection slot when players open the inventory. This was previously not the case. (Even though this will be addressed in a future release, we plan to allow it as an option for players who prefer it.)
- Devastator’s Outfit hair will now appear as the intended color.
- The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol will no longer appear larger than intended.
- An unmodified newly-placed damage volume will now eliminate players in-game.
- Fixed issue causing excessive jitter when loading onto an elevated spawn pad on high-memory islands.
- Fixed issue causing players to experience FPS drops and hitching, especially on lower to mid-end devices.
- Tutorial Mode now enabled for iOS and Android users.
As these are the unofficial patch notes, assembled using some information from the developers posted to Trello, there’s a chance that some more interesting changes are to be found by diving off the Battle Bus.
We’ll keep this article updated throughout the day with any more new content that’s found following the patch’s arrival!