Tana Mongeau reveals how “mental breakdown” delayed perfume commercial - Dexerto
Entertainment

Tana Mongeau reveals how “mental breakdown” delayed perfume commercial

Published: 31/Jan/2020 2:32

by Virginia Glaze

Share


YouTuber and MTV star Tana Mongeau officially announced her very own perfume, “Tana by Tana,” on January 25 — but her commercial for the product hit a pretty huge pothole before she could film.

After the cinematic commercial went live on YouTube, Tana opened up about her life leading up to the announcement, claiming that she had been working on her mental health in the months before the perfume launched.

Advertisement

“I think I got to a point last year where I was doing so many things that were textbook very exciting, but I was so exhausted and depressed and drained that it was like turning on a camera and faking excitement, and turning it off and just wanting to nap,” she admitted.

(Topic begins at 5:00 for mobile readers)

Advertisement

Mongeau further explained the matter during a behind-the-scenes vlog uploaded on January 30, where she claimed she’d suffered from a “mental breakdown” just before she’d been set to film her perfume’s commercial.

The YouTuber explained the situation during a candid monologue in the passenger’s seat of a car on her way to the set, where she revealed that the issue had put her seriously behind schedule.

(Topic begins at 2:17 for mobile readers)

Advertisement

“I just commenced the mental breakdown of the generation, to be real with you,” she said. “But that’s life. That happens, right? …today I am shooting a commercial for this perfume that I’m running very late to, due to my mental breakdown, which is causing an even further mental breakdown.”

Despite the less-than-ideal circumstances, Mongeau didn’t let her “breakdown” get in the way of her work, and expressed genuine happiness that she was able to enjoy the launch of her surprise perfume in her announcement vlog.

Tana Mongeau, YouTube
Tana Mongeau’s viral perfume sold out within a short time, despite the YouTuber ordering “weeks” worth of product.

Her behind-the-scenes video comes after an emotional upload in December 2019, where she admitted that she was “unhappy” with the way her relationship with now ex-husband Jake Paul had been perceived by the public.

Advertisement

The couple parted ways shortly thereafter, and now, Mongaeau is flying to Miami to support him in his upcoming fight against YouTuber AnEsonGib — proving that in spite of their rocky breakup, the two are still “besties” at heart.

Entertainment

Hashinshin claims FBI cleared him of sexual harassment allegations

Published: 8/Oct/2020 4:00

by Andrew Amos

Share


Popular League of Legends streamer Robert ‘Hashinshin’ Brotz has claimed the FBI investigated him over allegations he was sexually harassing minors, and cleared him of any wrongdoing. He was permanently banned on Twitch over the claims.

Hashinshin was ostracized from the League of Legends community back in July, after claims the 30-year-old Twitch streamer sexually harassed underage girls by abusing his platform of power.

Advertisement

Other popular content creators, like Joedat ‘Voyboy’ Esfahani, stated that “Hashinshin is a manipular, predator, and worst of all [a] pedophile who used his platform to abuse so many underage girls over the years.”

However, the disgraced streamer has claimed he was investigated by the FBI and cleared of all wrongdoing.

Advertisement

“There has been an FBI investigation into me, and I have neither been jailed or charged with a crime. Some of you might not believe that. I have a freedom of information request [to prove my innocence publicly], but that can take up to a year,” Brotz said in a October 7 statement.

Numerous women came forward stories in July of Hashinshin grooming them while they were underage. However, Hashinshin has always maintained his innocence, claiming these stories were false, and that many of those who came forward have since deleted their statements.

He also stated that he was potentially looking into suing some of the alleged victims for defamation, stating they did a “public assessment of [his] character” that distorted what people thought of him.

Advertisement

“I was going to sue Alli for defamation ⁠— and I probably should have ⁠— but Alli is not a victim, and people started getting these really distorted views on what was happening,” he said, referring to one of the victims.

“Things aren’t as they seem, regardless of what they seem. I’m not a rich and powerful figure. They didn’t find that I did anything. I think a lot of this was a public assessment of my character, and a lot of people did this because they didn’t like me.

“I’ve been working on bettering myself over the last two years, and I think I’ve become a better person overall. It hurts a lot…to see all these people denying that.”

Advertisement

Brotz claimed that while he believed his accusers weren’t “all terrible people,” they betrayed his trust. He also said that while he believes they should apologize, he hopes no one in the community attacks them. He just wants to “go back to living a normal life.”

“I thought these were nice people, I thought I could trust them and work with them. That’s why my response to this was all sh*tty because I shouldn’t really have trusted anyone. I don’t think they’re all terrible people, but things really escalated,” he said.

Advertisement

“I don’t want anyone to attack them. I just want to go back to living a normal life. I just want to exist peacefully, and I hope people can start letting me do that. I hope this can change their minds in some way.”

Hashinshin remains permanently banned on Twitch despite his attempts to clear this name. He has also lost his Twitch partnership, and has instead moved to streaming on YouTube.