KEEMSTAR slams Epic Games in wake of his new $100,000 tournament series - Dexerto
Entertainment

KEEMSTAR slams Epic Games in wake of his new $100,000 tournament series

Published: 10/Nov/2018 0:21 Updated: 10/Nov/2018 0:26

by Virginia Glaze

Share


Drama Alert host Daniel ‘KEEMSTAR’ Keem is taking issue with Epic Games yet again, just after the announcement of his brand-new tournament series.

KEEMSTAR announced a $100,000 tournament series for battle royale and sandbox crafting title Creative Destruction on November 9. However, some fans asked that he bring back his ‘Friday Fortnite’ series, instead – to which KEEMSTAR had a vehement response.

“I will never run a Fortnite tourney as long as I live,” KEEMSTAR Tweeted. “Fuck Fortnite!”

He followed up this statement with a second Tweet, claiming that he would never support Epic Games due to the alleged disrespect he was shown after teasing a return of Friday Fortnite in early September. “The amount of disrespect Epic Games showed me has made me an enemy for LIFE!” he wrote. “I’ll ever support anything they do!”

He then uploaded a video on the matter, where he called out those who felt that Epic Games were within their rights to create their own ‘Friday Night Fortnite’ initiative.

“If you have this mindset, ‘It’s their game, they can do what they want,’ you’re an enemy of gaming entertainment,” he said.

KEEMSTAR’s ‘Friday Fortnite’ initiative was dashed due to reported scheduling conflicts with Epic Games’ ‘Summer Skirmish’ tournament series, as well as the company’s decision to cap the competition’s prize money.

Since then, KEEMSTAR has announced a major tournament series for Creative Destruction, which has seen interest from big names in Fortnite like FaZe Tfue and 100 Thieves’ Kenith, among others.

Entertainment

TikTok star Zoe Laverne under fire for allegedly kissing underage fan

Published: 28/Oct/2020 1:28

by Alan Bernal

Share


TikTok star Zoe LaVerne is facing massive backlash after multiple videos surfaced of her allegedly kissing an underage fan. This comes days after leaked Instagram conversations from her ex-boyfriend Cody Orlove and Amber VanPelt raised concerns of “very intense” interactions with an underage influencer.

A video on the ‘Def Noodles’ account featured a short clip showing the two. It was apparently only a short form of a much longer video showing more instances of the same behavior.

According to Def Noodles, LaVerne previously denied allegations of having a relationship with an underage person. This was in direct response to the allegations brought by Orlove’s hacked messages.

The video comes at a sensitive time for LaVerne, who was already getting heat for Orlove’s Instagram messages with VanPelt.

Zoe LaVerne Instagram
Zoe LaVerne once again removed herself from Instagram after the latest allegations.

In them, Orlove’s leaked exchange shows that he “left (LaVerne) because of her interactions with Connor. They got very intense and it’s something I do not stand by whatsoever. It’s p**dophillia.”

Another message, this time from Orlove to LaVerne, shows he cut communication from her. “My lawyers will handle the rest,” he said in reference to the “toxic” breakup between the two TikTok personalities.

LaVerne, who deleted her Instagram in mid-September in response to a separate lip-syncing debacle, once again removed herself from the Facebook-owned social platform.

In a private fandom account known to be run by LaVerne, she gave a message to her fans for her renewed hiatus from Instagram after the videos came out.

zlpfandom0.2 Instagram
An Instagram message from a fan-account known to be run by LaVerne.

“Thank you for everything, really,” the account called ‘zlpfandom0.2’ wrote. “But for right now I don’t think I’ll be back on soial media again. I (still) have a lot to think about. I reall don’t wanna leave you guys but I’m tired of feeling this way. I’m tired of crying and hurting. It’s nothing but negativity to me anymore. I love you so much.”

LaVerne has over 17 million followers on TikTok and nearly 450,000 subscribers on YouTube. She’s been featured in TikToks and videos with other online celebrities ranging from Terin Sottile and ex-boyfriend Zephan Clark.

If the move offline is permanent, it’s not known if LaVerne will publicly respond to the latest videos that are surfacing.