Entertainment

H3H3 reveals how swatter “attempted to murder” them and newborn baby

Published: 26/Oct/2019 17:46 Updated: 26/Oct/2019 19:29

by Brent Koepp

Share


During the October 23 episode of the ‘h3 podcast’, YouTube comedic duo Ethan and Hila Klein revealed a horrific story of how they were swatted when they were returning home with their newborn son.

H3h3 is one of the most popular reaction channels on YouTube, as the comedic duo created hilarious skits that gave thoughtful commentary. With viral videos like their iconic ‘vape nation’ video, they eventually amassed a following of over 6.5 million on the video hosting platform.

However, the duo eventually transitioned over to podcasting, and on their latest episode, Ethan and Hila opened up to their audience about how they had been swatted on numerous occasions, and it got so bad that they were forced to get the FBI involved. 

Instagram: @h3h3productionsThe YouTube stars revealed that their family had been the victim of swatting.

The YouTubers were initially hesitant to talk about their situation, as they didn’t want to give attention to their harasser, but decided to open up about what they had been going through in the last year.

“I didn’t want to talk about it because I didn’t want to give them any satisfaction, attention or encouragement,” the podcast hosts said when speaking about how their old address became public.

After debating over whether to just leave it there, Ethan then decided to address it. “We kept getting swatted. The first time it happened it was terrible enough, because the police showed up, their guns drawn, there was multiple helicopters.” Hila then jumped in and exclaimed, “It was traumatizing, it was absolutely awful!”

As if that wasn’t terrifying enough, the YouTube duo then revealed that their harasser had swatted them on another occasion, and timed it with when they were arriving home with their recently born son.

“These people timed it up with when we were arriving home with Theodore to put him in harm’s way,” Ethan revealed upsettingly. “There is an FBI case open, we have taken it all the way up the chain.”

He then made it clear that swatting is not a prank and said, “You will go to f*cking jail!” before he stated that the pair consider what their harassers did to them to be “attempted murder” as it puts them in harm’s way. 

“I do seriously consider it to be attempted murder,” the podcast host reiterated. “They tried to kill our baby. They tried to traumatize our baby!”

(Timestamp of 01:36 for mobile viewers.)

Swatting is a very serious issue, as wrongdoers not only waste police resources, but put the target of their call into potential danger as police arrive assuming that they are facing a serious threat to the public. 

One swatting incident even tragically led to a death in June of 2017 when a man called up police after having a dispute with a gamer online. The incident ended in tragedy, and landed the perpetrator in jail, where he was sentenced to twenty years in prison.

Entertainment

Conor McGregor explains why YouTube boxing is “good business” for the sport

Published: 16/Jan/2021 1:20

by Alex Tsiaoussidis

Share


Jake Paul and Logan Paul helped popularize ‘YouTube Boxing’ in recent years, although it’s often described as a mockery of the sport. However, Conor McGregor explained why he isn’t against it and thinks it’s good business.

Conor McGregor has been focused on his upcoming UFC 257 bout against Dustin Poirier for a while now. However, that hasn’t stopped Jake Paul from doing his best to rope the former double champion into an exhibition boxing match.

Jake first called him out back in November 2020 after he knocked out Nate Robinson. Then, he taunted him to accept a $50 million fight offer several weeks later and has been flailing about ever since. 

He still hasn’t managed to get his attention. However, his antics did draw out comments from UFC President Dana White and Conor’s coach, John Kavanagh. Now, Conor has finally shared his thoughts on YouTube boxing as a whole, and here’s what he had to say.

Jake Paul Conor McGregor
Jake Paul / Conor McGregor
Jake Paul has tried and failed to bait a response from Conor McGregor.

“A lot of people are criticizing [YouTube boxing] as maybe making a bit of a mockery of fighting,” asked an interviewer. It’s the predominant view among fans of combat sports. “I want you to weigh in on that for me.” 

“If they are fighting, well, then it can’t make a mockery of fighting, right?” said Conor. “They’re getting in, and they’re competing. I am not so much against it. The YouTube kid and the NBA star competing [was] good business.

“Am I into those competitions myself? It’s not the most high level if any level… [but] as they say if it makes dollars, it makes sense,” he added. “I know Dana and the UFC are not really into it, but… I’m not so against it. I think if people are willing to get in and take the risk of making that walk, I am certainly a viewer.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by TheBreadBatch (@thebreadbatch)

Conor’s opinion might come as a surprise to fans who expected him to make scathing comments. However, as a businessman himself, it seems like he’s all for it. Plus, as he said, YouTube boxers are still fighting and giving it their all.

On another note, Conor didn’t seem too incensed about Jake. He barely mentioned him at all. 

Still, it’s only a matter of time before Jake responds, and there’s no doubt he won’t be too thrilled about being referred to as “the YouTube kid.”