Wondering what Dead by Daylight’s 2022 Lunar New Year event, Lurking Stripes, has got in store for you in your next Trial? From toolboxes to flashlights, offerings, and cosmetics, we’ve got everything you need to know right here.
We’re heading into the Year of the Tiger, and that means that Dead by Daylight is back with another annual Lunar New Year Event. Known as Lurking Stripes, this year’s event brings more of that familiar Spring Festival flavor to the game.
As with every year since 2018, DBD has taken on a slightly different look for this holiday celebration. From cosmetics to gameplay items and more, here’s everything you need to know about Dead by Daylight’s Lurking Stripes event.
- Dead by Daylight Lurking Stripes event end date
- DBD Lurking Stripes cosmetics
- Dead by Daylight Lurking Stripes free Bloodpoint rewards
- DBD Lurking Stripes items and offerings
- Lurking Stripes event trailer
When does the Dead by Daylight Lurking Stripes event end?
The Lurking Stripes event kicked off on January 25, 2022, at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET / 7 PM GMT / 9 PM CEST and will end on February 8, 2022.
This leaves players with two full weeks from the start date to hop into the game and enjoy the feline-themed update.
During this time, players can enjoy a more festive in-game experience, where Generators and Hooks are outfitted with a suite of fireworks to better match the vibe of the season. These will go off when generators have been completed, or if a Survivor has been hooked.
Dead by Daylight Lurking Stripes cosmetics
During the event, players can unlock different cosmetics and are also able to purchase a brand-new skin for Yui Kimura, alongside on-sale ones in the Store from previous Lunar New Year releases. The outfits on sale are:
- The Wraith: The Golden Ox – 30% off (840 Auric Cells)
- The Deathslinger: The Oxen Bounty – 30% off (840 Auric Cells)
- Feng Min: Spring Festival – 50% off (600 Auric Cells)
- Ace Visconti: Seasoned Gambler – 50% off (600 Auric Cells)
- Jeff Johansen: New Year Showgoer – 50% off (600 Auric Cells)
Below, we’ve listed all of the eight unlockable cosmetics that Survivors and Killers can collect throughout the event from Red Envelopes:
|Killer / Survivor||Rewards|
|The Artist||Entrancing Gown + Glaring Blood|
|The Clown||Savage Smile|
|David King||Striped Punk Pants|
|Jane Romero||Striped Top|
|Kate Denson||Claw-Marked Beanie|
|The Nurse||Festive Gown|
|The Trapper||Golden Stinger|
There’s also two Lunar New Year-themed Charms up for grabs – Lunar Tiger and Courageous Tiger – as shown in the below image.
Dead by Daylight Lurking Stripes free Bloodpoints
During the event, players will be able to receive a free daily prize of 50,000 Bloodpoints, just by logging in. Called ‘The Daily Bounty’, this is one gift that should not be passed up.
- Read More: Is Dead by Daylight crossplay?
You’ll also be able to earn more Bloodpoints during a trial by utilizing the event’s Red Envelopes, detailed under the next subheading. For DBD codes to redeem even more Bloodpoints and Charms, make sure to check out our dedicated guide.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Dead by Daylight Lurking Stripes items and offerings
The main focus of the event will be on collecting Lunar offerings in the form of hóngbāo. These iconic Red Envelopes represent good luck and prosperity in many East Asian cultures and will reflect that in-game by rewarding players with additional Bloodpoints.
Available within your Bloodweb, the Red Envelope offering can be used to spawn it in your next Trial.
- All players will be able to claim the envelope, but only one person can do so (unless you’re interacting with your own).
- During a match, the Aura of your envelope will be visible to you. Upon interacting with it, it will reveal its location to all other players.
- Once it’s been claimed by someone else, both you and that player will receive a varying amount of Bloodpoints, called ‘Tiger’s Blessing’, along with the owner of that envelope receiving one of the eight Lunar cosmetics.
As well as Red Envelopes, there’s also two new items that Survivors can use, too, each providing its own positives and negatives within a Trial:
Lurking Stripes DBD event trailer
For a more in-depth look at everything on offer in the Lurking Stripes event in DBD, make sure to take a look at the trailer shared by Behaviour Interactive:
So, there you have it – that’s everything you need to know about Dead by Daylight’s Lurking Stripes Lunar event and its free rewards track.
For more tips and tricks on all things DBD, make sure to check out our guides and hubs:
All Killers in Dead by Daylight | The best Survivors and Perks in DBD | Dead by Daylight codes | Is DBD Crossplay? | Is DBD on Xbox Game Pass?