The Call of Duty Season 2 Reloaded update has arrived in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, and we’ve got everything there is to know about what’s new in the battle royale.
While Black Ops Cold War has received the bulk of the new content and changes in the Season 2 midseason update, there’s still plenty for Warzone players to be excited about.
How big is the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update?
Here are the file sizes for this update, based on each platform:
- PlayStation 5: 52.0 GB
- PlayStation 4: 52.0 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 57.8 GB
- Xbox One: 57.8 GB
- PC: 52.4 GB (Warzone Only) / 133.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
What’s new in Warzone Season 2 Reloaded?
Two brand new Operators came as part of Season 2 Reloaded, available in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. The first is Wolf, who has a unique Finishing Move that involves his pet canine attacking the enemy. Wolf can be unlocked through a special Store Bundle when the update launches.
The second Operator is Rivas, who will be released at some point later on in the season in a separate Store Bundle.
New ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle
As with every new weapon added to Black Ops Cold War, the ZRG 20mm sniper rifle is also available in Warzone – although Activision has noted that it won’t be released until later on in the season.
- Read More: Best Warzone controller settings
According to its official description, the ZRG “boasts a higher bullet velocity than any other weapon in its class,” featuring a fast reload speed and likely good damage for shots to the head, chest, and shoulders.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Teaser in Season 2 Reloaded Roadmap
The official Roadmap for Season 2 Reloaded includes a Warzone image front and center with a caption that reads, “The threat rises in Verdansk.”
This is most likely about the current zombie plague where a throng of the undead keeps moving from location to location following their arrival at the Shipwreck POI.
- Read More: Best audio settings for Warzone
The popular theory among the community is that all of this leads to the Verdansk getting nuked and replaced with a brand new map, which could be located at the Ural Mountains, according to leaks.
Warzone Season 2 Reloaded weapon changes
The controversial AUG is the only weapon nerfed in the new midseason update. The base recoil for the weapon has been increased, meaning it’ll be slightly less effective at range.
Warzone Season 2 midseason update patch notes
Please note that everything in these notes applies to Warzone only; for all of the new content and changes in Black Ops Cold War check out the Season 2 Reloaded patch notes here.
- Fixed Dev Error 6634 for Xbox.
- Fixed subtitles for Sims, Beck, and Garcia.
- Armor should now spawn consistently as ground loot across all matches.
- The Tactical Map has been updated:
- You can now double-click to place a Danger Ping.
- When hovering over some pingable objects you’ll now sometimes get the name of the object, making it easier to see what you’re pointing at.
- It should now be slightly easier to point at exactly what you want when items are very close to one another.
- Changed “Delete Pings” text to “Remove My Pings”.
- On Rebirth Island, an out of map exploit was fixed near Chemical Engineering.
- In Plunder, Self Revive can now be dropped via the Quick Inventory menu.
- With keyboard/mouse or any Bumper Ping control scheme, holding the Ping button down for a short time will let you clear all your placed pings at once.
- The Cold War AUG’s base recoil magnitude has been increased.
- Cold War weapon unlocks now appear properly in the After Action Report.
- The Suppressor muzzle now correctly displays muzzle flash concealment as a pro.
- The Cavalry Lancer barrel now increases damage done to vehicles.
- Smooth zoom/variable zoom scopes will now properly mount on vertical walls.
- Fixed some ADS firing animation issues on scopes.
- Fixed a bug where some Cold War barrels were not having their intended effects.
- Baker’s fourth Operator Mission Objective to eliminate 15 enemies using a weapon with an attached 2x magnified scope or greater now tracks properly.