Infinity Ward released a small update for Warzone 2 and DMZ, nerfing AI, fixing bug crashes, and more.
Warzone 2 introduced the battle royale’s first Resurgence map, Ashika Island, as part of the Season 2 update. The developers added two new contracts, Data Heist and Search and Seizure, alongside the new environment.
Community members bashed Data Heist for adding AI enemies onto Ashika Island. Players must download intel from one of the map’s three uplink stations and take down the AI Shadow Company enemies to complete a Data Heist contract. Ashika Island is already small enough, so some Warzone 2 players argued AI enemies ruined the pacing of games.
Fortunately for those opposed, Infinity Ward reduced the number of AI enemies during Data Heist contracts, and made a few other significant changes as well.
Infinity Ward announced bug fixes and AI nerfs
On March 1, Infinity Ward announced changes coming to AI enemies in DMZ but didn’t give any specifics. The devs shed more light on the situation in the latest patch notes. AI enemies now deal “moderately” less damage on Al Mazrah and Ashika Island in DMZ.
Modern Warfare 2 has already made several UI changes, and the March 2 update makes navigating through the Battle Pass easier. The update also fixed an issue where the gas wouldn’t damage AI enemies. An annoying bug caused the Recent Players list to be non-responsive, which has also been fixed.
Lastly, Infinity Ward improved performance on Ashika Island and also fixed a few wonky physics bugs on the new map.
Warzone 2 March 2 patch notes
Here are the full Warzone 2 March 2 patch notes.
This update contains fixes for a number of known crashes.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Fixed an issue causing Recent Players list to appear non-responsive after using search
- Fixed various geo/collision issues in Ashika Island
- Fixed an issue where AI combatants were not being damaged by the gas
- Improved quick equip options in the Battle Pass
- Improved general navigation and usability in the Battle Pass
- Fixed an issue impacting visibility of Contract icons on the Tac Map
- Fixed an issue preventing Players from redeploying if they are in Last Stand when Resurgence timer is disabled
- Fixed an issue with the “Death From Above” Mission not tracking properly with teammates
- Improved visibility to Data Heist Contract objectives on Ashika Island
- Reduced scale of AI combatant reinforcements during Data Heist Contract on Ashika Island
- Various performance improvements to DMZ on Ashika Island
- Fixed an exploit allowing Players to retain Loadouts between DMZ matches
- Fixed an exploit allowing duplication of teammate Dog Tags
- Introduced some moderate changes to AI combatant damage that reduce lethality across Al Mazrah and Ashika Island in DMZ.