It appears that a new powerhouse professional Call of Duty roster has been built featuring former teammates Bryan ‘Apathy’ Zhelyazkov and Jordan ‘JKap’ Kaplan.
Ever since the currently ongoing roster change window opened up on April 5, CoD Rostermania has been on a steady simmer, with no major roster changes having been confirmed yet.
However, there’s no doubt that there is a lot of wheeling and dealing going on in behind the scenes, as more and more roster moves are becoming apparent even before being announced.
Fan spots Apathy and JKap playing with new team
On April 15, an unnamed fan managed to enter a scrim lobby and screenshot all of the players that were partaking. On one side was the entire Gen.G roster except for Colt ‘Havok’ McLendon, who had not loaded in yet, and the other side were five players who were seen playing together for the first time this season.
- Read More: Sources: FaZe Clan and Denial CWL Pro League lineups revealed following Red Reserve split
Those five players were JKap, Apathy, FC Black’s Timothy ‘Phantomz’ Landis, and Evil Geniuses’ Dillon ‘Attach’ Price and John ‘Xotic’ Bruno.
While the roster moves have obviously not been announced yet, this would appear to be Evil Geniuses’ new roster heading into the upcoming CWL London major tournament in May and the remainder of the CWL Pro League that comes after.
What does this mean for everyone involved?
If this roster is indeed the one that will be representing EG for the remainder of the season, then it obviously has a lot of widespread implications for all of the players involved.
- Apathy – This roster would confirm the heavy speculation that Apathy is in the process of being dropped from Team Envy.
- Attach – It appears that Attach will be staying with EG after rumors had surfaced that he had “begged and cried” EG to let him end his loan spell early and go back to FaZe Clan.
- FaZe Clan – Speaking of FaZe, this new roster would confirm that their new fifth will not be Attach once the team completes its purchase of Red Reserve’s league spot.
- JKap – It was always clear that JKap would be leaving eUnited after their recent spells of controversy, but now we know which team he’ll probably be joining.
- EG’s current roster – Putting together this new roster would obviously mean that some of the current players would have to be dropped, so it looks like it’s going to be goodbye to Jevon ‘Goonjar’ Gooljar-Lim, Mathew ‘Royalty’ Faithfull, and Tyler ‘FeLo’ Johnson.
Apathy and JKap reunited
This roster would reunited Apathy and JKap after the two had a very successful spell with Team Envy from 2016-17, which included back-to-back appearances in the CWL Championship Grand Finals, the first of which they won.
- Read More: Crimsix paints bleak picture for OpTic heading into CWL London after shutting down a scrim
The two were dropped after the Infinite Warfare CWL season, with Apathy joining Evil Geniuses and winning the 2018 CWL Championship and JKap signing with Luminosity Gaming, with whom he won CWL Birmingham.
Setting the stage for revenge?
If this roster becomes reality, the first time fans could see the squad in action would be May 3-5 at CWL London, where EG will be grouped with eUnited, Red Reserve, and Team Envy.
This would give both Apathy (Envy) and JKap (eUnited) a chances to exercise revenge against the orgs that dropped them ahead of the major tournament.
This, of course, will be music to the ears of impartial fans who will want to see even more story-lines set up ahead of what should already be a very intense competition.