Just hours out from the full launch of Battlefield 2042, Electronic Arts have detailed the first update in early access, fixing key bugs, improving performance, and ironing out some network issues.
With Battlefield 2042’s early access period winding down, EA has just announced the first patch ahead of the game’s full release on November 19. While plenty have chimed in with their fair share of complaints on gameplay issues, this update hones in on performance instead.
From stuttering to network problems, here’s a full rundown on all the biggest Battlefield 2042 changes in the November 18 update.
🛠️ Fixes targeted at improving Server Stability and instances of Rubber Banding
💽 Fixes for Hazard Zone, including improvements to Specialist Selection on PC
🛡 Fixes helping to smooth out the experience ahead of World Wide Launch
— Battlefield Direct Communication (@BattlefieldComm) November 17, 2021
Topping the first Battlefield 2042 patch are ‘server-side upgrades’ to mitigate rubber banding issues. Network issues have been quite prevalent in All-Out Warfare specifically, but these improvements should ‘reduce’ how often you notice them.
Next up, performance should be smoother on the Breakaway map moving forward. The snowy map suffered from stuttering issues in early access, especially after Silo’s were destroyed. EA has addressed this issue in the new update.
Furthermore, a handful of UI improvements have been implemented, Hazard Zone’s map should work as intended, and PC players are now able to lock in their Specialists with a simple click, rather than tapping the spacebar.
EA has teased another two updates to follow in the next 30 days. We’ll be sure to keep you posted with all the latest changes as new updates are announced.
This initial set of Battlefield changes will be live across all platforms at 1AM PT on November 18, following an hour of downtime.
Full Battlefield 2042 November 17 patch notes
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.