The new Valorant Agent, Neon, has finally been unveiled, so here’s a rundown of the eighteenth member of the squad’s abilities, and when she’ll be released.
A fair bit was known about Agent 18, codenamed “Sprinter”, ahead of her Valorant Episode 4 release in January, 2022. However, now with her character trailer confirming her name as Neon, we’ve got all the details right here including what her abilities look like, her lore, release date, and more.
Hailing from Manila in the heart of the Philippines, Neon is “Sprinter,” the mysterious Duelist Agent that has been floating around in Valorant’s game files for months.
- Read More: Valorant voice actors for all Agents
Decked out in cobalt blue and highlighter yellow, the fiesty femme fatale utilizes her rocket-like speed and electrical energy to tear down all those who stand in her squad’s way.
She does appear to have a softer side, however, as her room is decked out in the orange and pinks of the sunset, and currently occupied by an adorable little plushie (aptly named ‘Squish Squish’)
Below is a full breakdown of Neon’s abilities, which rely on how much ‘Charge’ she has stored up.
- Ability 1 – Fast Lane: FIRE two energy lines forward on the ground that extend a short distance or until they hit a surface. The lines rise into walls of static electricity that block vision and damage enemies passing through them.
- Ability 2 – Relay Bolt: INSTANTLY throw an energy bolt that bounces once. Upon hitting each surface, the bolt electrifies the ground below with a concussive blast.
- Ability 3 – High Gear: INSTANTLY channel Neon’s power for increased speed. When charged, ALT FIRE to trigger an electric slide. Slide charge resets every two kills.
- Ultimate Ability – Overdrive: Unleash Neon’s full power and speed for a short duration. FIRE to channel the power into a deadly lightning beam with high movement accuracy. The duration resets on each kill.
Character producer John “Riot_MEMEMEMEME” Goscicki recalls Neon’s inspiration as simply being “speed.”
“Everything about Neon came back to that feeling of running forward and moving fast. Alot of her design was inspired by athleisure clothing, sprinting gear, and a runner’s physique. We also looked into the kind of bioelectricity you see deep in the ocean. This provided us with a nice foundation for some unique shapes and movements within her lightning.”
- Read More: When is the next Valorant Night Market?
While Neon’s entire aesthetic is based around notions of all things fast and furious, Valorant Game Designer Ryan ‘rycou’ Cousart explained why Neon holds a special place in his heart.
“I’ve been at Riot for a while now and until now, there’s only been talk here and there of making a character from the Philippines. I’m a Filipino designer, so the opportunity to help bring a Filipina agent to life in Valorant is an absolute blessing to me all the way down to the core.”
Neon will release as part of Valorant Episode 4 Act 1, with the mega update dropping on January 11, 2022 (January 12 depending on your region.)
That’s everything we know about Neon, Valorant’s 18th Agent. Be sure to keep checking back on Dexerto’s dedicated Valorant page for our comprehensive guide on how to play this sassy speedster.