The Sims 4 Summer of Sims continues with the reveal of a brand new expansion, Cottage Living. Despite the most recent Game Pack, Dream Home Decorator having recently released, it’s full steam ahead for The Sims team as the new countryside-themed trailer highlights the upcoming world, neighborhoods, and features.
Fans of the simulation franchise everywhere have already had their first helping of content for the Summer of Sims, including Dream Home Decorator, and a free base game update that included the Likes and Dislikes feature, new hair swatches, and additional placements for bunk beds.
While many are looking for more features to allow Simmers more freedom to represent themselves in-game, these definitely work towards filling the gap of what’s missing for the game.
After being cryptically teased to fans and content creators all over the world with postcards detailing a previously unseen countryside location in The Sims franchise, there’s a whole lot to unpack with the eleventh expansion pack.
As with other expansions, the game will cost $39.99 / £34.99, and will release on PC, Mac, and consoles on July 22.
If you purchase the pack before September 2, you’ll also receive three additional bonus gifts:
- The Scenic Commuting Bicycle.
- “Onward” The Adventurous Gnome.
- Bramblewood’s DeLIGHTful Tree.
You can pre-order the newest expansion pack for The Sims right here.
Featuring a British-themed world, Cottage Living takes players to the countryside in the quaint village of Henford-on-Bagley.
- Read More: When is The Sims 5 coming out?
With beautiful, wide-open spaces, serene wells, and pumpkin patches, players are certainly in for one of the most beautiful worlds The Sims 4 has seen thus far.
According to the official description and blog posts released by EA, Cottage Living will include:
- Cows, rabbits, foxes, chickens, llamas, and birds!
- Earn trust with wild animals to earn special gifts.
- The ability to grow your own produce.
- The Finchwick Fair, complete with different competitions to enter.
- Wildland foraging to find produce.
- The Simple Living Lot Challenge, making your Sims dependent on what they have in their possession for food.
- A feature that’s returning from The Sims 3: Groceries!
- A new trait: Animal Enthusiast.
- The ability to form relationships with each animal, which impacts how they respond to you.
- Different milk flavors from cows, wool colors from Llamas, and different appearances for chickens!
- British-themed foods such as Yorkshire puddings and Beef Wellington.
- Canning, including 16 different variants of jams and custards to create and eat on its own or use in cooking!
- Cross stitching!
In the trailer, we also noticed Sims singing with animals, plenty of new Build/Buy and Create A Sim items, Llamas, chicken coops, and more! Check it out above and see what you can spot.
A Pond Tool has also been confirmed, meaning players will be able to customize their builds even further. It also appears that they will be interactable and your Sim will be able to swim in them!
Dropping on June 10 at 4PM BST, the new trailer provided players with a first look into what they can get up to.
From Sims that sing along with birds and chickens, there are loads of brand new features.
The Sims 4 Cottage Living Gameplay trailer
On July 1 at 4pm BST, the gameplay trailer showed us an even deeper look into what Simmers can expect to see!
On July 8 at 10 AM PT / 6 PM BST, players will also be able to tune in to the live stream featuring the Sim Guru dev team as they explore the upcoming expansion.
We’ve embedded it below – don’t forget to set a reminder!
So, there you have it! That’s everything you need to know about The Sims 4’s newest expansions, Cottage Living! Fancy making the motherlode of Simoleons? Check out our get-rich quick guide.