A small Overwatch patch has been shipped to PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on April 21, fixing a lot of problematic bugs since the release of Echo in Patch 1.47.
Overwatch’s April 21 patch is a far cry from last week’s update. From the release of Hero 32, Echo, in Patch 1.47, the recent update doesn’t have a lot going for it besides for some bug fixes.
Although that might not seem exciting on face value, a few of these glitches had drastic gameplay consequences, and their removal will be joy to the ears of Echo and D.Va players at the very least.
Echo finds her voice
The Echo voice bug issue has been fixed, at least for players using English voices. There were certain issues with some heroes having their voice stolen by Echo, even after her Duplicate ultimate ran out.
This included Reinhardt, and apparently Winston and D.Va, as the April 21 fixed a bug with Echo’s ultimate where she stole those hero’s voices. The Reinhardt bug, which affected Korean-language players, hasn’t gotten a mention in the English patch notes.
Echo’s Duplication bug with D.Va’s boosters has also been fixed, putting an end to the infuriating of getting a mech without functioning rockets.
THIS IS CLEARLY NOT REINHARDT'S VOICE pic.twitter.com/QHY5uYTDzK
— Kaiser (@ian9721) April 15, 2020
Getting the Self Destruction sequence the right way around
A bug affecting D.Va’s Self Destruct has also been fixed, which had drastic consequences when she was leaving her mech.
D.Va would occasionally vault out the wrong way of her mech. While this seems like minor, it had major gameplay consequences, given that D.Va vaults can be the difference between getting back to safety or dying.
Thankfully, this bug is a relic of the past, so you won’t need to worry about vaulting to your death any time soon.
Smaller, more visual bug fixes for Echo, Junkrat, and Tracer have also been patched out. There weren’t any balance changes made though, so you won’t have to worry about the meta changing too drastically.
You’ll need to download the April 21 retail patch to get back into Overwatch again. Thankfully, it’s only a small one, so you shouldn’t be out of action for long.
You can find the full patch notes below.
Overwatch April 21 patch notes
- [Xbox-Only] Resolved an issue with transitioning between the main menu and the Highlights menu
- Fixed a bug that caused Baptiste’s Immortality Field disc to look very large in his Highlight Intros
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s Mech could spawn in facing the wrong direction in the spawn room, and D.Va could eject facing the wrong way during Self Destruct or Mech destruction
- Fixed a bug that caused Echo to not respect the Toggle Booster option when she clones D.Va
- (CTF Game Modes) Fixed a bug that caused Echo to drop the flag when Duplicate ends
- Fixed a bug with Echo’s Duplicate where she would sometimes not play voice lines while duplicating D.Va
- Fixed a bug with Echo’s Duplicate where she would use Winston’s voice instead of her own after completing Primal Rage
- Fixed a bug that caused Junkrat’s weapon accuracy statistic to always display 100%
- Fixed a bug where Tracer could blink to an unintended location on Hollywood, near point A
- Fixed a bug where a player’s position could be incorrect when queried in Workshop