TFT patch 12.21 notes: Xayah & Nunu buffs, Karma nerfs
TFT patch 12.21 is coming, but not much is changing ahead of the Dragonlands Championship. Riot is keeping the meta stable, but adjusting a few outliers like Xayah, Nunu, and Karma: here’s the full patch notes.
With the Dragonlands Championship now on the doorstep, TFT Set 7 is coming to an end. TFT patch 12.21 is one of the last updates before the release of TFT Set 8, and Riot isn’t tinkering too much ahead of Worlds.
Instead, outliers will be slightly tuned — including a number of item and augment changes — so preparation doesn’t go out the window. In saying that, there are some Preparation nerfs.
Here’s what you need to know about TFT patch 12.21, including when the update will drop.
When is TFT patch 12.21?
TFT patch 12.21 is expected to roll out on Wednesday, November 2, 2022. Servers usually shut down at around 5am local time (depending on location), and open back up at 8am.
Oceania is the first region to get the patch, with notes typically dropping as the update starts in Australia. Then, the global rollout begins across the next 24 hours.
What’s changing in TFT patch 12.21?
Xayah and Nunu buffs ahead of Dragonlands Championship
As far as champion adjustments go, Xayah and Nunu are getting the biggest boons of all. A Lux bug fix implementing the previously proposed damage buffs will go through, but the former two will get new changes buffing their damage.
On the nerfs side, Karma is the only major target with a tune down on her skill damage at all ranks.
Evoker Nomsy and Lulu is receiving a small buff, while Soraka’s tooltip is finally being updated to include the number of stars in each cast — you don’t need to guess anymore.
Small adjustments to Built Different, Preparation augments
Most of the interesting changes in TFT patch 12.21 come in the form of item and augment changes. Built Different is being buffed to give slightly more health in each stage, while Preparation is being nerfed at all ranks.
Popular economy augment Cluttered Mind will be harder to activate with only two units dropping in the pick-up too.
Item-wise, seven Radiant items are being changed up, including big buffs for Statikk Favor and Eternal Whisper while Bulwark’s Oath and Runaan’s Tempest face nerfs.
You can find the full TFT patch 12.21 notes below, courtesy of Riot.
TFT patch 12.21 notes
- Inner Flame damage: 210/280/400 ⇒ 200/265/380
- Now has intended changes from TFT patch 12.20
- Cosmic Flare first strike damage: 325/400/500 ⇒ 325/410/525
- Cosmic Flare secondary strike damage: 175/200/230 ⇒ 175/210/240
- Lulu Whimsy targets: 2 ⇒ 3
Nunu & Willump
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Consume damage: 350/500/925 ⇒ 375/525/925
- Consume damage amplification if target has less health: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Feathers FLY! attack damage scaling: 18/18/18% ⇒ 20/20/30%
- Tooltip has been updated to show number of stars called down per cast
- Cannon Shot Attack Damage ratio: 150/275/450% ⇒ 150/300/500%
Built Different I/II/III
- Tier 1 bonus health: 200/250/300/350 ⇒ 250/300/350/400
- Tier 2 bonus health: 250/325/400/475 ⇒ 300/375/450/525
- Tier 3 bonus health: 300/400/500/600 ⇒ 350/450/550/650
- Units granted: 3 ⇒ 2
- Attack damage and ability power per stack: 4/5/8 ⇒ 3/4/7
Protector of the Cosmos
- Shield per component: 30 ⇒ 35
- Can again be offered on Stage 2-1
Absolution (Radiant Redemption)
- Heal: 18% missing health ⇒ 22% missing health
Bulwark’s Oath (Radiant Protector’s Vow)
- Shield duration: 4 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
- Armor and magic resist granted: 35 ⇒ 30
Eternal Whisper (Radiant Last Whisper)
- Bonus attack speed: 25% ⇒ 35%
Quickestsilver (Radiant Quicksilver)
- Bonus attack speed: 50% ⇒ 60%
Runaan’s Tempest (Radiant Runaan’s Hurricane)
- Bolt damage: 120% total AD ⇒ 110% total AD
Statikk Favor (Radiant Statikk Shiv)
- Bonus attack speed: 10% ⇒ 30%
Sunlight Cape (Radiant Sunfire Cape)
- Bonus health: 300 ⇒ 200
- Rosethorn Vest (Radiant Bramble Vest) now correctly blocks all bonus crit damage rather than 75%
- Fixed a bug where Zz’Rot Portal and Zz’Rot’s Invitation were not taunting enemies
- Upgraded champions that only had the initial one stack of Preparation will now properly start with one stack of Preparation
- Spirit Visage will now attribute healing to its holder