Dark Star’s have proven to be a nuisance in Teamfight Tactics since the addition of Xerath, so in Patch 10.9 one of the game’s most powerful traits is getting nerfed. Chrono is getting reworked too, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
The release of Xerath, plus Patch 10.8 buffs to Sorcerer and Dark Star, have proven to be too influential on the Teamfight Tactics meta. In Patch 10.9, Riot are looking to rein in that power.
On top of that, a host of buffs are coming to some of the game’s less-loved units, and some traits will have an entirely new look, including a rework to Chrono.
Chrono trait reworked in TFT Patch 10.9
Chrono is receiving a rework in TFT Patch 10.9. Instead of granting scaling attack speed based on units for a fixed amount of time, its bonuses have been reversed.
Instead, Chrono will grant all units a fixed amount of attack speed (20%), which gets boosted indefinitely at set intervals (eight, four, and 2.5 seconds). All units will automatically start with a 20% attack speed bonus.
On the numbers, this is a nerf at all levels, unless you have a long-drawn out fight with six Chronos.
Chrono isn’t the only trait receiving what could be considered a mini-rework on Patch 10.9. Infiltrators will now have their attack speed bonus refreshed on takedown, regardless of the number of units.
Dark Star, Sorcerer nerfed after Xerath release
Xerath’s reign on the TFT battlefield knew no end — that was, at least, until Patch 10.9. Both of the five-star units traits are being nerfed to hopefully bring him in line, as well as take some power out of the strongest meta compositions.
Sorcerer will have its spell power bonus reduced at four, six, and eight units. This doesn’t just affect Dark Star compositions, but also Star Guardian, which was making a rise in certain scenarios.
This is on top of April 21’s hotfix, nerfing the bonus damage on Dark Star’s six and nine unit bonus by five and ten AD and spell power respectively.
- Read more: MSI 2020 reportedly canceled
Shaco was also hit with nerfs to his spell power and overall damage, rendering one of the main carries of Dark Star comps useless.
Units-wise, it’s buff central. Syndra, Rumble, Graves, Fiora, Sona, Kha’Zix, Malphite, Twisted Fate, Leona, Master Yi, Yasuo, and Ziggs are all being changed for the better, while no nerfs are currently touted.
There won’t be any new units coming in the update, but two new Galaxies will be dropping in. The Treasure Trove and two-star carousel will be making their entrance, as Riot continue to add new gameplay mechanics to keep this set fresh.
Teamfight Tactics Patch 10.9 will be released on Patch 10.9. You can find the full TFT Patch 10.9 notes preview below.
TFT Patch 10.9 notes preview
- Six-unit trigger chance: 60% > 55%
- Four-unit additional attacks: 6 > 5
- Two-unit health bonus: 300 > 350
- Four-unit health bonus: 700 > 650
- Now grants 20% attack speed every few seconds, based on number of Chronos
- Two units: 8 seconds
- Four units: 4 seconds
- Six units: 2.5 seconds
- Three-unit bonus: 350 health + 50 AD > 350 health + 35 AD
- Six-unit bonus: 750 health + 75 AD > 700 health + 70 AD
- Attack speed is now always refreshed on cooldown
- Four-unit bonus: 80% > 75%
- Six-unit bonus: 125% > 120%
- No longer grants mana when Super-Mech dies
- Two-unit bonus: 20% > 25%
- Six-unit bonus: 45% > 40%
- Six-unit bonus: 225 shield > 200 shield
- Nine-unit boonus: 350 shield > 325 shield
- Four-unit bonus: 45% spell power > 40% spell power
- Six-unit bonus: 80% spell power > 70% spell power
- Eight-unit bonus: 125% spell poweer > 105% spell power
- Six-unit bonus: 60 mana > 50 mana
- Mana per second: 20 > 40
- Crit threshold: 50% health > 40% health
- Two-unit bonus: 60 armor > 125 armor
- Ability stun duration: 1.5/1.5/1.5 seconds > 1.5/1.5/3 seconds
- Ability CC duration: 4/4/4 seconds > 3/4/5 seconds
- Ability damage: 175/250/400 > 200/275/500
- Isolation bonus: 600/825/1350 > 600/825/1500
- Ability damage reduction: 40/80/120 > 40/80/200
- Ability shield: 40/45/50% > 40/45/60%
- Ability heal per second: 8/10/15% > 13/14/15%
- Ability damage: 250/400/800 > 350/500/1000
- Ability heal: 100/150/200 > 150/200/300
- Ability damage: 80/120/200 per orb > 150/250/400 per orb
- Ability damage: 200/300/500 > 200/300/550
- Ability now has a range of three hexes
- Ability damage: 250/325/550 > 300/400/700