TFT Patch 10.23 is coming in thick and fast. We’ve already had a hotfix for Patch 10.22, but heaps more changes are on the way in the November 11 update, including a Xin Zhao rework, changes to Keeper and Divine, and more.
TFT Patch 10.22 has already caused its fair share of controversy. Within days of going live, Riot were forced to deploy an emergency hotfix to nerf the overpowered Morgana, after the update was shipped with an “accidental” buff.
Every patch has looked to shift the tides of the meta, and this one looks no different. TFT Patch 10.23 is seemingly going to bring the underutilized Warlord trait to the forefront, while Divine is set to be hit again.
Keeper changes that were teed up for TFT Patch 10.22 are also set to go live on the November 11 update, although they look different to how they were originally.
Keeper now scales shield duration as well as amount
The big change to Keeper in TFT Patch 10.23 is the shield will now scale not only in amount, but duration. Every tier of the buff from two, four, and six units will make the shields last longer.
At Keeper 2, nearby allies will receive a 175 health shield for eight seconds. This is increased to 250 health for 10 seconds at Keeper 4, and a whopping 350 health for 14 seconds at Keeper 6.
The longer shielding duration is a definite buff to late-game Keeper comps, who were often losing their shields too early at the normal eight second duration. However, with Luden’s Echo and Statikk Shiv still dominating the item meta, the change could fall flat.
Outside of Keeper, Divine and Hunter will be receiving damage nerfs, while Dazzler will also be culled.
Xin Zhao rework makes his ability more useful
There’s no contest — Xin Zhao has been the worst three-cost in TFT Fates, and arguably one of the worst champions overall. The Warlord-Duelist lacks some identity, and his ability certainly doesn’t help him.
- Read more: TFT Patch 10.22 notes
However, that could change after TFT Patch 10.23. His new ability is still pretty similar — Riot haven’t even renamed it — but it’ll now make him even more tanky.
Instead of taking reduced damage while challenging enemy units, he will now gain flat resistances every time he uses his ability. This means he will be permanently more tanky to all units, including those who he “challenged.”
Fellow duelist Kalista is also set to get a buff, alongside Ahri, who was nerfed a bit too much in the last patch. Warwick is also in the firing line again, with his stun this time the target of Riot’s ire.
You can find the full TFT Patch 10.23 preview notes below, courtesy of [email protected]. We will keep this constantly updated as more changes are shipped.
TFT Patch 10.23 preview notes
- Turret duration changed from 7/8/9/11 to 7/8/9/10
- Ability damage changed from 25/50/75 to 40/50/75
- Ability attack damage steal changed from 20/30/40% to 30/35/40%
- Ability changed: Crescent Strike
- Xin Zhao sweeps around him, dealing 300/325/350% of his Attack Damage to nearby enemies and gains 50/60/75 Armor and Magic Resist for the rest of combat.
- Ability max health as damage increased from 4/6/8% to 4/6/90%
- Ability total damage changed from 600/900/1600 to 750/900/1600
- Ability damage lowered from 300/450/1350 to 300/450/1200
- Ability damage increased from 475/675/3000 to 500/700/3000
- Ability stun duration lowered from 1.5/1.5/3 to 0.75/0.75/2.25
- Ability attack speed lowered from 175/200/500% to 135/150/500%
- Reduced damage increased from 40% to 45%
- Bonus true damage increased from 40% to 45%
- 2 unit duration lowered from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
- 8 unit duration increased from 13 seconds to 15 seconds
- 2 unit damage lowered from 150% to 125%
- 3 unit damage lowered from 175% to 150%
- 4 unit damage lowered from 200% to 175%
- 5 unit damage lowered from 225% to 200%
- Effect tweaked: At the start of combat, Keepers grant themselves and all nearby allies a shield for a duration. This shield is 50% stronger on Keepers.
- 2 units: 175 shield, 8 seconds
- 4 units: 250 shield, 10 seconds
- 6 units: 350 shield, 14 seconds