The latest Teamfight Tactics update is upon us, ushering in a ton of new balancing updates to fan-favorite Champions alongside fresh reworks for various Traits in patch 10.21.
While Riot Games appeared comfortable with the state of TFT prior to the 10.20 patch, the latest update shakes things up once again.
A handful of Traits, Champions, and Runes have been adjusted in the 10.21 update to shake up the state of the game.
Expect the meta to be in flux as usual with new overhauls, as it could take a while to get comfortable with the new balance. Get caught up to speed with our complete overview of the patch down below.
Champions changed in TFT 10.21 patch
First up, when it comes to Champions, multiple have been adjusted in every tier. Most tweaks are quite small in the grand scheme of things, though some have been changed drastically.
In Tier 4, Ahri has taken quite a hit. Ability damage has been dropped massively, so you’ll need to take that into consideration in your next games. Similar can be said for all of Jhin’s abilities too, though to a lesser extent.
At the very top, Azir has been buffed in Tier 5 with an increase to ability damage. Meanwhile, Zilean is able to strike more targets now than ever before.
Divine and Moonlight both overhauled in TFT 10.21 patch
Moving on to Traits, nine have been adjusted in the new patch, though some more than others. Most just received slight statistical changes, but others have been completely redesigned.
Divine now has a new function as it removes “all crowd control and ascend” for targeted Champions. These units will take 66% less damage and also deal 50% bonus true damage while the effect lasts.
Meanwhile, Moonlight has an updated effect now too. At the beginning of combat, Champions with the lowest star-level will increase until the end of combat.
The full patch notes for the 10.21 update can be found below.
TFT Patch 10.21 preview notes
- Health Restore on Attack: 40/80/120 ⇒ 40/80/160
- Javelin Toss Damage Bonus per Hex: 10% ⇒ 20%
- Orbs: 4/5/6/10 ⇒ 4/5/6/9
- Turrets now stop firing when Aphelios is disabled
- Dragon Strike Damage: 175/250/500 ⇒ 175/250/750
- Starting/Total Mana: 50/100 ⇒ 60/110
- Sporecloud Dart Damage: 200/300/600 ⇒ 300/450/900
- Slicing Maelstrom Damage: 300/450/900 ⇒ 300/450/1350
- Spell Power gain on kill: 1/2/4 ⇒ 1/1/2
- Health: 650 ⇒ 600
- Spirit Bomb Damage: 500/800/4000 ⇒ 500/750/3000
- Fourth Shot Damage: 444/500/4444% ⇒ 444/500/1234%
- Energy Slash Wave Damage: 300/450/1500 ⇒ 300/450/1350
- TruestrikeDamage: 200/225/300% ⇒ 200/225/250%
- Reaping Slash Damage: 450/600/6666 ⇒ 400/600/6666
- Shadow Form damage buff: 75% ⇒ 50%
- Warlord’s Divide Damage: 200/350/2000 ⇒ 200/350/8888
- Lilting Lullaby Sleep duration: 3.5/3.5/8 ⇒ 3/4/8 seconds
- Rewind Fate number of targets: 2/2/10 ⇒ 2/3/10
- Rewind Fate heal amount: 350/700/3000 ⇒ 350/500/3000
- Each star level of your cultists will grant Galio +12% bonus Health and Attack Damage. For example, three 1-star Cultists will grant Galio +36% bonus HP and AD.
- Galio Base Health: 1600/3800/6666 ⇒ 1000/1750/2500
- Galio Base Attack Damage: 125/400/1000 ⇒ 80/180/400
- Bonus Damage: 175% at all levels ⇒ 150/175/200/225%
- [Trait changed]
“Upon attacking 6 times of dropping below 50% health, Divine champions remove all crowd control and ascend, taking 66% reduced damage and dealing 50% bonus true damage for the duration.”
2 units: 4 seconds4 units: 7 seconds6 units: 10 seconds8 units: 14 seconds
- Moonlight (5) now exists: Stars up the lowest 2 champions.
- Now gain the Stealth effect AFTER their 3rd attack instead of FOR the 3rd attack. Additionally, bonus damage now applies every 4th attack rather than every 3rd.
- Bonus Damage: 100/325/650 ⇒ 125/400/750
- Armor: 100/250/500 ⇒ 100/250/600/1500
- Vanguard (8) now exists
- AD and AP: 50/120 ⇒ 50/150
- Attack Speed Slow: 2/3/5sec ⇒ 2.5/4/7 sec
- Magic Resist: 35/95/175 ⇒ 40/100/200
- Fortune (3) average gold value- 0 Loss: 3g ⇒ 2.5g
- Fortune (3) average gold value- 1 Loss: 6.5g ⇒ 6g
- Fortune (3) average gold value- 2 Loss: 11.5g ⇒ 10.5g
- Fortune (3)- 4 Loss: Removed the 5 Cost drop possibility
- Fortune (6) average gold value: 10.25g ⇒ 11.65g
- Fortune (6) lowered the chances of a 5 cost drop.
- Removed the Fates change to the shop that prohibited unbought champions from repeating in consecutive shops.
- Modified the Chosen appearance rate to reduce some of the worst luck cases and streakiness.
- You are now guaranteed to see at least one Chosen by 2-2.
- Chalice of Power Bonus Spell Power: 30 ⇒ 40
- Gargoyle Stoneplate Bonus Armor & MR per enemy: 12 ⇒ 15
- Locket of the Iron Solari Shield: 250/300/375/500 ⇒ 350/450/600/800
- Luden’s Echo Now deals bonus damage to shielded or crowd-controlled enemies, similar to Statikk Shiv.
- Luden’s Echo Base Damage: 200 ⇒ 180
- Luden’s Echo Bonus Damage: 180
- Quicksilver Duration: 12 seconds ⇒ 10 seconds
- Statikk Shiv Damage: 85 ⇒ 75
- Statikk Shiv Bonus Damage: 85 ⇒ 175
- Statikk Shiv: Fixed a bug where the lightning chain could break if it encountered an untargetable (Stealth) unit
- Zeke’s Herald Bonus Attack Speed: 30% ⇒ 40%
- ZZ’Rot Portal now taunts all nearby enemies at the start of combat to the wearer for 2 seconds
- ZZ’Rot Portal Construct Attack Damage: 70 ⇒ 150
- Fixed a typo in Fortune.
- Clarified Morellonomicon tooltip (item applies effect when the holder deals magic damage with their spell).
- Fixed an issue where the following units would show the wrong color on their spell’s tooltip when given Spell Power: Tahm Kench, Hecarim, Nunu, Azir, Kayn
- Pyke’s ability now hits slightly in front of him, allowing him to hit cornered units.
- Fixed a rare issue where strange Chosen could appear in the shop, but buying them would give you a 1* copy of a different unit
- Kayn no longer casts if there are no enemies in range he could hit
- Sett can no longer cast Showstopper on an enemy Sett who is out of combat due to The Boss
- Fixed some bugs with specific Fortune loot tables that were dropping a bit more than intended.