The fallout of Teamfight Tactics’ (TFT) Mid-Set update was remarkably tame, considering the multitude of changes. However, some things are being finetuned in Patch 10.13, including buffs to the underpowered Battlecast, as well as a new galaxy being added.
The TFT Mid-Set update introduced 14 new champions, a few new traits, and completely shook up the meta. While things are still getting evened out, there are a few things that noticeably need tinkering.
Most notably is the new Battlecast trait, which has fallen a bit flat since arriving in Patch 10.12. Some OP compositions like Cybernetics will be getting changes in the opposite direction. Plus, a new Binary Star galaxy will throw a spanner into the works of some compositions.
TFT Patch 10.13 Highlights!
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) June 23, 2020
Battlecast trait & three champions being buffed
The Battlecast trait — outside of Urgot and Cassiopeia — has landed a bit weak in Teamfight Tactics.
In Patch 10.13, Riot are looking to lift the rest of the trait up, buffing Kog’Maw, Nocturne, and Illaoi individually, as well as the class as a whole. Battlecast’s healing and extra damage will be up at all levels — with an extra 10 at two units, to an extra 280 at eight.
- Read more: TFT Galaxies Battle Pass II details
The amount of armor and MR Illaoi steals is also going up, while damage is up across the board for Kog’Maw, and Nocturne. The changes should hopefully make Battlecast a trait worth pursuing.
New Binary Star galaxy replaces Medium Legends
New patch equals a new galaxy in Teamfight Tactics. Each galaxy has the chance to shake up the meta drastically, and the Binary Star universe will certainly throw a spanner in the works every game it comes around.
The Binary Star galaxy will only allow players to equip two items on a champion instead of three. This could have a drastic impact on how some carry comps are played, forcing players to be a bit more diverse in the units they give items to — and what they equip.
Of course, this means one galaxy from the first half of the set will be departing the arena. Medium Legends — which increased the HP of every player — will be removed from all queues after the launch of Patch 10.13.
Outside of the changes to Battlecast and the new galaxy, some units are being adjusted slightly. Dark Star champions are getting a buff after a slight rework to the trait was shipped in the Mid-Set update. Bard, Darius, and Xayah are also getting a leg-up.
On the other hand, Cassiopeia, Ekko, Fizz, Jayce, Jinx, Master Yi, Nautilus, Riven, Teemo, and Thresh are being nerfed, alongside Blademasters, Cybernetics, and Mystics.
You can find the full set of patch notes below, courtesy of Riot Games.
TFT Patch 10.13 notes
- If you are ranked Master or above, you may now only queue solo in Ranked.
- New Galaxy: Binary Star. Champions can only hold two items.
- Medium Legends Galaxy has been removed from the game.
- Binary Star will occur in 10% of games.
- Raised the minimum number of items that can drop in a game by 1.
Balance and Adjustments
- Battlecast Damage or Healing: 70/160/325/600 ⇒ 80/180/480/880
- Blademaster Chance for Bonus Attacks: 30/70/100 ⇒ 30/65/100
- Blaster Bonus Attacks: 3/5 ⇒ 3/6
- Cybernetic Bonus Attack Damage: 40/80 ⇒ 40/75
- Dark Star Bonus Attack Damage & Ability Power: 8/16/24/32 ⇒ 8/18/28/38
- Infiltrator Bonus Attack Speed: 40/70/120 ⇒ 40/80/120
- Mystic Magic Resistance: 50/125 ⇒ 50/120
Tier 1 Champions
- Illaoi Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Illaoi Tentacle Smash Defense Stealing: 20/30/50% ⇒ 30/40/60%
- Illaoi Defense Stealing Duration: 4 ⇒ 6 seconds
- Nocturne Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.75
- Nocturne Unspeakable Horror Damage: 200/250/350 ⇒ 200/250/400
- Xayah Total Mana: 70 ⇒ 60
Tier 2 Champions
- Darius Armor: 35 ⇒ 40
- Darius Magic Resist: 20 ⇒ 30
- Darius Dreadnova Guillotine Damage: 400/500/750 ⇒ 400/550/800
- Kog’Maw Health: 500 ⇒ 550
- Kog’Maw Total Mana: 40 ⇒ 30
- Kog’Maw Barrage % Max HP Damage: 2/4/7% ⇒ 2/4/8%
- Nautilus Impact Crater Stun Duration: 3/3.5/4 ⇒ 3/3/5 seconds
- Nautilus Mana: 60/120 ⇒ 50/120
Tier 3 Champions
- Bard Cast time significantly reduced
- Cassiopeia Poison Duration: 12 seconds ⇒ 14 seconds
- Jayce Health: 850 ⇒ 800
- Master Yi Chosen One Damage: 75/100/200 ⇒ 75/100/175
Tier 4 Champions
- Fizz Starting Mana: 60 ⇒ 50
- Gnar Health on Transform: 750/1250/2500 ⇒ 750/1250/4000
- Gnar Attack Damage on Transform: 100/175/400 ⇒ 100/175/550
- GNAR! Stun Duration: 2 ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- Jinx Get Excited!Bonus Attack Speed: 60/75/100% ⇒ 50/70/100%
- Riven Energy Slash Shield: 250/400/1000 ⇒ 225/375/1000
- Teemo Satellite Damage: 125/175/600 ⇒ 125/175/550
- Teemo Satellite Slow Duration: 4 ⇒ 3 seconds
Tier 5 Champions
- Ekko Chronobreak Damage: 100/200/2000 ⇒ 100/150/2000
- Thresh Total Mana: 75 ⇒ 90
- Bloodthirster Healing: 40% ⇒ 45%
- Hextech Gunblade Healing: 40% ⇒ 45%
- Jeweled Gauntlet Bonus Crit Damage: 20% ⇒ 30%
- Statikk Shiv Damage: 80 ⇒ 90
- Zz’Rot Portal Health: 1000/2000/3000 ⇒ 1500/2250/3000
- Cleaned up some tooltips with respect to percentages
- Fixed Malphite’s Energy Shield not benefiting from the Spell Power provided by Chalice of Power
- Fixed Space Pirates rarely causing additional coin drops when equipped with Giant Slayer
- Fixed an issue where a Kog’Maw’s attacks during Barrage could rarely become Trap Claw procs
- Removed the unintended orange glow that would play on melee weapons of units equipped with Infinity Edge
- Fixed an issue where Zephyr’d units could be hit by certain AoE spells like Teemo’s Satellite Traps
- A few Team Planner bugs needed fixing.
- Xerath was lost in space for a bit. We found him and put him back in the Team Planner.
- We removed a few champions from the game in patch 10.12 but they hid away in the Team Planner. We found and removed them.
- Nocturne snuck into Tier 2 in the Team Planner. We put him back into his appropriate Tier 1.