With Set 5 on the horizon, TFT patch 11.6 is a small one. However, buffs to Warlords and Assassins and nerfs to Keepers could somewhat shift the meta as Fates nears its end.
The TFT patches are winding down as Riot goes full gas on Set 5. With the release just six weeks away, more details should be coming out soon. It also means that, for the next three patches, things won’t change too much in the Fates meta.
Riot still want the game to be as balanced as possible as the World Championships approach though. Warlords and Assassins are the big two highlighted in TFT patch 11.6. Here’s what you need to know.
After two of our biggest non-set patches, we’re turning our focus to minor nudges to maintain our balanced game state through the global competition season.
— Teamfight Tactics (@TFT) March 16, 2021
What’s changing in TFT patch 11.6?
Olaf nerfs another hit to Slayers
Slayers have been dominating the TFT meta for the majority of Set 4.5. Since their release, hard carries like Samira — and more recently Olaf — have torn up the convergence.
Recent nerfs have knocked down their power somewhat, but they’re still the meta comp. However, the TFT devs are deploying a trick well-known to their League of Legends counterparts, nerfing Olaf’s base AD by 5.
- Read More: TFT Fates World Championship details
This small change won’t hurt Olaf too much, but it’s yet another instance of Riot trying to keep Slayers in check.
Tristana is getting a hefty nerf to her ability attack speed bonus, Lulu can’t ult the same target twice with Mage, and Yone has less armor shred at three-star — although you’ve probably lost at that point, anyways.
Katarina, Vi, Garen buffs help Warlords
Warlords have been struggling since the fall of Nidalee, but Riot are trying to bring them back. Garen, Vi, and Katarina are all being buffed in TFT patch 11.6 to try and make the trait relevant again.
Katarina’s damage at two-star is going up, helping her throughout the mid-game. Vi’s ability damage at two and three-star is also up — with a little less armor shred — and Garen’s three-star ability damage too. Ultimately, it should make pursuing three-star Warlords, especially lower-cost ones, a bit better.
- Read More: When is Wild Rift coming out in NA?
Talon is also penned in for buffs, with the Enlightened-Assassin getting a big leg-up at one and two-star. Cho’Gath, Diana, Irelia, Nautilus, and Zed are in Riot’s good books too.
On top of the changes to champions, Last Whisper and Sunfire Cape have been changed, while Eternal Winter and Locket of the Iron Solari have been nerfed.
You can find the full TFT patch 11.6 notes below.
TFT patch 11.6 early notes
- Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Judgement Damage: 450/675/1125 ⇒ 450/675/1250
- Rapid Fire Attack Speed: 60/70/90% ⇒ 60/65/70%
- Lulu can no longer target the same unit twice with Wild Growth in one Mage double cast
- Mana: 75/150 ⇒ 85/150
- Denting Blow Armor Shred: 40/60/80% ⇒ 40/50/70%
- Denting Blow Damage: 250/400/800 ⇒ 250/425/850
- Contempt for the Weak AD Steal: 20/25/30% ⇒ 30/30/30%
- Bladestorm Damage: 200/300/550 ⇒ 200/300/700
- Death Lotus Damage: 600/900/1500 ⇒ 650/1000/1500
- Armor: 60 ⇒ 70
- Magic Resist: 40 ⇒ 60
- Attack Damage: 90 ⇒ 85
- Attack Damage: 90 ⇒ 95
- True Strike Base Damage: 85/135/400 ⇒ 100/150/400
- Seal Fate Armor and Magic Resist Shred: 60/60/80% ⇒ 60/60/70%
- Attack Speed Slow: 50% ⇒ 35%
- Armor Shred: 80% ⇒ 70%
- Shred Duration: 3 ⇒ 5 seconds
Locket of the Iron Solari
- Shield: 300/375/500 ⇒ 300/350/450
- Item is no longer unique. Each Sunfire Cape on a unit will search for its own burn target every 2 seconds.
- Keeper 4 is now properly a silver trait
- Fixed a bug where Zilean’s Rewind Fate failed to find targets if Zilean was in the Zhonya’s Paradox invulnerable state
- Get Back Here: Darius no longer fails to deal damage with Fortune’s Guillotine if his target dashes very far away
- Carve a path: Fixed a bug where Darius had a brief window between chain dunks where he was not unstoppable
- Talon and Wukong’s spells will now properly proc Trap Claw’s spellshield and stun
- Fixed a bug where Kennen’s Slicing Maelstrom would occasionally stop casting when hit by another Kennen’s Slicing Maelstrom