The League of Legends 11.5 patch notes has dropped, giving us an extensive look at all the changes coming to the game in the new update.
Riot is gunning to solve a number of Season 11 “problem” champs in League patch 11.5, including some of Summoner Rift’s newest faces.
Samira, Senna, and Seraphine — all of whom have enjoyed stints atop the meta at various stages in early 2021 — were all tipped for a mixed bag of buffs and nerfs on March 3. They will be joined on the balance sheet by “niche” picks like Twitch AP, Shaco support, and the biggest Season 11 surprise so far, Udyr.
Top pro picks like Azir and Rell are also set for nerfs.
Riot is also all primed to drop a hilarious new cosmetics set, the “Bee” skin line. This honey-flavored set will be spread across just three lucky champs next patch.
Seraphine headlines nerfs, Senna bumped
The biggest changes coming in patch 11.5 is that Seraphine’s bot lane role is being nerfed quite heavily. Senna and her “fasting” option are also going to take a hit.
Seraphine has run rampant in the bot lane since her release, often taking the role of “APC” instead of an ADC.
In fact, according to trusted LoL stats site Lolalytics, she currently has a monstrous 57.79% win rate there. To put that into perspective, the shock breakout champ of Season 11, pacey jungler Udyr, is only winning 55.51% of his games.
Riot is looking to bump down the Starry-Eyed Songstress slightly by hitting her note damage, as well as their decay times.
- Read More: League Lunar Beast 2021 event guide
Senna was also penned in to take a hit. She was originally going to cop a crit scaling nerf – mainly due to her win rates in bot (9.58% pick rate) and as a “fasting” support (11.96%). But none of those changes made it to the official 11.5 patch notes.
Pro play darlings Azir, Rell under microscope
With more than a month of competitive League of Legends now in the bank, Riot Games have taken a microscope to the best-performing champions.
That includes Shuriman emperor Azir and armored-warrior Rell.
Both have been vital in a number of LCS victories over the past few rounds. Azir has appeared in 42.2% of all North American games, according to OracleElixir.com, with a 53% win rate, while Rell has a huge 86.7% presence.
Gragas and Udyr, who have been two shock picks in pro play so far this season, are also getting nerfed. Their mana cost and health will be reduced respectively.
LoL item shop gets “Starter Bundles”
Starting this patch, Riot plans to roll out a new feature in the LoL item store: “Starter Bundles”.
These new ‘packs’ will “determine which item combos are most commonly purchased first,” Riot developer Jordan Checkman explained on Twitter. Once it has these details, the item shop will gather this data together to create packaged recommendations.
Bundle examples include Doran’s Blade and a Healing Potion, Doran’s Ring and two Healing Potions, or Doran’s Shield and a Healing Potion. All three cost 500 gold.
What’s coming in League of Legends patch 11.5?
New “Bee” themed skins
The next League skin line, a “Bee” themed set, will be coming in patch 11.5. Three champs are in line for the new cosmetics, including hyper-carry Kog’Maw.
Here’s all the champs getting new “Bee” skins:
- Kog’Maw — “Bee’Maw” (1350 RP)
- Malazahar — “Beezahar” (1350 RP)
- Yuumi — “Yuubee” (1350 RP)
Hecarim is also getting a small VFX update in LoL patch 11.5.
This graphics update will apply to all of the Shadow of War’s skins — including Arcade, High Noon, Cosmic Charger, and more — and should “modernize” his look.
League patch 11.5 will drop on March 3, but you can catch the complete patch notes below, courtesy of Riot Games.
League of Legends 11.5 patch notes
W – Arise
- Sand Soldier Damange: 60-160 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 50-150 (levels 1-18)
Q – Barrel Roll
- Cost 60/65/70/75/80 mana ⇒ 80 mana (at all ranks)
- Damage Growth 3.38 ⇒ 4.25
Q – Inner Flame
- Cooldown 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds ⇒ 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
W – Bio-Arcane Barrage
- Bonues Damage: 3/3.75/4.5/5.25/6% of target’s maximum health ⇒ 3/4/5/6/7% of target’s maximum health
E – Wuju Style
- Base Damage: 18/26/34/42/50 ⇒ 20/30/40/50/60
Passive – Gift of the Drowned Ones
- Grey Health Storage 25-50% of damage taken (levels 1-18) ⇒ 10% of damage taken (+25% lethality), increased to 35% of damage taken (+50% lethality) when 2 or more enemies are nearby
W – Terrashape
- Bonus Damage 8/16/24/32/40 (+30% AP) ⇒ 8/22/36/50/64 (+45% AP)
R – Supreme Display of Talent
- Damage 100/170/240 ⇒ 100/200/300
- Health Growth 95 ⇒ 80
- Armor 35 ⇒ 32
W – Ferromancy: Crash Down
- Cooldown 11 seconds ⇒ 13 seconds
W – Ferromancy: Mount up
- Cooldown 11 seconds ⇒ 13 seconds
- Damage Growth 2.3 ⇒ 3
Q – Flair
- Damage Ratio 80/87.5/95/102.5/110% ⇒ 80/90/100/110/120%
W – Winter’s Wrath
- Second Hit Damage Ratio: 5.25% of Sejuani’s maximum health ⇒ 6% of Sejuani’s maximum health
Passive – Stage Presence
- Removed – Subsequent Note Damage Decay: Seraphine’s Notes no longer decay in damage to non-minions
- NEW – Backup Vocals… Back Up: Notes from allies now only deal 25% damage of Seraphine’s Note damage to all targets, including minions
- Note damage: 4-16 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 4/8/14/24 (levels 1/6/11/16)
R – Encore
- Cooldown 160/140/120 seconds ⇒ 180/150/120 seconds
W – Jack in the Box
- Base Damage: 15/20/25/30/35 ⇒ 10/15/20/25/30
- Single Target Base Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 ⇒ 25/40/55/70/85
- New – Pop Goes the Monster Jack in the Box now deals an additional 10/20/30/40/50 damage to monsters
Q – Chomp
- Cooldown 4 seconds ⇒ 3.5 seconds
Passive – Deadly Venom
- Damage Ratio Per Stack: 3% AP ⇒ 2.5% AP
R – Spray and Pray
- Bonus Damage 25/40/55 ⇒ 30/45/60
- Duration 5 seconds ⇒ 6 seconds
- Health Growth 99 ⇒ 92
R – Phoenix Stance
- Aura Total Damage: 50/95/140/185/230/275 over 4 seconds ⇒ 40/80/120/160/200/240 over 4 seconds
- Mejai’s Bug Fix: Viego no longer loses stacks on Mejai’s Soulstealer and Dark Seal when possessing an enemy, and now gains the Mejai’s and Dark Seal’s stacks of enemies he possesses.
- Too Far Bugfix: Fixed a bug where Viego could sometimes possess an enemy soul from extreme ranges if cast right at the start of another possession
- Too soon Bugfix: Fixed a bug where Viego would sometimes instantly possess souls without the 1 second cast time.
Passive – Soverign’s Domination
- Removed Turret Dodging: Viego no longer dodges turret shots that are in the air when he starts the possession animation
- Total Cost: 3300 gold ⇒ 3100 gold
- Health: 300 ⇒ 400
- Removed – Butcher: Black Cleaver no longer deals bonus physical damage
- New – Rage: Dealing physical damage to a champion grants 5 movement speed per stack of Carve on them for 2 seconds
- Update – Wrath: Convert every 1% critical strike chance into 2 bonus physical damage on-hit, with a maximum of 100% critical strike chance. Wrath’s on-hit damage conversion is now affected by critical strike damage modifiers.
Maw of Malmortius
- Total cost: 3100 gold ⇒ 2800 gold
- Shock: Basic attacks and abilities deal 2.5% max mana as bonus damage against champions ⇒ Basic attacks deal 1.5% max mana as bonus damage. Melee abilities deal 3.5% max mana as bonus damage and ranged abilities deal 2.7% max mana as bonus damage; all abilities also deal +6% total AD as bonus damage against champions (on-hit attacks that trigger spell effects count as abilities for this purpose)=
- Shock Bugfix: Fixed a bug where damaging abilities would proc Shock’s bonus damage once per ability, and should now only proc once per champion per ability
- Updated – Sheild Reaver: Dealing damage to an enemy champion reduces any shields they gain by 50% for melee champions and 25% for ranged champions for the next three seconds. When you damage an enemy who is unaffected by Shield Reaver, reduce all shields on them by 50% for melee champions and 25% for ranged champions.
- On-Hit Item Bugfix: Fixed a bug where Serpent’s Fang’s Shield Reaver passive would not reduce an enemy’s shields if the user had any on-hit items equipped
- Halting Slash Dash Range: 200 ⇒ 300
- Halting Slash Dash Speed: Slightly increased
- Halting Slash Slow Decay: 60% over 2 seconds ⇒ 40% over 2 seconds
- Damage: 100% AD ⇒ 75% AD
In-Game Shop Updates
- Introducing Starter Bundles: The recommended view will now offer you the most popular combination of items players start with instead of just the first item. (Hint: It’s usually potions.) Saved you some clicks!
- The font rendering has been improved in the item and search detail views. It was LiTeRaLy UnPlAyAbLe, but now it’s fixed.
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements. Added 2 HP to the shop to round the number off.
- Shureyla’s Battlesong now properly appears in the Item Shop when filtering for “Ability Power” or “Mana & Regeneration”
Bugfixes / QoL Updates
- League Client: Discovered and fixed an issue that would cause players to be stuck at the “Waiting for Stats” screen instead of directing the player to their end-of-game lobby
- League Client: Fixed various rendering issues around the Match History graphs and statistics
- League Client: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented players from trading champions in Champ Select
- Heartseeker Quinn’s recall SFX now play properly
- Camille’s W – Tactical Sweep heal now properly takes into account her outer cone bonus damage, not the inner cone damage
- Fixed a bug where Tryndamere would be able to die through his R – Undying Rage if hit with a CC ability empowered by Horizon Focus
- Bonus damage from Muramana and Ravenous Hydra’s Cleave passive now properly triggers with every attack after Urgot’s W – Purge is activated, not just the first attack
- Ranged champions now properly benefit from Doran’s Shield’s Endure and Recovery passives
- Fixed a bug where Udyr was able to trigger Tear of the Goddess’ mana charge with every attack
- Fixed a bug where Runaan’s Hurricane’s bolts would generate additional stacks of Conqueror
- Certain champions now properly receive experience when a dragon is defeated during the time they are untargetable through an ability (Master Yi, Xayah, Zed, Kayn, Maokai, Yuumi)
- Ravenous Hydra’s Cleave passive now behaves more consistently across similar abilities
- Fixed a bug where Ezreal would not trigger Runaan’s Hurricane when casting Q – Mystic Shot and turning around at the same time
- Fixed a bug where if Shyvana’s W – Burnout was active, Ravenous Hydra’s Cleave passive would not work after the first attack
- Relic Shield’s Spoils of War kills from a support now properly count towards Viktor’s Passive – Glorious Evolution and Cull stacks
- Samira’s R – Infernal Trigger now properly applies Ravenous Hydra’s Cleave passive