Riot Games released League of Legends patch 10.25b — a “small b-side update” to tide fans over until Season 11 — on Wednesday, and we’ve got all the details, Dec. 16 patch notes, and changes right here.
LoL patch 10.25b, which Mark “Scruffy” Yetter said Riot Games has rushed out to “beat the holidays,” is mainly focused on cowling powerful champions and items ahead of the annual devs shutdown period around Christmas Day and New Years.
There will also be a few buffs, to try and tweak struggling champs early. Gangplank and Kayn are the two LoL characters getting some love while Akali, Malphite, Galio, Anivia and Olaf will all be slapped with 10.25b nerfs in the final League of Legends update of the year.
“As promised, we’re doing one last round of balance changes to ensure the game is in a good state before the winter break. Again, happy holidays and we’ll see you back in January!” Tricia “Mom Cat” Tan wrote in the 10.25b patch notes.
Here’s all the details on LoL patch 10.25b, coming this week.
Sunfire Aegis hit with more nerfs
There’s only three items getting changed in patch 10.25b, but they’re both pretty hefty swaps for the League of Legends meta heading into Season 11.
The first is one that LoL fans have waxed lyrical about for weeks; Sunfire Aegis, one of the new Mythic items added recently, has been dominating the metagame since its release. LoL fans are getting fed up, so Riot is nerfing it again this update.
“While relatively balanced, Sunfire Aegis continues to dominate tank Mythic choices. We’re giving the other items more of a chance to be explored,” Tan said.
- Read More: LoL Battle Queens 2020 event guide
The Collector and Ironspike Whip are both getting changes too.
Finally, Runaan’s Hurricane, one of the core ADC attack speed items, was set for changes in patch 10.25b. Instead, Yetter confirmed on Dec. 15 they had been pushed to patch 11.1. He added they would “definitely come in the new year.”
Rell gets LoL patch 10.25b quality of life changes
League’s newest champion, Rell, is also getting some small changes in patch 10.25b. She has been less dominant than some other recent releases — Samira and Seraphine spring to mind — but she still needs a little help to settle onto the Rift completely.
Yetter revealed her self-cast E will no longer unbind her from her allies.
Riot Auberaun also confirmed the balance team is still considering “tuning abilities” rather than swapping out her mechanics. These changes may happen “before the holidays,” but more likely they’ll arrive in patch 11.1 next year.
On top of Rell’s changes, Anivia, Galio, Akali, Gangplank, Malphite, Kayn, Miss Fortune, and Olaf are getting tweaked.
Akali’s changes are quite hefty. She was the “big winner of the preseason,” Tan explained, so Riot is looking to bring her back into line. “We’ve been hoping that we wouldn’t need to nerf her until pro play started, but unfortunately, she’s breaking ban rate limits in Elite play.”
Here’s the full League patch 10.25b notes. The Dec. 16 notes will be updated with official changes when Riot Games releases them as OCE servers begin patching.
League of Legends patch 10.25b notes
- Passive movement speed 40-70 ⇒ 30-60%, damage 39-180 (+60% base attack damage) (+50% ability power) ⇒ 29-170 (+60% bAD) (+40% AP).
- E base damage 60-180 ⇒ 50-170, mana cost 40 ⇒ 50.
- W cooldown 16-12 ⇒ 18-16.
- Attack damage per level 3 ⇒ 4.
- Base armor 35 ⇒ 38.
- Q damage 65-145 ⇒ 75-155.
- Magic resist 32.1 ⇒ 28.
- Fixed a bug where her W attack speed would not increase with rank.
- Gun Goddess Miss Fortune’s guns and Q/E/R VFX are no longer missing before a form is selected.
- Q slow 29-45 ⇒ 25-45%.
- W attack speed 55-95 ⇒ 50-90%.
- Self casting E while in combat no longer unbinds her target.
- Fixed a bug that caused The Collector to pierce through champion death passives.
- Fixed a bug where Ironspike Whip’s (and the items it builds into) cooldown would reduce to 0 when moving slots in the item inventory.
- Total cost 3400 gold ⇒ 2500 gold.
- Immolate damage ramping 12% per second up to 72% ⇒ 10% per second up to 60%.