League of Legends patch 11.9 is here — Vladimir and Hecarim have finally been nerfed, Kog’Maw got its long-awaited update, and Damwon Gaming’s Worlds 2020 skins have dropped in-store in the April 28 update.
- Hecarim, Vladimir lead LoL patch 11.9 champ nerfs
- Deadman’s Plate, Chemtank cop nerfs as Season 11 balance continues
- Damwon Gaming’s new-look “Worlds 2020” skins released
Patch 11.9 is a big one on the League of Legends 2021 calendar; the title’s first international event of the year, the Mid-Season Invitational, will be played on the April 28 update for its entire duration.
Lead Riot Games dev Mark “Scruffy” Yetter said the LoL design team was looking to “add a bit of diversity to the pro meta,” with MSI 2021 in mind. A few “solo queue outliers” have also come under the nerf hammer, he revealed, including explosive new meta pick Vladimir, and star jungler Hecarim.
Kog’Maw also got a VFX update this week.
Finally, Riot is all set to release the “Worlds 2020” skins, celebrating Damwon Gaming’s historic 3–1 win over Suning in Shanghai last year.
#LeagueofLegends patch 11.9 is live! pic.twitter.com/AMQWBRVFDs
— League of Legends News (@lol_insider) April 27, 2021
What’s in League of Legends patch 11.9?
Vladimir, Hecarim headline nerfs
Hecarim and Vladimir are the big names on the League of Legends chopping block this patch, alongside new jungler Morgana, and bot lane menace Jinx.
Hecarim in particular is under the microscope. Yetter explained: “While doing the Hecarim nerfs we wanted to shift his power so that tank build has notably less damage (but still tanky) making room for a viable damage build.”
Dr Mundo, Diana, Rumble, Gragas, Heimerdinger, and Garen also copped a whack to their overall power levels, while Kindred, Shen, Xerath, Kog’Maw, Taric, Lulu, Trundle, Kayn — more specifically his Rhaast version — and Sett were handed buffs.
Riot is also shipped changes for several “standout” items.
These include Turbo Chemtank and Deadman’s Plate (both nerfed), as well as Moonstone Renewer, Death’s Dance, and Wit’s End (all given short buffs).
Kog’Maw VFX update
Kog’Maw, the iconic LoL hyper-carry, finally got his makeover.
While Riot aren’t touching any of the Mouth of the Abyss’ gameplay, they’ve given the void creature a fresh lick of paint to bring him up to the modern League of Legends look. That includes a “model texture” update, as well as new icons for his abilities and their lasting effects.
“We want to improve gameplay clarity on missile widths, ultimate edge indicator, and W/P empowered state,” Riot dev Beardilocks wrote on Twitter.
- Read More: Riot is making a LoL cinematic universe
All of Kog’Maw’s past skins, from 520 RP up, have been given recolors too.
New Conqueror, Worlds 2020 skins
Two different skin lines have been released in LoL patch 11.9 — Jax will be getting a new “Conqueror” cosmetic to celebrate the upcoming Mid-Season Invitational, and five champions are getting “Worlds 2020” skins.
These limited-edition, personalized alt-appearances are to celebrate Damwon Gaming’s historic 2020 victory at the World Championship in Shanghai.
Here’s the full list of champs getting skins this week:
- Conqueror Jax (Legacy) — 1350 RP
- Nidalee, Damwon Gaming (Legacy) — 1350 RP
- Kennen, Damwon Gaming (Legacy) — 1350 RP
- Twisted Fate, Damwon Gaming (Legacy) — 1350 RP
- Nidalee, Damwon Gaming (Legacy) — 1350 RP
- Jhin, Damwon Gaming (Legacy) — 1350 RP
- Leona, Damwon Gaming (Legacy) — 1350 RP
League of Legends patch 11.9 dropped on April 28. Catch all of the changes in the latest LoL update below courtesy, as always, of Riot Games.
League of Legends patch 11.9 notes
- Armor per level 3.6 ⇒ 3.1.
- Base health regeneration 7.5 ⇒ 6.5.
- Passive bonus attack speed 20-40% ⇒ 15-40%.
- Armor per level 3.5 ⇒ 3.
- Attack damage per level 3.5 ⇒ 3.
- W armor/magic resist per stack 0.25 ⇒ 0.2.
- Max resists unchanged (minions needed for max 120 ⇒ 150).
- E damage 80-280 ⇒ 80-260.
- Base armor 36⇒32, armor per level 4 ⇒ 4.25.
- Q bonus damage per Rampage stack 5% ⇒ 2% (+1% per 33 base attack damage).
- W healing 30% ⇒ 30% (+1% per 40 base attack damage) of damage Hecarim deals.
- This % is halved 15% (+1% per 80bAD) for damage dealt by allies.
- E min. damage 35-155 ⇒ 30-110, max. damage 70-310 ⇒ 60-220.
- W damage 50-170 ⇒ 50-150 (max damage 90-306 ⇒ 90-270).
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Rockets crit for 200% ⇒ 175% to splash targets.
- Rhaast Q damage 55% total attack damage +5% (+4%/100%) enemy max health ⇒ 65% total attack damage +5% (+4%/100%) enemy max health.
- Q cooldown 9 ⇒ 8, damage 60-140 ⇒ 60-160.
- Q resistance reduction 20-28% ⇒ 25-33%.
- E cost 80-120 ⇒ 60-100.
- W cooldown 16-12 ⇒ 15-11, attack speed 20-35 ⇒ 25-35%.
- W damage to monsters 200% ⇒ 185%.
- Passive overheated magic damage on-hit 10-50 ⇒ 5-40.
- W percent expended Grit dealt as damage 25 + 10 per 100 bonus attack damage ⇒ 25 + 20 per 100 bonus attack damage.
- R bonus ratio 100% ⇒ 120%.
- R shield value 175-525 (+135% ability power) ⇒ 120-500 (+17.5 base health, +135% ability power).
- Casting R – Cosmic Radiance, E – Dazzle, and W – Bastion on Taric’s linked ally that is not present on the map will no longer channel, show their VFX, or grant benefits, respectively, on them when they reappear (through abilities like Elise’s E – Rappel, Master Yi’s Q – Alpha Strike, etc).
- Q mana cost 70-110 ⇒ 70-90.
- E slow 20-60% ⇒ 32-60%.
- Q cooldown 9/7.75/6.5/5.25/4 ⇒ 9/7.9/6.8/5.7/4.6.
- Q damage 80-240 (+75% ability power) ⇒ 70-230 (+90% ability power).
- W damage 60-180 (+60% ability power) ⇒ 60-200 (+65% ability power).
- Health 400 ⇒ 300.
- Attack damage 50 ⇒ 55.
- Armor 40 ⇒ 50.
- Starlit Grace base heal 60 ⇒ 70.
- Immolate damage against monsters 100% ⇒ 150%.
- Supercharged active move speed 60% ⇒ 40%.
- Build path: Dagger ⇒ Long Sword.
- Attack damage 30 ⇒ 40, attack speed still 40%.
In-Game Shop Updates
- Improved the dropdown for item sets. Now they’re *set* up for success.
- Elixirs now display a cooldown in the Quickbuy panels so you can tell when the most powerful potions will be available for you to purchase.
- After purchasing a Mythic Item, additional Mythics will stop pestering you in the builds menu. SHOO!
- Ornn items are displayed in the shop if you have the great horned one on your team.
Bug fixes/Quality of Life changes
- Viego would not properly copy Kindred and Shyvana’s stacking passives
- Fixed bug where, on possessing Kled, Viego would sometimes become mounted Kled with unmounted Kled’s abilities
- Fixed a bug where, after possessing Kindred, Viego would occasionally keep the Wolf’s VFX for the rest of the game
- Squashed bugs regarding Omnivamp and the champion’s stat panel. Omnivamp in the stat panel will now properly match up to the actual values a champion has.
- Fixed bug where Jayce’s W – Hyper Charge would not update his attack speed correctly
- KogMaw’s Passive – Icathian Surprise VO has been restored and is playing once again on all skins
- Seraph’s Embrace and Archangel’s Staff are no longer blocked from being purchased if you own other items in the Lifeline group
- Riftmaker and Trinity Force now grant Kai’Sa the appropriate amount of stats for her Evolutions
- Fixed an issue where Rammus’ Q – Powerball would grant more move speed than intended when Predator is equipped
- Shurelya’s Battlesong and Shurelya’s Requiem’s Inspire passive no longer counts allied champions twice for its “Allies Motivated” counter in its tooltip