A massive Fortnite event is set to take place at this year’s TwitchCon from October 26-28, including the sixth and final week of the Fall Skirmish competition series.
The event will feature two massive competitions – a Duos tournament open to all those who registered online ahead of time, and a Stream-Vitational tournament that will feature 50 popular content creators and 50 randomly selected TwitchCon attendees.
The combined prize pools of these tournaments will be at least $2.6 million, the last chunk of the $10 million overall prize pool of this season’s Skirmish.
Epic Games will be streaming the competitions on the official Fortnite Twitch channel (included below) live from the TwitchCon event at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, CA.
[ad name=”article3″]Watch live video from Fortnite on www.twitch.tv
Duos Competition Results
Heat 1: Cloakzy and Tfue take 1st Place
- Game 1: Cloakzy and Tfue (“Make It Rain” bonus: Superevan and Godnick_)
- Game 2: Dkokholm and SNG_Tj (“Make It Rain” bonus: HeroJDW and Hero_Ronin)
- Game 3: korea10 and Niibs_
- Game 4: Villex and Juganza
Heat 2: Payne and Vape_Jesus take 1st Place
- Game 1: bloodxeu and vorwenn
- Game 2: Nolanlul and calebur (“Make It Rain” bonus: CLG Chripsy CLG Wishyouluck)
- Game 3: tendons and punisher
- Game 4: payne and Vape_Jesus
Heat 3: Ronaldotv and XXiF take 1st Place
- Game 1: Ghost Bizzle and Ghost Dmo
- Game 2: Ghost Bizzle and Ghost Dmo (“Make It Rain” bonus: C9 Blind and Hysteria)
- Game 3: Saint and Morgausse (“Make It Rain” bonus: Ghost aydan and NICKMERCS)
- Game 4: Ghost twhifo and Ghost snood
Heat 4: PerfectTilt and ItsDiggyTV take 1st Place
- Game 1: PerfectTilt and ItsDiggyTV
- Game 2: Elevate and ceice
- Game 3: HERO JLove and JeRMfn
- Game 4: zooflol and crowdotwave (“Make It Rain” bonus: PerfectTilt and ItsDiggyTV)
Winner: Tfue and Cloakzy
Duos Competition Rules
The first of two competitions will be a two-stage $1.86 million Duos tournament open to all those who registered online in the weeks leading up to TwitchCon. Registrations are now closed as all spots have already been assigned to players.
FORMAT | STAGE ONE: HEATS – (Heat 1: 10/26 10 AM PT; Heat 2: 10/26 2:30 PM PT; Heat 3: 10/27 10 AM PT; Heat 4: 10/27 2:30 PM PT)
In Stage One: Heats, Duo teams with the most points at the end of four matches will be declared the winner. Victory Royales and Eliminations will be scored to determine placement the each heat. The top twelve teams from each Heat will advance to the Stage Two: Grand Finals. Two additional wild card* teams will move on to make a total of 50 Duo teams.
Victory Royale: +3 Points
2nd-3rd Place: +2 Points
4th-5th Place: +1 Point
8+ Eliminations: +3 Points
6-7 Eliminations: +2 Points
4-5 Eliminations: +1 Point
Big Bonus: After 7 Eliminations, +1 Point will be added to each elimination.
“Make It Rain Bonus” has been added at the last minute hours before the tournament was set to begin.
- $10,000 will be awarded to the duo with the most combined eliminations during circles 3 and 4. During the match, admins will give indicators to when this phase is active.
- If two or more duos are tied for the most eliminations during the special phase, the $10,000 bonus is withheld and rolled-over into the next match in the series. So the next match of the series will have a bonus $10,000 PLUS the existing $10,000. This will continue to roll-over until the bonus is claimed by the duo with the most eliminations.
- If a roll-over tie occurs in the final match in the heat, the current bonus is rolled-over into the first match of the grand finals. If a roll-over tie occurs in the final match of the grand finals, the current bonus is rolled-over into the existing $50,000 total elimination bonus.”
*Scores for teams which place 13th in each Heat will be compared against one another to determine which teams advance to the Stage Two: Grand Finals.
FORMAT | STAGE TWO: GRAND FINALS – (10/28 1 PM PT)
InStage Two: Grand Finals, the Duos team with the most points at the end of six matches will be declared the winner. Victory Royales and Eliminations will be scored to determine placement at the end of the event.
All Duos teams that qualify for the Grand Finals will be guaranteed to take home $10,000. In addition to the prize breakdown shown below, a $50,000 bonus will be awarded for each Victory Royale in the Grand Finals and an additional $50,000 for the most total eliminations during the Grand Finals.
Sunday, October 28 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET
This tournament will feature 50 popular content creators and 50 randomly selected TwitchCon attendees all competing against each other for a larger chunk of the $750,000 prize pool.
The Stream-vitational will feature two Solos matches (games 1 & 2) and one Duos match (game 3). There will not be a special scoring system as the final placements for each match will be determined by how long players managed to stay alive in-game.
Stream-vitational Solos Results
Most Elims: Svennoss
Stream-vitational Duos Results
Winner: Typical Gamer, EwitsEric
Much to the chagrin of many competitors, Epic Games have decided to balance the playing field and ensure fair play by requiring that all players use the same inventory, which they will provide, and the same in-game video settings.
- Logitech G-Pro wired mouse
- Logitech G-Pro keyboards
- Standard Xbox One and PS4 controllers, including Xbox Elite Controllers and SCUF PS4/Xbox controllers.
- Astro A40 headsets
- Alienware AW2518H monitors (1920×1080 resolution locked)
In-Game Video Settings
- Windows Mode: Fullscreen
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 16:9
- Frame Rate Limit: 240 FPS
- Quality: Epic
- View Distance: Epic
- Shadows: Epic
- Anti-Aliasing: Epic
- Textures: Epic
- Effects: Epic
- Post Processing: Epic
- Vsync: On
- Motion Blur: Off
- Show FPS: Off