Fortnite update 23.20 is here, so we’ve put together patch notes with all of the new features including The Kid LAROI collaboration, more Reality Augments, and the Falcon Scout item.
After a long, long winter break – it’s been over a month since the Winterfest update dropped! – Fortnite is finally getting a proper mid-season update on Wednesday, January 18, with new content and bug fixes.
From the upcoming The Kid LAROI collab to the rumored Dead Space crossover and a bit of speculation over what else is to come in the next few weeks, here are the Fortnite update 23.20 patch notes.
Fortnite update 23.20 patch notes
The Falcon Scout swoops in
First teased in the Chapter 4 launch trailer, the Falcon Scout item is finally getting added to the game following the 23.20 update. You’ll be able to find one by searching through Oathbound Chests.
The Falcon Scout will fly around your current location and highlight nearby opponents and items with a red marker. It can also collect Reboot Cards and pick up downed teammates.
New Reality Augments are here
Five more Reality Augments have been added to Fortnite with the 23.20 update, which you can see below:
- Peely’s Plunder: Receive a treasure map that will lead you to buried treasure.
- Shotgun Striker: Your Shotgun fire will give you Siphon upon hitting opponents.
- Rarity Check: Get Siphon upon eliminations with Common and Uncommon weapons.
- Zero Chance: Temporarily gain the Zero Point dash ability each time you break an enemy’s Shield.
- Danger Hero: Briefly regenerate Health and gain movement speed when your Shield breaks.
You can unlock these just like other Reality Augments, by playing battle royale matches and adding them to your loadout.
The Kid LAROI collaboration confirmed
Epic Games have confirmed that The Kid LAROI will be taking over a radio station in Fortnite, with an in-game live concert. The developers have also revealed that a new emote will be arriving as part of this collaboration. It will feature the song STAY by Justin Bieber featuring The Kid LAROI.
After several leaks were floating around on social media, Epic has finally confirmed that The Kid Laroi live concert will indeed be happening in Fortnite later this month. According to the official announcement, the live concert will be hosted on The Kid LAROI’s Wild Dreams island from Friday, January 27, 2023.
Additionally, this island will feature some of The Kid Laroi’s upcoming songs, including Love Again. On top of that, players will also be able to play other unreleased songs on both The Kid LAROI’s Wild Dreams island as well as the Afterparty Island from January 27.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Will the rumored Dead Space collaboration happen?
Following in the footsteps of Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, and God of War, leakers have suggested that Dead Space could be the next big video game franchise to cross over with Fortnite.
According to a report from Insider Gaming, the Dead Space collaboration is scheduled for January 23, which would tie in nicely with the Dead Space Remake being released just a few days later.
We’ll keep this page updated if the collaboration gets confirmed.
New skins and Oathbound Quests
As with every update, there will be a bunch of skins added to the game including Midseason Drop styles for Doom Slayer and Dusty, which you can unlock by completing their respective challenges.
There will also be new weekly quests going live, as well as the continuation of the narrative Oathbound Quests, meaning you can get one step closer to unlocking all of those Battle Pass skins.
Could we finally get some news about that long-awaited Family Guy collaboration? Let’s hope so.
Fortnite update 23.20 bug fixes
There are a couple of bug fixes coming in the Fortnite 23.20 update, which you can see below:
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable the Deku Smash in Battle Royale/Zero Build. The Deku Smash has been re-enabled in Battle Royale/Zero Build.
- Fixed issues related to mantling in which players would sometimes be flung across the map.
- Fixed an issue in which, in some instances, sprinting would be disabled for the duration of a match.
- Reality Augments can again be unlocked from teammates.
- Players can again damage objects with their Pickaxe consistently.
- Players are now able to select Reality Augments while on a Dirt Bike.
- Players can now use the Guardian Shield while on the back of an OG Bear pick-up truck or a Dirt Bike.
That’s everything you need to know about Fortnite update 23.20! Check out our Fortnite page for the latest news and guides.