The next Fortnite Season 5 update, patch v15.30, has arrived, and we’ve got all the juicy details including patch notes, news on three new exotic guns, and more.
The third Season 5 update looks to up the ante in Fortnite’s exciting new “bounty hunter” theme — which is drawing in famous pop-culture characters from across the universe — all over again.
“You may make it to the top… but can you stay there?” the devs asked in their patch announcement. They also referenced the next Mandalorian update, coming this week: “Prove you’re among the galaxy’s best bounty hunters in v15.30.”
Here’s everything you need to know about the v15.30 update, which arrived on Tuesday, February 2, 2021, including the arrival of new weapons and bug fixes.
“Mando’s Bounty” LTM
The Mandalorian has been the headline character of Fortnite Season 5 with multiple cosmetics and bounties. Now, he’s getting even more attention in the v15.30 update with a new Mando’s Bounty LTM.
Players will face off against one another to see who can score credits the fastest, while taking out bounty targets for extra credits and higher-tier loot. When The Mandalorian enters the match, he’ll target the player with the most credits.
The Mandalorian will also be getting a new glider called the Beskar Umbrella, which will be unlocked by winning the new Mando’s Bounty LTM. It won’t be easy, but the reward should make it worth the effort.
Creative mode is also getting some love in the v15.30 update, with new Devices and Options set to be added to the building playlist.
New exotic weapons: Burst Quad Launcher, Chug Cannon & Frozen
The latest patch adds three new exotic weapons, some of which have already been teased. They’re called the Burst Quad Launcher, the Frozen SMG, and the Chug Cannon.
If you’re looking to deal damage, you’ll want to focus on the first two. The Burst Quad Launcher shoots two rockets at a time, dealing an explosive 42 damage per rocket, while the Frozen SMG deals 20 damage per bullet with a decent reload time of just over 2 seconds.
The Chug Cannon, meanwhile, works in a similar fashion to the old Bandage Bazooka, as it can be used to heal teammates. It was initially leaked several weeks ago, but now it’s officially made its way into the game.
Kit’s Cantina Star Wars POI
A surprise new point of interest called Kit’s Cantina has arrived on The Island as part of the v15.30 update, and it’s based on an iconic location from the Star Wars universe: The Mos Eisley Cantina.
There’s plenty of Mandalorian and Star Wars iconography at the location to keep fans happy, and there’s also an interactive instrument. It doesn’t do anything at the moment, but will probably be used for a future challenge.
The Mandalorian NPC boss now calls this POI home, so you’ll need to come prepared for a fight if you want to check out the new Star Wars-themed location.
Fortnite v15.30 bug fixes
As usual, the Fortnite dev team will also ship a hefty number of bug fixes, as documented on their official Trello board. This week’s patch has a stack of fixes included for the battle royale, Save the World, and Creative mode.
Here is the full list of bug fixes coming in v15.30:
- Difficulty editing Banner with a controller.
- Long loading screen after completing a session on PlayStation/Xbox.
- The Child Back Bling blocking vision when players aim down sights.
- Jumpshot Outfit missing its facial hair.
- Sound effect audio delay.
- Matchmaking doesn’t start if an unreadied player leaves early.
- Receiving damage mid-air when falling inside a car.
- OG Bear vehicle temporarily booted.
- Zero Point healing effect temporarily disabled.
- Game freezing when going to the Compete tab on PlayStation/Xbox.
- Prop holograms become invisible in certain situations for Xbox Creators.
- “Devices” and “Prefabs” tabs swapped when viewing the Creative Inventory.
Save the World
- Locating a Durrr Burger not counting towards the “Locating: Burger Break!” Ventures quest.
- Eliminating Takers not counting towards the “Eliminate: They Came from the Mist” Ventures quest.
Mobile Top Issues
- Motion Axis setting stuck on “Roll” on Nintendo Switch.
- RT/LT Triggers on Xbox Elite controller on Android.