Epic Games have added several new arenas to the sandbox-style Playground mode of Fortnite Battle Royale.
The Playground mode now features 15 brand new structures in the sky, including four Pirate Ships, a Parkour Course, new Spiky Stadium, four Battle Arenas, Trap Arena, three Build Templates, and an unknown Time Trial station.
This massive set of new additions appeared in Playground after the v6.21 patch update went live early on November 1.
Interestingly enough, there was no mention of these new structures in the v6.21 patch notes, and Epic did not announce or make any comments about them prior to the release of the update.
Regardless, these new arenas offer players a multitude of new activities they can engage in the Playground mode, which has now been expanded considerably since it was first added to Fortnite.
The following video, courtesy of Fortnite news and leaks outlet @LootLakeBR, gives a tour of all of the new structures in the Playground sky.
Here are all of the structures, in order of appearance in the video above, that can be found and interacted with in the sky above the map.
- Pirate Ship – Seems to be a simple build showoff without much functionality; great for cinematics and build inspiration.
- Parkour Course – Right after the first Pirate Ship there seems to be some sort of parkour course where players can test and practice their movement skills.
- Pirate Ship – Same as the first Pirate Ship, good for team-based mini-games.
- Spiky Stadium – Connected via a sky bridge is a Spiky Stadium, eliminating the need for players to go look for a Red Supply Drops in order to play.
- Battle Arenas – Located across from the Spiky Stadium are four arenas which each feature four Vending Machines, a Freeze Trap, and a hole in the center.
- Trap Arena – Next to the Spiky Stadium is an Arena constructed with Freeze and Spike Traps which could make some great mini-games. A Time Trail pickup can be found here.
- Build Templates – Three templates demonstrate to players how to build a Llama, a double Staircase, and 1-1 builds.
- Unknown – An odd-looking structure with a Time Trial pickup can be found near the Llama build template.
- Pirate Ships – The set of structures finishes off with two more Pirate Ships, similar to the ones at the beginning.