Mysterious Pre-Season promo teasers have been dropping in FIFA 20 for some time now, and finally EA SPORTS are set to spill the beans on their game-ending Ultimate Team event.
Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC players were left scratching their heads when the next content drop was confirmed. In the form of in-game loading screens, we have seen everything from Team of the Season So Far cards to co-ordinates for Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge and Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena.
With a few days passing by with zero fresh content in the form of Squad Building Challenges, all eyes now turn to the reveal – and a lot is expected.
FIFA 20 Pre-Season promo reveal
EA SPORTS revealed the first details about this Pre-Season promo on July 29, announcing that players will be able to play FIFA 20 to earn “distinct rewards” for both this title and FIFA 21.
Completing the necessary Objectives and Squad Building Challenges will unlock these rewards for FIFA 21:
- x2 Coin boosts (5 games x 500 coins)
- FUT 20 Icon Home Kit
- FUT 20 Future Stars Kit
- Anchor Chemistry Style
- Engine Chemistry Style
#PreSeason is here ?
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) July 29, 2020
As for what players can enjoy in the current game, here’s a list of all the events and content that’s going to be available throughout the Pre-Season promo:
- ‘Best of’ Pack Content: The best special cards released throughout the year will be available once again via SBCs, Objectives, and the FUT Store, including re-released TOTY cards for the first time ever. The full list can be found here.
- RTTF Tournament Boosts: With the return of the UEFA Champions League and Europa League, Road to the Final special cards are relevant again, and the items will earn a +3 boost for every win their team gets.
- New RTTF Players: In addition, EA will be releasing new RTTF special cards.
- Champions League Showdowns: During the UCL period, there will be new Showdown SBCs released with one player representing each team in a specific matchup. The card from the winning team will receive a permanent +3 boost.
- Halftime SBCs: During the halftime breaks for UCL and UEL matches, there will be puzzle SBCs that players can complete for rewards.
- Top Transfers: The Pre-Season promo will feature new cards given to top players who transfer to a new team this summer.
As with most recent promos in FIFA 20, the Pre-Season will be incorporated with the Weekend League FUT Champs, as players will receive specialized rewards for reaching specific ranks every weekend.
|WL RANK ACHIEVED||REWARDS EARNED|
|Top 100||The ‘Best of’ 11 Players Pack will be replaced with the TOTSSF 11 Players Pack containing 11 TOTSSF player items from the Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1.|
|Elite 3 – Elite 1||The ‘Best Of’ 3 Players Pack will be replaced with the TOTTSF 3 Player Pack containing 3 TOTSSF player items from the Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1.|
|Gold 2+||A minimum of 1 TOTSSF item from the Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1 will be in any Player Pick earned.|
|Silver 1+||Any player items earned from Player Pick packs will be TOTSSF items.|
|Silver 2 and 3||Any player items earned from Player Pick packs will be TOTSSF items and will be capped at 88 OVR.|
FIFA Pre-Season promo content leaked
Popular data miner FUTWatch has potentially revealed some SBC rewards for the upcoming event in the games files.
There appears to be info on rewards packs that will include up to five TOTY loan cards. Alongside that, a guaranteed upgrade SBC to allow players to get a TOTSSF rated 90 and above looks set to feature.
— FUT Watch (@FutWatch) July 29, 2020
Pre-Season promo teasers
With each passing teaser, players have become more and more curious about this promo.
Four have been released in total, so let’s break them down one-by-one.
- The first meaningful teaser showed us both Europa League and Champions League cards. This suggests the promo will follow the end of both tournaments.
- Secondly, there was then a purple FIFA 20 Ultimate Team SBC logo – hinting at more Squad Building Challenges coming soon.
- Then after that, EA revealed TOTSSF and TOTY cards could be intertwined with Pre-Season.
- The last one might not look super different to the third, but did include a transfer icon in the bottom right, along with two co-ordinates.
It has since been discovered that these co-ordinates match up perfectly with the locations of both Chelsea’s and Bayern Munich’s stadiums. This may be an indication about which transfer cards are coming first.
Leroy Sane has signed for the German champions. The Blues have also been active, having secured the services of former RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner. Whether these are included or not remains to be seen.
With hype ramping up for this bridging promo between FIFA 20 and FIFA 21, the ball is very much in EA‘s court now. Everybody can’t wait to see what has been packed into this content drop.