YouTuber deletes channel after outrage over "call" with Kobe Bryant - Dexerto
Entertainment

YouTuber deletes channel after outrage over “call” with Kobe Bryant

Published: 28/Jan/2020 19:20 Updated: 29/Jan/2020 13:42

by Virginia Glaze

Share


NBA superstar and inspiration to many, Kobe Bryant, tragically passed away along with his daughter Gianna and seven other passengers in a helicopter crash on January 26 — but that isn’t stopping some YouTubers from capitalizing on the accident.

While the world mourned the unexpected and shocking passing of the nine victims, YouTuber “Jolto” took things a step further, claiming to have “called” Bryant after his death and even claiming that the basketball legend was alive.

In a video titled, “CALLING KOBE BRYANT AT 3 AM! *OMG HE ACTUALLY ANSWERED* (HES NOT DEAD),” Jolto faked a series of text messages with Bryant, the number of whom he’d allegedly procured from the “dark web.”

Kobe Bryant, Instagram
NBA legend Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna tragically passed away in a helicopter accident on January 26, 2020, along with seven other passengers.

According to the phony messages, Kobe “didn’t want anything to do with the mainstream media anymore” and was “looking for a way out.”

That’s not all: the two even got on a fake “phone call,” where a disturbingly distorted voice called out, “Help me.”

Needless to say, Jolto’s video incited criticism across social media, with many accusing the YouTuber of using Bryant’s death as a means to score views.

“Nah I feel he deserves every ounce of criticism,” one user wrote. “Fair enough if he made a joke on the whim offline, but he physically went through the process to upload this to a website.”

“…I prayed that this wasn’t going to happen but of course it did,” another commented. “He constantly says ‘I feel so bad,’ and s**t like that, but then continues to disrespect to Kobe and his family.”

Still others compared him to the ongoing scandal surrounding fellow YouTuber “Jaystation,” who is similarly coming under fire for seemingly faking the death of his girlfriend and even conversing with her via Ouija Board.

Since then, Jolto’s YouTube channel has been deleted, with the offensive video being re-uploaded on separate channels across the site.

While Jolto’s video was certainly offensive, YouTube commentator “WillNE” urged viewers not to “witch hunt” the young creator, calling his upload a “dumb mistake” — one that will hopefully teach him a valuable lesson for future videos.

Entertainment

KSI calls out Jake Paul after YouTuber KO’s Nate Robinson in boxing bout

Published: 29/Nov/2020 5:19

by Andrew Amos

Share


It’s been no time at all, but Olajide ‘KSI’ Olatunji has already called out Jake Paul ahead of their prospective bout at Madison Square Garden, saying that after his performance against Nate Robinson, Paul stands no chance.

It was the fight everyone had their eyes on November 28. On the undercard of Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr, YouTuber Jake Paul was set to bout with NBA star Nate Robinson.

What we got instead was a bloodbath. Robinson was trounced by Paul, getting knocked down multiple times before Paul laid the final blow in the second round. Robinson barely laid a glove on Paul despite coming out all guns blazing.

While millions watched, there was one spectator on the sidelines with more on the line than most ⁠— Jake Paul’s next prospective opponent, KSI.

The YouTuber has already faced off against Paul’s older brother Logan, beating the American not once but twice. Jake fancies his chances a little bit better, but KSI wasn’t impressed by the younger brother’s skills against Robinson.

As soon as the fight ended, KSI already started the war back up with the Pauls. “I saw nothing special from Jake lol. Soon come,” he said on Twitter.

The thinly-veiled threat at Jake Paul is alluding to their prospective bout at Madison Square Garden, pending the current global situation.

Paul has been pretty vocal about making sure the fight goes ahead, saying he has a point to prove against the British YouTuber. “KSI vs Jake Paul is 100% gonna happen. If I die without that happening, I would be so upset. It has to happen, for the culture,” he said in September.

While Paul didn’t direct address KSI post-fight ⁠— instead calling out Conor McGregor for a bout ⁠— the rivalry between the two YouTubers is fierce.

One can only hope they do actually make good on their promise and get in the ring.