MrBeast takes serious step in YouTube career by signing to major talent agency - Dexerto
Entertainment

MrBeast takes serious step in YouTube career by signing to major talent agency

Published: 24/Jan/2019 0:57 Updated: 24/Jan/2019 1:17

by Virginia Glaze

Share


Popular YouTuber Jimmy ‘MrBeast’ Donaldson, known for his insane cash giveaway videos, has been signed to Dallas-based talent agency Night Media.

MrBeast was picked up by Night Media’s founder, Reed Duchscher, who claims that the YouTuber’s addition will mark a “cornerstone” for their upcoming talent in 2019.

“MrBeast will be a cornerstone addition to our talent lineup going into 2019,” Duchscher said of the signage, going on to state that Night Media aims to “leverage [MrBeast’s] audience with leading brands looking to capitalize on the red-hot influencer market.”

Business WireMrBeast poses with Night Media founder Reed Duchscher.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190123005544/en/Night-Media-Signs-Top-Influencer-%E2%80%9CMrBeast%E2%80%9D

With his signage, MrBeast joins the likes of YouTube gamer Preston ‘PrestonPlayz’ Arsement and pro Fortnite player Ian ‘SSundee’ Stapleton, each of which boast 8.3 million and 10.5 million subs, respectively.

Night Media has orchestrated campaigns for major brands like eBay, the National Breast Cancer Foundation, OnePlus, and browser extension Honey, among other big names. 

MrBeast makes up a third of Night Media’s 600 million plus monthly views, raking in between 150 and 250 million views per month. 

Known for his generous donations and crazy stunts (like saying ‘PewDiePie’ 100,000 times), MrBeast has managed to rack up an impressive 14 million subscribers and a substantial Twitter following.

MrBeast previously made waves upon creating a massive, city-wide advertisement campaign to benefit YouTube king Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg, who nearly lost the race against Bollywood label T-Series in October of 2018. 

Since then, PewDiePie has seen support from internet personalities and celebs across the globe, with even Indian YouTubers taking to the streets to advocate for the Swede.

Entertainment

KSI calls out Jake Paul after YouTuber KO’s Nate Robinson in boxing bout

Published: 29/Nov/2020 5:19

by Andrew Amos

Share


It’s been no time at all, but Olajide ‘KSI’ Olatunji has already called out Jake Paul ahead of their prospective bout at Madison Square Garden, saying that after his performance against Nate Robinson, Paul stands no chance.

It was the fight everyone had their eyes on November 28. On the undercard of Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr, YouTuber Jake Paul was set to bout with NBA star Nate Robinson.

What we got instead was a bloodbath. Robinson was trounced by Paul, getting knocked down multiple times before Paul laid the final blow in the second round. Robinson barely laid a glove on Paul despite coming out all guns blazing.

While millions watched, there was one spectator on the sidelines with more on the line than most ⁠— Jake Paul’s next prospective opponent, KSI.

The YouTuber has already faced off against Paul’s older brother Logan, beating the American not once but twice. Jake fancies his chances a little bit better, but KSI wasn’t impressed by the younger brother’s skills against Robinson.

As soon as the fight ended, KSI already started the war back up with the Pauls. “I saw nothing special from Jake lol. Soon come,” he said on Twitter.

The thinly-veiled threat at Jake Paul is alluding to their prospective bout at Madison Square Garden, pending the current global situation.

Paul has been pretty vocal about making sure the fight goes ahead, saying he has a point to prove against the British YouTuber. “KSI vs Jake Paul is 100% gonna happen. If I die without that happening, I would be so upset. It has to happen, for the culture,” he said in September.

While Paul didn’t direct address KSI post-fight ⁠— instead calling out Conor McGregor for a bout ⁠— the rivalry between the two YouTubers is fierce.

One can only hope they do actually make good on their promise and get in the ring.