James Charles explains why he is cancelling his 'SISTERS' live tour - Dexerto
Entertainment

James Charles explains why he is cancelling his ‘SISTERS’ live tour

Published: 25/May/2019 23:05 Updated: 25/May/2019 23:07

by Virginia Glaze

Share


It seemed like the skyrocketing career of young beauty YouTuber James Charles was over, after makeup guru Tati Westbrook published a slew of damaging claims against him in her viral “Bye Sister” video; while the tables have since turned, it doesn’t look like things are all sunshine and roses for Charles, after all.

While Charles has since reclaimed his 15 million subscriber milestone, the YouTube star is putting a hold on one of his biggest projects of the year – his ‘SISTERS’ live tour, which has officially been canceled in wake of the drama.

Charles made the announcement in a ten-minute-long video on his Instagram story on Friday, May 24, calling the development a “tough decision.”

James Charles, InstagramDespite regaining his major subscriber milestone, James Charles has chosen to cancel his SISTERS live tour in wake of his drama with YouTuber Tati Westbrook.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx1C3lJJpNh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

“The SISTERS tour is not being cancelled because I was ‘cancelled’,” Charles explained. “…the main reason I’m deciding to pull the plug on the tour is because the next few weeks and the next few months, honestly, I said that I wanted to take time for myself and to be with the people who love me, and to focus on things that make me really happy.”

Despite the tour’s cancellation, Charles expressed an intense desire to create another live experience for his fans, claiming that the future tour would be “even more epic than before.”

Charles’ decision to cancel his tour was met with mixed reactions from fans and critics alike, with some viewers expressing major disappointment at the news.

“In my opinion, your decision to cancel your SISTERS tour is very weak,” one concerned father wrote of the matter. “You caved. You gave into what made you.Your fans made you. our passion made you. You broke my daughter’s heart today and for that you lost what made you what you were.”

“I love you so much and I completely respect your decision to cancel the tour, I’m just very sad, because I was looking forward to seeing you and it was my graduation present,” a fan Tweeted.

However, other fans hope that Charles will come back stronger at his next event – which he hinted might go international.

Entertainment

TikTok star Zoe Laverne under fire for allegedly kissing underage fan

Published: 28/Oct/2020 1:28

by Alan Bernal

Share


TikTok star Zoe LaVerne is facing massive backlash after multiple videos surfaced of her allegedly kissing an underage fan. This comes days after leaked Instagram conversations from her ex-boyfriend Cody Orlove and Amber VanPelt raised concerns of “very intense” interactions with an underage influencer.

A video on the ‘Def Noodles’ account featured a short clip showing the two. It was apparently only a short form of a much longer video showing more instances of the same behavior.

According to Def Noodles, LaVerne previously denied allegations of having a relationship with an underage person. This was in direct response to the allegations brought by Orlove’s hacked messages.

The video comes at a sensitive time for LaVerne, who was already getting heat for Orlove’s Instagram messages with VanPelt.

Zoe LaVerne Instagram
Zoe LaVerne once again removed herself from Instagram after the latest allegations.

In them, Orlove’s leaked exchange shows that he “left (LaVerne) because of her interactions with Connor. They got very intense and it’s something I do not stand by whatsoever. It’s p**dophillia.”

Another message, this time from Orlove to LaVerne, shows he cut communication from her. “My lawyers will handle the rest,” he said in reference to the “toxic” breakup between the two TikTok personalities.

LaVerne, who deleted her Instagram in mid-September in response to a separate lip-syncing debacle, once again removed herself from the Facebook-owned social platform.

In a private fandom account known to be run by LaVerne, she gave a message to her fans for her renewed hiatus from Instagram after the videos came out.

zlpfandom0.2 Instagram
An Instagram message from a fan-account known to be run by LaVerne.

“Thank you for everything, really,” the account called ‘zlpfandom0.2’ wrote. “But for right now I don’t think I’ll be back on soial media again. I (still) have a lot to think about. I reall don’t wanna leave you guys but I’m tired of feeling this way. I’m tired of crying and hurting. It’s nothing but negativity to me anymore. I love you so much.”

LaVerne has over 17 million followers on TikTok and nearly 450,000 subscribers on YouTube. She’s been featured in TikToks and videos with other online celebrities ranging from Terin Sottile and ex-boyfriend Zephan Clark.

If the move offline is permanent, it’s not known if LaVerne will publicly respond to the latest videos that are surfacing.