Diablo 3 Season 27 is almost upon us, so here’s everything you need to know about your next descent into the Burning Hells below Sanctuary.
While there’s still some of Season 26 to go until Season 27 starts to emerge, here’s what we know for now. This includes when Season 26 is likely to end when Season 27 is likely to start, and what the theme for the next Season could be.
- When does Season 26 end?
- When does Season 27 start?
- Season 27: Angelic Crucibles
- Sanctified Powers: Season 27
Diablo 3 Season 26 ended on August 21, 2022. We’ll also be waving goodbye to Echoing Nightmares.
Diablo 3 Season 27 will begin on Friday, August 26, 2022, bringing with it Angelic Crucibles and Sanctified Powers/Items.
You can check other the full patch notes for PTR 2.7.4 to get a feel for what’s coming.
The theme of Season 26 was a game mode called Echoing Nightmare, which is likely to end with the current Season. In its place, Season 27 will introduce Angelic Crucibles.
These will be new items that can be farmed and used to reforge legendary gear. It essentially allows the player to reroll the item’s affixes, changing them to perfect stats – so we imagine these items will be highly sought after.
Once modified, the item will then gain one of three new “Sanctified Powers” coming to Season 27. Here’s a breakdown of how they’ll work:
- Angelic Crucibles and Sanctified Items can only be acquired in Seasonal play and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
- Angelic Crucibles can drop anywhere in Sanctuary at level 70.
- Players can obtain as many Sanctified items as they would like, however, only one Sanctified item can be equipped at a time.
- Sanctified items can be Sanctified again using another Angelic Crucible.
- No stats are preserved when Sanctifying an item.
- Only level 70 equippable items can be Sanctified—crafted items cannot be Sanctified.
- Followers cannot equip Sanctified items.
Here’s a breakdown of Sanctified Powers based on each character class in Diablo 3 Season 27:
- Whirlwind pulls in and holds all enemies within 25 yards.
- Hammer of the Ancients hits in all directions around the Barbarian. Every seventh cast of Hammer of the Ancients unleashes a powerful shockwave.
- Hitting enemies generates stacks of Tempest Rhythm. Activating Wrath of the Berserker consumes 50 stacks of Tempest Rhythm and startles enemies within 16 yards, causing them to take 0.5% increased damage per stack for 10 seconds. Max 100 stacks.
- Blessed Hammer now crackles with energy damaging enemies within 15 yards of its path. All runes but Dominion now throw the hammer in a direct path in front of the Crusader.
- Every two seconds, call down Fist of the Heavens on a random nearby enemy.
- After casting Falling Sword, you descend from the sky with two Archangels that wield immense holy skills and benefit from your holy damage skill modifiers.
- Strafe now casts the last non-channeled Hatred spending ability casted.
- Casting Vengeance unleashes a barrage of rockets that deal damage equal to a percentage of an enemy’s current hit points. The percentage per rocket is reduced if the enemy is an Elite or Boss. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds.
- Firing Cluster Arrow concentrates its explosive force into a piercing ray of light.
- Casting Wave of Light now summons a bell at the target location that deals damage when the caster attacks the bell. Up to seven bells can be active at one time.
- All Way of the Hundred Fists combo punches use the second stage combo punch.
- The target of your Seven-Sided Strike is barraged with spiritual punches for 15 seconds. This can only affect one enemy at a time.
- Your Golem now picks up corpses within 20 yards. Each corpse it stores allows you to cast any corpse spending ability with the max number of corpses consumed per cast. Up to 30 corpses can be stored.
- Enemies within 50 yards are constantly assaulted by the Army of the Dead – Unconventional Warfare while this item is equipped.
- Hitting enemies with Death Nova five consecutive times adds a spirit that afflicts an enemy every fifth cast of Death Nova. Up to three spirits can be sent at a time.
- Five seconds after casting Haunt, all Haunted enemies within 50 yards are pulled to the Witch Doctor.
- Horrify becomes an aura that causes enemies to receive 15% more damage and deal 15% less damage in addition to its other effects.
- Your Gargantuan spreads Locusts Swarm to any enemy within 16 yards and summons Zombie Dogs periodically. Zombie Dogs now gain every rune when summoned.
- Casting Storm Armor sends a power thunderbolt from the skies that instantly kills a random enemy within 30 yards. Bosses are not killed but take significant damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds.
- Arcane Orb now periodically spawns up to four orbiting charges that will generate an additional orb when cast. All charges from the Arcane Orbit rune now detonate at the same time. Magic Missile fires 20 missiles and gains the effect of the Seeker rune.
So that’s everything we know so far about Diablo 3 Season 27, from when it starts to its theme and limited-time game mode.
Looking to stay a step ahead of the competition? Be sure to check out our Diablo 3 guides:
How to find & defeat Izual | Where to find Kanai’s Cube in Diablo 3 | How to get Dawn Demon Hunter crossbow | Best Barbarian Builds | Best Crusader Builds | Best Demon Hunter Builds | Best Monk Builds | Best Necromancer Builds | Best Witch Doctor Builds | Best Wizard Builds